Quick Suggestions

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@sk_gael well said!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1042 posts

Hello again everyone,

As I've advised previously, this issue with interacting with settlement NPCs is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming patch. I don't have the specifics of the patch yet (such as its release date or full contents) but as soon as more details become available, I'll share them here in this thread. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in the meantime - I fully appreciate that this issue is preventing progress with developing your settlements and that you'd like to move forward with this as soon as possible.

I would also like to ask that any issues with the Yule event are raised in a separate thread unless relating to the core settlement NPCs; this helps us to keep track of the two individual instances. Thank you. 🙂

Answering individual replies below -

@tperfecto12 Support cases on our website close automatically after four days of no response on the player side, but the automatic closure does not mean that our investigation(s) into an ongoing issue stops. 🙂 You don't need to worry if your case closes automatically if it concerns a known issue, as we are working on it and will provide updates when possible.

@undlose Could you open a separate thread and provide a video of this issue please?

@kodare97 A fix is scheduled for an upcoming patch - stay tuned.

@smithy10GB We are grateful to you for sharing your account of this issue, and for providing the information we requested. I do apologise that the investigation has taken longer than the refund window offered by the Microsoft Store, and sadly can only reaffirm that we have no influence over their policies or processes. Only Microsoft could answer your queries relating to whether a refund could still be possible. In terms of the update, I will let you know further details as soon as I have them. As a quick request as well - please do mind your language and keep your posts suitable for the forums. 🙂

@GTR31770 I'm afraid we cannot consult players regarding issues on Discord or similar - we require direct footage to be submitted. 😞 If on PC, you might be able to use the Xbox Game Bar options to record your screen - there's a guide on how to use it here for your future reference! We don't require any additional videos of this particular issue for the moment as a fix is incoming.

@chriskean86 I'd just like to quickly clarify that the Yule Festival and seasonal content is free to all players, not a Season Pass item 🙂 There will be further seasonal events throughout 2021 as well. You can read more on this subject here if you'd like!

@heartpunches I'm afraid I don't have any information regarding the timing of the fix and whether it will be deployed before the Yule Festival ends. I will do my best to find out more information and reply here on this subject, so please do keep checking back, as I'll provide an update if I do receive any additional information.

Official Response
  • Y2john84
    48 posts

@ubi-woofer so there is a fix? So why isn't it downloading to my ps4 right now please? This isn't a fix that should be bulked with others, this is a fix that should take priority, believe me, I have more bugs than the npc issue, but if this gets fixed it makes my game playable, please, send this fix seperate and asap

• LethalRabbid
    8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Hello again everyone,

As I've advised previously, this issue with interacting with settlement NPCs is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming patch. I don't have the specifics of the patch yet (such as its release date or full contents) but as soon as more details become available, I'll share them here in this thread. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in the meantime - I fully appreciate that this issue is preventing progress with developing your settlements and that you'd like to move forward with this as soon as possible.

Hello, I'm glad I found this megathread, since livechat is... well, let's just say I have a different opinion on what "livechat" actually means 😁

I know you just said "No known release date", but I'm wondering if you can give us an estimate... are you (and I mean the devs more specifically) talking about 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, ...?

Happy to read that the bug has been found in what must be some ****load of code.

• Codyhellsing
    1 posts

Its been about a month of not being able to access my settlement. The blacksmith and the trader woman are the ones who work. I thought you guys just did an update to fix this

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@Ubi-Woofer i think at this point my language is not the issue.

If I took £59.99 off you and sold you a game that doesn't work and virtually has no refund policy and no real assistance with a fix, let's be honest it probably wouldn't be bad language, it would probably be a court case.

You guys have taken our money and instead of fixing the issue and giving us what we paid for, you are developing new events, that we cant even play.

I seriously think you guys have your priorities skewed.

• Ubi-Woofer

@Y2john84 I will pass your feedback forward to the developers and production teams regarding this fix. I am not aware of any plans to hotfix this issue at this time however.

@LethalRabbid I do not have any further information about the fix at this time as stated previously. If I do receive an estimate of its deployment or when the next patch has been finalised, I will let you know.

@smithy10GB I fully appreciate your frustrations however it is part of my role here on the forums to moderate, so I must ask that you do adhere to our forum rules while posting. Breaches of those rules will lead to sanctions being placed on your account. 🙂 The developers are treating this issue as a priority and I will provide further information about the fix as soon as I am able.

Official Response
  • ApGOD48
    15 posts

@ccryosis in my case everyone is bugged even randvi from where i should begin my main quests . this is not done stupid ubisoft devs

• gian883
    2 posts

in my case, all the npc’s in the village are bugged, except the Yule missions’ ones

• LethalRabbid
    8 posts

@apgod48
    I have the same issue... sucks, but it's not the end of the (real)world.
    But why on earh would you attack the devs?
    For one thing, they are not stupid... trust me, you cannot write any part of a game's codebase if you lack intelligence.
    Further more, the devs write code and, I hope, test-cases. Then there should be extensive testing done by dedicated testers.
    Next up, there should be some sort of "acceptance" flow which validates the work that will be delivered...
    If any of these processes are cut short or skipped due to any reasons, it's probably management that requires some blaming. And even those have to deal with budget cuts.. all that because of the stakeholders need to be payed 80% (just a number, but you get my point) of the profits...

Anyways, I understand your frustration, but you can't just pinpoint one group. That's called stigmatisation... which leads to to discrimination and so on 😉

• ApGOD48
    15 posts

@lethalrabbid its ok bro its just i want fix to we all can enjoy but they wont let us know the estimated time for the fix

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer let's be honest I already have a huge sanction on my account, it's a £59.99 game that I can't do much with, and now it's also a big event that, let's be honest, I'm also going to miss.

Please please please tell me what I paid for.

Pretty sure I paid for a COMPLETE game over a month ago, not an EARLY ACCESS game.

This is such a meme at this point.

Also wth are we supposed to do? We are all going to miss this new event, what are we going to get for it? Nothing but false hope.

Let's be honest, ubisoft don't believe in making amends for their mistakes so in 6 months time when this issue is actually sorted it will just be brushed under the carpet and not a single person here will get any sort of compensation for the months without a game that we have all paid for.

Such a shame, it finally started to look up for ubisoft but after this whole event I don't think I'm going to ever spend money on any of their products again. Developers need to learn the hard way, I just hope others take the same action because it seems like the only way to get anything from ubisoft is with cold hard cash.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@lethalrabbid just a heads up I have had experience with video game development and at this point I believe his comments towards the devs are fully deserved.

Not only are they providing any real info on the matter but it has also been over a month. Over 1 month with their grubby hands on our cash and we can't even play the product we paid for.

No help with refunds, no help with in terms of an eta, not a spec of compensation for this mess and if you use your eyes, you will see that the devs priority is not actually with the bug, but rather the event.
    Yes the event that WE CAN'T EVEN TAKE PART IN.

So yes, I would say its completely justified.

If you bought a TV and half the screen was permanently black, then you asked for a refund only to be completely denied something that should be well within your rights under the consumer rights.
    Would you not be atleast a little bit frustrated?

The first 2 weeks I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but it's clear at this point that they have no intention of fixing the bug any time soon, if that where the case I can't see a reason for the devs not to just give us a freaking eta.
    But no, they keep saying in a "future update".

Future can be any time, could be 1 month, 1 year, or ubisoft favourate "Future" NEVER.

• Ubi-Woofer

@ApGOD48 As I previously advised, a fix is coming for this issue in a future update - thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime. I'm afraid I don't have further details at this time however I hope to know more very soon!

@smithy10GB Your honest feedback on this experience is appreciated, and I've been passing forward your comments and the frustrations expressed throughout. If I do hear anything back regarding compensation or other plans, I will let everyone know. In terms of the fix for this issue, I can assure you it is not "never" coming - it is planned for a patch already scheduled. I don't have confirmation of the patch date or details as yet, but as I've said, I'll share more when I know more!

Official Response
  • dill-1993
    1 posts

I cant use the barraks or long ship or fishing store

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@ubi-woofer nothing wrong with how you have managed this and other posts on bugs, but I feel very close to @smithy10GB position as we were amongst the first unlucky to have this bug on Nov 12, straight after the game was released
    It is now Dec 24, 1 month and a half has passed and all we get is vague reassurances that in a future patch, the matter is priority, we appreciate the frustration, devs are working hard to look into it etc.

Fact is that nothing has been done on the dev side, we could not play the game as intended and this is an extremely faulty product which has, by the way, very negatively impacted your company's reputation at the eyes of many customers/players.

It is shameful that it took almost 30 days to just acknowledge the issue on the dev side, and I would blindly bet they started working on it not earlier that 15/20 days ago.

The fact that we have no timeline whatsoever only adds more shame on Ubisoft and uncertainty to us.

• kalen12345
    1 posts

Having problems with the game it won’t let me finish the missions or talk to anyone

• HappyCarnage21
    1 posts

I too am getting the same error messages on my Xbox one. I can interact with my npcs still (mind you I havnt tested all of them) but when I'm trying to get contracts it pops up with an error message. I changed my ubisoft password because that was recommended, and it worked for a while, but now I'm back to getting error messages. Its very frustrating since I'm trying to complete the quest for 10 contracts but I can't get the contracts to complete it.

• samstra101
    3 posts

I have this problem on the ps4 and ps5 for 2 months, i’m still waiting for the patch... it’s gamebreaking and I will never ever buy the gold edition of Ubisoft again.. Sorry guys

• tperfecto12
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer We def look foreword to being kept in the loop and getting this fixed because it is very frustrating. Can you also please advise you let staff to stop giving out false information. All the help your fellow team member are advising does not work. It is clear this is an issue with the game made by Ubisoft. I am very sick of creating cases and given nonsense answers on how to fix this. It is a bug in the game and can only be fixed and corrected by Ubisoft. Hell even an official statement/apology for Ubisoft would go a long way to all the customers that have been affected by this for over 50 days

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics