Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• samuel-jackson2
    4 posts

I'm having this exact issue. I can't access the Barracks, Tattooist, Reda or the Shipyard. Really frustrating!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@rryder810 yeah it really needs sorting, I just done a bunch of hunting/ fishing and can't hand in the items 😕

• evilapplemoose
    8 posts

@stascream89
    Same here. Almost 50 hours into the game and still can’t speak to half of the village.
    Especially the Barracks and Cartographer are annoying. I really want to try these before I finish the game. Seems unlikely at this point.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

Same here (xbox one s)

Most of my npc's are no longer functional, this includes shipyard, barracks, hunter, Fisher and cartographer.

I think it might be to do with the online services constantly going down, I only started experiencing these issues last night when I kept getting a notifications about not being able to connect to the ubisoft online services.

Here's to hoping ubisoft will actually reply to these threads and give us some insight.

• guest-b9Uydy0I
    5 posts

Having the same problem on PS4.. Stopped working a few day's ago, couldn't fix it with reloading a save. Had the same problem with the tattoo shop, but that problem fixed itself.

spoiler

Barracks are still not working though.. Also not in the list of known issues of Ubisoft.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@smithy10gb OK so I tried contacting ubisoft live chat about the issues, the agent i spoke to said he would inform the dev team but in terms of the connection issues I am having in game, the agent tried to play this off as my Internet connection......

Bearing in mind I have a fast upload and download speed and my Nat type is open.....

I literally have no connection issues with other games, this is the only service I have connectivity issues with..... Shoddy customer support ubisoft.

😞

• guest-b9Uydy0I
    5 posts

Having the exact same issues on PS4.

The Cartographer got fixed at my game.

spoiler

• guest-b9Uydy0I
    5 posts

Same issue here on PS4

• guest-b9Uydy0I
    5 posts

I'm having the same problem on PS4.

There are more threads with this problem. Hope it gets fixed soon..

• Dclark5891
    5 posts

I have the same connection issue and seeming as I have youtube running in the back ground with no problems, its on their end. But from what I've learned is no company will admit they have connection issues. It's always your internet to them.

• MrSugarBoi
    3 posts

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help I can’t speak to some of the people in my camp for example my longship customiser, the hunter to trade legendary animal heads, my crew master or my stable guy is there a fix for this ? Thank you in advance

• Saulvdberg123
    1 posts

I can't interact with wallace to turn in my animal trophies in the settlement. The interact option doesn't pop up when i want to talk to him and there are no talking dots above his head

• MrSugarBoi
    3 posts

Hello I need help there’s people in my camp which I am not able to talk to which are important four example my long ship customisation, my hunter so I can trade my legendary trophies for rewards, my barracks woman so I can change the people on my long ship and my stable master so I can upgrade my horse those are the ones at the moment I can’t speak to and haven’t been able to for a couple days now thank you in advance

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@guest-b9uydy0i

I have been on and off live chat for a while with ubi because I have also been having trouble connecting to their servers, they think it might be related and, apparently, passed word on to the development team.

Unfortunately they want me to port forward to the servers so now I have the mess about with my isp to get this done, which still probably won't work.

Let's be hones from what I have gathered talking to live chat is that instead of their QA teams looking into the issue, its our jobs to do their jobs for them, pretty shoddy to be honest.

After 5 hours of back and forth between different live chat agents they make it out to that the connectivity issues are user error not even thinking for 1 second that their servers could be the problem. It's funny really, it's my connections fault event hough I can play any other game just fine, wonder how that works...

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@dclark5891 yeah it's a shame really, they even tried to get me to port forward after 5 hours of back and forth with multiple advisors.

Here is the issue, in 2020 if I have to port forward, to "troubleshoot" their game. Then there is clearly a problem.

But ubisoft are hell bent on sticking to a script that puts the customer at fault, shameful.

Here's a tip ubisoft if you are reading, it will save you a lot of money.

Fire your live chat advisors, and replace them with a troubleshooting document, it is literally the only thing they say. You will save stacks of cash.

• N0va56
    3 posts

@n0va56 this has now also extended to the tattoo guy, and the stablemaster. Even though everything is built I cannot interact with them, it is really annoying since growing the settlement was the part of the game I was looking forward to most

• N0va56
    3 posts

@halo3man777 I have the same thing, except I cant talk to the ship master, quartermaster, stable master, or tattoo guy. It's really frustrating

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@n0va56 Please go to the back of the bug reporting queue and pick a number.

You number is 63124541232345231 estimated wait time is 24 years and 234 day.

Thank you for your understanding.

The bewbieshaft team.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@n0va56 same here, I tagged woofer in another thread, hopefully I get a response.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@mrsugarboi unfortunately not, I have the same issue, I tagged ubiwoofer in a separate post so hopefully he gets back to me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics