Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@smithy10gb

Perfectly summed up. Ive just been wanting my £60 back now for weeks. Why isnt that an option for us given this is totally game breaking. Cyberpunk dropped with lesser issues than this (on my PS4 version) and refunds were made available to us with that.

my Valhalla is infintely worse than anything Ive had in Cyberpunk to date yet any mention of Refunds is met with tumbleweed?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2235 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • jws1878-1953
    7 posts

I can´t interact with the seer. After i constructed the hut the cut-scence didn´t start and i can´t start th valhalla quest.

• trisNL_
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer I also want to add to my vid that the starter quest "to serve the light" does not appear in completed quests although i have done it.

• CellarD00r666
    5 posts

@shadowreapervwv have you tried upgrading something in the settlement to see if it somehow kicks all the NPCs back to working properly? Have you tried traveling to and from Norway just for poops and giggles? Have you tried chucking your controller in a fit of rage?

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@guest-tii0bwu3 Ive been stuck in this boat since Nov 20th - only from then until recently it was no NPCs working not just Tove. I had mounts/boat stuff/tattoos/raiding crew all bought in the store that I then couldnt use. Ive wanted £60 refund back ever since

• trisNL_
    7 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Is there any news on the hytham bug? it would help me know if there is something being investigated. its been nearly two weeks and haven't got any news on it yet.

• BaconMacGowan
    4 posts

Tove the tattooist is the only NPC I can't get to talk to me. Shame, especially since I've picked up all these tattoo designs... 😕

• LoezRnd
    7 posts

@BaconMacGowan

• Create a manual save
    • Shutdown the game and relaunch it (Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the manual save created above and check that a cloud save has been created
    • Close the game again, then load up the cloud version of the manual save that was made previously.

• samjp910
    3 posts

Ok, so I reported this problem early, and I just finished the game in spite of not being able to speak to Tove, same as everyone above. But now I can?! I don’t know how or why (hidden update? Is that a thing?!) but I can and I have lots to explore after completing all game content.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@drainceo they eventually patched the main issue but the issue with tove idk. Tbh I have lost interest in ubisoft games, I can't bring myself to play valhalla knowing I missed so much for no reason other than bad QA testing of the game, I bought the game on release and all I got was excuses for between 1-2 months, all while events and other stuff was being prioritised.

I and many others paid full price for a game we could have purchased on sale for less because let's be honest none of us could play it until after the game was on sale 2 months after release and what do we get as compensation for the wasted time, money and especially the effort we all put in doing their QA Testers jobs?

Nothing

Yes nothing, the whole matter is just getting shoved under the carpet to be forgotten because that is just how ubisoft do things.... I mean damn, even Bethesda gave something for the shocking release of 76... Not that it was anything good but its still more respectable than anything ubisoft is doing.

Guess it really is turning into one of those companies that are just a stain on video games, way past its prime.

• WitBeyondMeasur
    2 posts

I still can't interact with ANY of my settlement NPCs. Not a one. I also can't interact with my Alliance Map, ring the feast bell, or sleep in my bed. The game is literally unplayable at this point, and has been for months. I thought this was supposed to be resolved with the latest patch? Did I miss something, like is there something I am supposed to do? I'm beyond frustrated and just want my money back if the game is broken this badly.

• AgentLuce
    1 posts

@loezrnd this worked for me. Thanks!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the delayed update. Thank you all for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of this issue following TU 1.1.1. This issue had been marked as resolved, but following player reports after the most recent update, the development team has reopened the investigation. We apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused by this.

At this moment in time, we have no further information to share regarding the investigation, which also includes a definite ETA for a resolution. Once we have any updates to share, these will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out.

A couple of you have mentioned wanting to request refunds within the thread. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to open a support ticket and submit a refund request. I would recommend that you check out our digital and physical refund policies before doing this, as we are unable to guarantee you will be granted a refund if you don't meet the eligible criteria.

If you are only unable to interact with Tove, a hot-fix was recently deployed to help resolve the issue. You can check this out here.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • WitBeyondMeasur
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I just want to be able to play the game 😞 Thank you for keeping it under investigation; I'm excited for a resolution soon (hopefully). It's been a long 4 months of not being able to progress at all.

• Space063
    2 posts

Hello everybody! So in my game I had arrived to Mercia and immediately started unlocking the map - all wealth all mysteries all artifacts etc. I still had the mission to speak to Sigurd once you arrive to your settlement. After 60 hours the game glitched after interacting with the smith at your settlement. 40 hours of grinding later, I finished the map - besides story locked loot. I then spoke with Sigurd and boom resolved. I have no clue as to what had happened, just talked with Sigurd, learned I had a room and just back to normal. Then I couldn’t talk to randvi but that fixed after I tried the wise friend quest and valka actually walked up the hill! Hope this helps anyone!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you with an update. This issue has been marked as resolved in TU 1.1.2, which is due to be deployed today (16 February, 2021, at 1PM CET 😄

Thank you all for your continued patience as the team has looked into this further. If you are still encountering problems when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread with images/videos. We can then pass this along to the development team for another look.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • JEDIKNIGHT_234
    4 posts

Hi, just tried the new river raids and I have to say its alot of fun however, I lurched l noticed upon returning to the settlement that I no longer can interact with most NPCs.

• JEDIKNIGHT_234
    4 posts

Hi, I noticed after playing the river raids and returning to the settlement that I'm unable to interact with most NPCs. If this issue could be resolved that would be great. Thank you.

• Warpsmith921
    3 posts

Since yesterday, I'm having a slight issue when returning home from a Raid. After the loading screen (boat in the animus), it seem to go straight into the cut scene for the mission - the baker's plaint. But when leave there (chose not to select that mission). I am unable to speak with anyone else in the settlement other than Petra in the hunting house & to hire other vikings.
    Only way I've been able to sort it (I think) but save my game & then restarting the game.

This is on the play station 4.

Thanks

• NChamp2014
    13 posts

My game updated last night to 2.2 and now when I start a mission I have a black screen for about 5 to 10 seconds before I can do anything again. First time playing the game in quite some time.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics