DoomCakes1198 25 posts
@ibivan It's obvious to me that they released this game in a rush for xmas and then put it on a back burner so that they could release far cry 6 for vday. let's be real, it's more important for them to release these games that it is for these games to play well. Ubisoft tech support has made it very obvious that this is not a priority. Especially since all anyone can give us is "the patch is coming" with no idea as to when. This title hit record-breaking numbers. Why should they give a [censored] to fix it. They already have our money. And the Microsoft store refuses to deliver any refunds on a game played for more than 40 hours. meaning that when I first reached out to Ubisoft and they said "keep playing" they knew what they were doing. And by instructing everyone to continue building their settlement, they got us all over that 40-hour mark. So they get to keep their money. Why should they care about the game anymore. It's absolutely abhorrent. I will never buy another Ubisoft game. And that's really sad because Assassin's Creed has been one of my favorites for years.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 2812 posts
I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.
If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
- You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
- The issue still occuring in-game.
@ibivan I have been following this thread and providing responses in it since its creation (as I forked it from a different thread myself) so I can fully appreciate it has been a long-standing issue. Finding a fix took time due to the complexity of the issue and it is due to be fixed as soon as possible by the developers. I can only apologise for the delay and ask for your patience and understanding.
@DoomCakes1198 Valhalla is very much a priority for its dedicated team and they are working hard to continue to bring updates with bug fixes and new content alike. I'll be updating this thread with information about the patch as soon as it becomes available to us; in the meantime, thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
TheKingSPEX 1 posts
I just got the game on Jan 10 2021 I assumed that stuff like this wouldn't happen cause I got it late does anyone know if there is a patch coming soon to fix settlement
blackbubblez13 1 posts
I'm having the same problem. I can't trade in fish, turn in hunting trophies, change my ship, change my crew, change my horse or raven, (though if I go to another town that's not ravensthorpe I can use their Staples just fine) I used to Not be able to use the tattoo shop but after a quest I could again (the one that changes the owner, I don't want to say more and ruin it for anyone). Every time there's an update I always hope this problem is fixed in it but it hasn't been yet and honestly it's the only thing ruining the game for me. I thought I was the only one for a while and that I'd have to start over with many hours already in the game, but I finally found this thread and I hope this problem is fixed soon. Also think my fox pet quest got glitched too, never saw her again.
oANTIXo 1 posts
It’s now January 13th. This issue with NPC’s is beyond frustrating. I have 179 in game hours and I cannot turn in the legendary animals or complete the fishing quests. I started playing the game on PS4 and transferred to ps5. Have sent support multiple videos and the issue continues to be there. I have way to many hours to start a new game only to have this same issue with the NPC’s not working. No stable, hunter, fisher boy, baracks, ship customization, and a few others. Come on Ubisoft. Stop adding content and fix the existing game. I’m beyond annoyed. I have paid for content I’m unable to use. My game experience has been completely ruined by this bug.
claud1o- 50 posts
November 13 to January 13 - still nothing.
All this is so sad.
Shame on you.
DeadEnder2020 3 posts
In my game all the shops I've built after my game glitched and I lost some progress haven't been working. Specifically the stabkes, tattoo shop, and shipyard. I know that svend dies but that hasn't happened in my game yet.
All of my shops that I have built since my internet was bad and didn't save my progress losing a bunch of progress. Don't work. They include the tattoo shop,shipbuilder thing, and the stable. Alps the tattoo guy hasn't disappeared yet so it's not that.
FireIce38 27 posts
Good news! It'll be fixed tomorrow!
Quests, World Events, Side Activities
- Addressed an issue in Legend of Beowulf where the clue marker would remain after it was investigated.
- Addressed an issue in A Sticky Situation where the NPC would sometimes not spawn.
- Addressed an issue where the player could get stuck fishing in The Baker’s Plaint.
- Addressed an issue in Fishing Lesson that under certain circumstances prevented players from completing the world event.
- Addressed an issue where players are stuck after pledging to Lincolnscire after returning from Vinland.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in a boss fight during A Cruel Destiny. *Ah yes, A Cruel Destiny, indeed.*
- Addressed an issue where some treasures wouldn't be at their location or couldn't be looted. (Grandbridgescire, Hamptunscire, Oxenefordscire, Eurvicscire)
- Addressed an issue where players could receive an Online Service Error when trying to save.
- Addressed an issue where players got blackscreen after building the blacksmith.
- Addressed an issue where players didn't receive Storming the Walls after completing Severing the Lines.
- Addressed an issue in To Serve the Light where Hytham would get stuck on the boat when randomly shooting arrows into the water.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Settlement NPCs.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from completing Clues and Riddles.
- Addressed an issue in the Absence of an Ealdorman that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue where the quest objective marker was pointing to a wrong destination in The Devil Has All the Best Tunes.
- Addressed an issue in War Weary that prevented players from completing the quest when Ceolbert was accidentally killed.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from starting the Daughters of Lerion encounter. (Goneril, Cordelia)
- Addressed an issue in Binding Fate that caused the boss to be stuck on a rock.
- Addressed an issue where Estrid could get stuck in Taken.
- Addressed an issue in Pluck the Quill where players would sometimes be unable to interact with Aelwyn.
- Addressed an issue in Binding Fate that caused the boss to be stuck underground when using Dive of Valkyrie.
- Addressed an issue in Price of Wisdom that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue in The Boar with the Golden Nose where the boar would sometimes disappear under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue in Bleeding the Leech where Erke would be at the wrong location.
- Addressed an issue in Of Blood and Bonds where the players couldn't complete the quest or couldn't report back to Randvi.
- Addressed an issue in The Prodigal Prince that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from completing the Old Cellar mystery.
- Addressed an issue in A Rivalry for the Ages that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue where the Mari Lwyd disguise would not disappear after finishing the Glowecestrescire Arc. *everyone liked that dot jpg*
- Addressed an issue in Road to Harmatia that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue where Knud could become stuck in A Little Problem.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Ubba in Sons of Ragnar.
- Addressed an issue where Basim was in a fight with NPCs before the start of Puppets and Prisoners.
- Addressed an issue in Brewing Rebellion that prevented players from force-opening the door to the longhouse in Buckingham.
- Addressed an issue in Bridges of Oppression that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue in King Killer that prevented Ivarr to reach the door to Rhodri’s Room
- Addressed an issue in A Fiend out of Hell that prevented players from examining one of the cows.
FireIce38 27 posts
This post is deleted!
As FireIce38 already spotted, we announced last night that TU 1.1.1 will be dropping today on January 14th, and I am very pleased to say that in this update, the fix for this issue with interacting with settlement NPCs in Ravensthorpe is being implemented.
Once the patch has been deployed, and you have fully updated your game to the latest version, you should find upon loading your save that you can now interact with all impacted NPCs again, including (but not limited to) the shipmaster, quartermaster, cartographer, blacksmith and tattoo artist.
I would like to thank all of you for submitting your reports of this issue to us, for answering my questions, and for keeping me updated with any changes in circumstances while this issue was ongoing. I sincerely hope that the patch today will see this issue fully resolved for all of you, but should there be any persistent issues with any particular NPCs, please let me know here in this thread and I will get these issues investigated as soon as possible by the developers.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch, and I will answer as soon as I can. Thank you.
Original poster smithy10GB 70 posts
@ubi-woofer will we actually get Anything for waiting months for this? I mean it's kind of shocking waiting 2 months, missing events and other content just for this to be brushed under the carpet like it never happened.
Especially since the game has even been on sale since then, so we bought a game that we couldn't play for full price, waited 2 months, over a sale and an event. It just seems like either way we got screwed and it's just getting shrugged off.
@smithy10gb I had seen a few mentions of / requests for compensation on these forums while working on here over the past few weeks, and these were already raised to the developers in the respective reports per issue. Should any plans for compensation be revealed, I'll let everyone know.
@trisNL_ Thanks for reporting that you're still unable to interact with Hytham. Could you provide a short video demonstrating that you cannot speak to him, and also that you have no further pledges to complete on the Alliance Map? Had you recently handed some Order medallions to Hytham before this issue started?
Original poster smithy10GB 70 posts
@ubi-woofer it would be nice considering we had to wait 2 months to play a game which we purchased on launch, I'm not even asking for real money, just something in game since we missed so much, its like I said, we are 2 months behind everyone, we have missed an event and have to wait a year for the next of its type.
Thank you for understanding.
jclark1374 1 posts
I can no longer speak to Wallace to trade fish. I’ve already traded a bunch of fish but since the start of Lunden mission he won’t talk to me. Anyone else have this issue? I assume it’s a bug.
trisNL_ 7 posts
@ubi-woofer after I did the 'to serve the light quest' i didn't speak to him for a while because i thought he had no quests but the bug was already there then. I cant trade anything in and i think this has been going on since the first quest with him in november. Thought i could complete the game till it got fixed but after the essex arc i couldn't see anymore arcs. heres a clip of it