Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • dsnack33
    1 posts

I am unable to talk to Randvi to finish the Reporting on Lunden quest. I cannot talk to any npcs now. This is a game breaking bug since I cannot proceed any further with the story. I have gone to Norway and have played dice with several people and nothing works. How do I fix this or how do I get my money back for this pos game?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ryanp82
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Your warnings honestly mean nothing just like your responses in here. Fix your [censored]

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you all for continuing to share your experiences and feedback within this thread. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the development team is planning to fix this issue in a future update. We are unable to provide a definite date for when this update will be released. Once we have a confirmed update, we will let you all know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for this.

@Colezinho10 - Thank you letting us know more about how you're unable to interact with NPCs, and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused, and I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the support you have received. We will ask players certain questions on the development team's behalf, as this information is helpful to the investigation and to get a better understanding of how the issue is affecting players in-game.

Please note that the player support team are also unable to share unconfirmed details from the investigations, such as details regarding fixes or providing ETAs when there are none available. As soon as this information is made available to is, we will let you all know as soon as we can. We hope to have an update for you all soon.

@eeliich - Thanks for sharing your report about being unable to interact with settlement NPCs following a river raid. I've encountered this issue myself, and found that restarting the game would revert everything back to normal. I understand that this isn't a convenient workaround, though. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to the development team, and they are investigating this behaviour further.

@ryanp82 - Please refrain from bypassing the word filter, as this goes against our forum rules. If you continue to do this in the future, your posts will be edited or deleted, and you may incur sanctions.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

OK @Ubi-Borealis
    Another post to say nothing...
    You are just thieves at ubisoft everyone in this post has seen this.
    Hope that people reading this will learn and never buy an Ubisoft game ever.
    Last time for me, not gonna pay for games that you can not finish.

• guest-lZQu273V
    1 posts

Hi,

I am also experiencing this same issue; I can not interact with anybody in the settlement (despite recruiting a Jomsviking and playing Orlog). So this prevents me from starting any new quests or continuing river raids (I have done A River to Raid and The Legend of Saint George). The last quest I have been able to complete is Reporting on Grantebridgescire. My settlement is on level 4.

Is there something I could do to be able to proceed or is just to wait for a fix? I have tried reloading previous saves.

• PiRi.
    3 posts

I can't progress the story because after talking to Randvi on "reporting on grantebridgescire" the game doesent start the supposed cutscene. After the report i can just run around the settlement but i can't talko to anyone(blacksmith, shopkeeper, Randvi so i can't open the alliances map...)

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks! Mirroring what my colleague Ubi-Borealis posted above, the issue with not being able to interact with settlement NPCs should be fixed in a future patch. I understand this has been an on-going issue, but I hope this news is welcomed. I also want to take this time to thank you all for adding to this thread and for ultimately helping our teams find this solution. Please stay tuned for further details about the patch release date on our News and Announcements forum.

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

@UbiExcellent
    Yeah since the launch the bug is going to be fixed in a future update.
    You are a liar and you know that the bug will not be fixed now that your poor and ridiculous buggy game is free on all over the internet.

• crippledeaglebe
    5 posts

Having same issue all the sudden. As soon as I finished the raid quest where you go on the more advanced raids I did one more regular raid once back at settlement and then built the hoarse stables. After that I cant talk to stable man or any other camp npc to upgrade or get anything. This REALLY sucks!

• UbiExcellent

@crippledeaglebe Hey there, and thank you for adding your experience with this bug on this thread. I completely understand the difficulties and aggravation caused by this issue, and deeply apologize for this. However, the teams are hoping to implement a fix for this issue in a future patch, so please stay tuned!

Official Response
  • Chuggles5545
    1 posts

This has been happening to me on PS5 for a couple of weeks. Finished Grantebridgescire no problems, finished Ledcesterscire, told Randvi while Ceolbert was there, after the cutscene unable to interact with NPCs - no main story mission in my menu. Ttried older saves and this behaviour is consistent - tried on my PS4 with a cloud save, same result.

• ryanp82
    7 posts

Bringing up the subject of a lawsuit actually makes them change their attitude really quick. Got a refund among other things.

• guest-tBUzboiN
    1 posts

Is there an update here? I'm having the same issue that I can't speak to NPCs in town (including turning in finished quests) which is kind of breaking the game completely. Playing on Xbox series-x but reading posts here and on Reddit it seems to be a generic issue across platforms.

• MrWhiskers573
    5 posts

@guest-tbuzboin

I’ve been 2 months waiting for a fix, they keep saying it will be fixed in a future update, but they can’t even say when. It has broken the game experience completely because I disconected completely from the game and when it gets fixed I won’t even remember how to play. Aparently there are other things that have more priority than fixing a game that doesn’t work, like for example making a festival in the settlement.

• UbiExcellent

Hello everyone. I wanted to take this time to thank everyone for their continued patience with us. The patch that will include the fix for this issue with players not being able to interact with settlement NPCs hasn't been dated yet, but please rest assured we will post the patch date here once we have this information.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

I can confirmed that the bug is fixed for me.
    When i have started the game from my buggy save, a cinematic with Eivor and Dag has started , after that all the settlement is unlocked, i can now talk to npcs and randvi to continue quests.
    Though I will not play the game anymore because i do not want to go in this kind of situation again and i do not have confidence in Ubisoft products anymore.

• alexdon1993
    13 posts

Dear all,

I can confirm the bug with a prodigal prince is fixed on PS5, the save games were erased and the cinematic went on with Sigurd and Eivor.

Thank you.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Wood138 & @alexdon1993!

Thank you for letting us know that this issue has been resolved for you, and that you've been able to proceed further in your Viking quests.

@Wood138 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to proceed further in the story. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, and don't want to continue playing. I've passed your feedback on to the dedicated team. If you do return to the game, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics