Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

@smithy10gb I had seen a few mentions of / requests for compensation on these forums while working on here over the past few weeks, and these were already raised to the developers in the respective reports per issue. Should any plans for compensation be revealed, I'll let everyone know.

@trisNL_ Thanks for reporting that you're still unable to interact with Hytham. Could you provide a short video demonstrating that you cannot speak to him, and also that you have no further pledges to complete on the Alliance Map? Had you recently handed some Order medallions to Hytham before this issue started?

Official Response
  • smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer it would be nice considering we had to wait 2 months to play a game which we purchased on launch, I'm not even asking for real money, just something in game since we missed so much, its like I said, we are 2 months behind everyone, we have missed an event and have to wait a year for the next of its type.

Thank you for understanding.

• jclark1374
    1 posts

I can no longer speak to Wallace to trade fish. I’ve already traded a bunch of fish but since the start of Lunden mission he won’t talk to me. Anyone else have this issue? I assume it’s a bug.

• trisNL_
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer after I did the 'to serve the light quest' i didn't speak to him for a while because i thought he had no quests but the bug was already there then. I cant trade anything in and i think this has been going on since the first quest with him in november. Thought i could complete the game till it got fixed but after the essex arc i couldn't see anymore arcs. heres a clip of it

• NChamp2014
    13 posts

@smithy10gb @ubi-woofer

maybe Ubisoft should let those of us who actually ply the games get to be the testers for the game instead of someone who works with the game so we can help them work out all of the bugs and what not before it launches so that way we don’t have all these issues and nothing ever gets fixed for 2 + months after launch.

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts

@nchamp2014 since we already paid to beta test this one. We've already proved we're good at it. Especially those of us who continue to be a hundred plus hours with a giant bug that prevented huge portions of gameplay

• NChamp2014
    13 posts

@doomcakes1198 so maybe Ubisoft should refund all of us who have reported issues to help them fix the game and then start paying us for that help since we all know that this is worst assassin’s creed game they have put out especially in the first 2 + months after release. What do you say @ubi-woofer

• Nikopol1966
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Sorry to contradict you but the issue was not solved at all. None of the settlement NPC's is working, the only interaction with them is asking what they are doing there and leave. This happens on Xbox on hour ago.

• shane_moore
    1 posts

after the patch I still couldn't talk to settlement NPCs but after doing "A Wise Friend" quest I can now interact with the NPCs

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

so let me guess this straight.
    Two months on we finally get a fix, after missing out on ingame content and events in the process, and it doesnt even actually fully fix things?

dear oh dear Ubisoft.
    The last 12 months for gaming has been an absolute disaster.

• Hadley66
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer:
    my PS4 game remains unchanged — and largely unplayable — post-update.
    I cannot interact with any settlement NPCs; they simply stand or sit there vacuously.
    please advise ASAP, as the patch seems to have done nothing to rectify the situation.

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

We are at a stage now where we should all just be demanding refunds. The fact this update didnt really help do anything but break it more in other ways, i dont intend to play this game again.

I just want my money back from this mess.
    @Ubi-Woofer can we get refunds sorted please?

enoughs enough

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts

@lewisstorer89 Go ahead and try to demand a refund and see what they say. Unless you bought the game directly from Ubisoft's website they are instructing you to deal with whatever vendor you originally spoke with. Every single online vendor of games will not give you a refund on a game that you've played for more than 40 hours. I've spent days on the phone with Microsoft, they don't care, 40 hours is the number where you no longer get a refund even if there is a game breaking bug that that makes it so you can't finish the game. And to be perfectly honest that seems legit to me, If I've played a game for 40 plus hours I've gotten my money out of it, from their perspective. The issue is that when we all first reached out to Ubisoft about this problem Ubisoft told us to "keep building your settlement". Which pushed us all outside of 40 hours. And from other people that I've talked to, 40 hours is a high number, some companies won't let you refund a game after 20 hours. so depending on whether or not you bought the game through your app store or somewhere else matters. If you have a hard copy of the game you can go trade it in at GameStop or whatever I guess. But then all of your DLC or your season pass if you bought one are not transferable. This entire game is a big [censored] the [censored] of anybody who's having problems. And the worst part of it is that origins Odyssey and Valhalla could have been the best series of the century. If they hadn't been in so much of a rush to move on to the next game. They could build one game, with endless evolutionary ability, like elder scrolls online but with Leila at the helm. Instead we get lazy writing, and even lazier programming. this will be the last of the soft game that I purchased. And I'm not looking for a refund at this point, because there's no way for them to refund me everything that I put out, there's no way for them to refund me how excited I was about this game for the first 10 hours I played it and how annoyed I was for the the next hundred. They made their choice to give the finger to loy al players. This could have been an opportunity for them to gain an open source market for beta testers. But while I love the premise of these games, and I love the direction they're headed in but lazy staff, that does not seem to care whether or not the game functions after they have your money, and poor customer service have led me to no longer care about anything Ubisoft puts out. This title broke sales records, The least they could do is throw an extra couple of bodies at the problem. But It's obvious to me that everyone is focused on the next game. because it's more about cranking them out than about putting out something that's lasting and good. It's the same thing about movies. So sad that Ubisoft had to sell out in such a horrible way. It would be pretty ironic if after one of the biggest title releases in the century fails Ubisoft flounders and goes under. Sending a message to the rest of the industry.

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@doomcakes1198 Thats irrelevant in this instance given this bug only shows itself after literal hours and hours into the game.
    Its not like within the first 10 mins of gameplay you have settlement and this issue.

Certain circumstances need to be factored in here. it took me about 25 hours of gaming until I got this bug. i gamed for about 24 more after the bug, then stopped indefinitely (which was 3/4 of the way through Nov) and I havent played it since.

If we cant get refunds for this, im never buying a Ubisoft game ever again - and Ive bought every single AC game except Syndicate

• ShadowReaperVwV
    1 posts

They just released the patch 1.1.1 “Addressed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Settlement NPCs” this was supposed to fix this issue but I still can not interact with any of the settlement NPC’s. No icons over their heads and they they are stuck in the same place when ever I log in. Was anyone else’s fixed. This really sucks and basically can not compete the game. Over 200 hours in and really don’t want to start over. I was almost at the end too. This really sucks. I submitted a ticket and they just say to keep checking the forums for a fix. Really not very helpful since the forums say it was fixed in the patch.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@nchamp2014 nah its way too logical, letting the community beta test a game.

Let me make it clear ubisoft, people will understand game breaking bugs if the game is in BETA, hense the need for proper beta testing. Bugs like these on full release are downright appalling considering the price of the game.

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@smithy10gb

Perfectly summed up. Ive just been wanting my £60 back now for weeks. Why isnt that an option for us given this is totally game breaking. Cyberpunk dropped with lesser issues than this (on my PS4 version) and refunds were made available to us with that.

my Valhalla is infintely worse than anything Ive had in Cyberpunk to date yet any mention of Refunds is met with tumbleweed?

• jws1878-1953
    7 posts

I can´t interact with the seer. After i constructed the hut the cut-scence didn´t start and i can´t start th valhalla quest.

• trisNL_
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer I also want to add to my vid that the starter quest "to serve the light" does not appear in completed quests although i have done it.

• CellarD00r666
    5 posts

@shadowreapervwv have you tried upgrading something in the settlement to see if it somehow kicks all the NPCs back to working properly? Have you tried traveling to and from Norway just for poops and giggles? Have you tried chucking your controller in a fit of rage?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics