Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Wood138
    11 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiExcellent

This issue is from 16 november.
    Are you thinking that we cannot read ?
    Just share instructions to be refunded.
    We all know that you're not going to do anything.

• Primarchs
    1 posts

Can't talk to the lady at the barracks. Just build it and choose a jomsviking, after that the option to talk disappeared.
    Settlement is really low as I'm new to the game. Build the barracks third. First did the blacksmith and then the order building.
    Playing on ps5 by the way.
    Reading for how long this bug has been around and also that more and more npcs will fall off is really discouraging me to play further...

• ryanp82
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis I've tried reloading an earlier save and nothing seems to fix it. I don't have a video to provide for the issue. As soon as I turn it in to her, every NPC including her loses their dialogue/interact box above their head. It's only happening when I turn in the final quest for Grantebridgescire. As of right now, that's the last one I can choose from the alliance map so it's completely halting the game progression.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

@alexhoe - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience within the thread. The development team had hoped to resolve this issue in TU 1.1.2, and we apologise for any disappointment caused by the issue persisting following this update. Please be assured that investigation into this has been reopened following reports that settlement NPCs still cannot be interacted with. Would you be able to let us know if this issue began after completing the Grantebridgescire arc, or did another action seem to trigger this? We can then pass this information along to the development team as part of the investigation.

@Wood138 - If you originally purchased the game via the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request, and a member of the store team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to. We would recommend taking the time to read the digital and physical refund policies prior to doing this, as we are unable to guarantee a refund will be granted if you do not meet the eligible criteria. If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to contact them with your refund request.

@Primarchs - Thanks for letting us know which NPCs you're unable to interact with, and what actions you did prior to being unable to interact with the NPC. Would you be able to send us a video of this so we can pass it along to the development team?

@ryanp82 - Thank you for trying to reload an older save for me. I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. I'll add this information to your report. It doesn't look like your PSN account is linked to your Ubisoft account. Would you be able to share your PSN username with us so we can include this too, as this is the platform you use?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • ryanp82
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis PSN username is MewtwoPB.

I've tried various alliance map quests in different order and it always appears to be tied exclusively to the completion of Grantebridgescire no matter when I complete this. The PSN trophy for Eivor's Saga is showing 40% and the next step for completion states I need to do Rygjafylke for the next step. Since I can't interact with anyone in my settlement including Randvi, I can't advance to that.

I've paid full price for 40% of a game. You can keep apologizing all you want, but it doesn't change that people wasted their money on a game that's unfinished, untested and bugged.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know your PSN username, @ryanp82. I've included this in the report to the development team. I've also let them know that this event seems to be linked to the completion of Grantebridgescire, no matter when this action is completed in-game.

I do apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by this experience. I understand that this issue is preventing you from proceeding further in the game, and we have alerted the development team about this. The are actively investigating this further. Once we have any more news to share from the investigation, we will post within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

What can i say to the key retailer ?
    Ubisoft has not finished the game, you have to refund me because they sell you a faulty product ?

• Ubi-Borealis

@Wood138 - If you did not originally purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store website, we would be unable to proceed with a refund request for you. You can read the full details here regarding the digital and physical refund policies. You will need to request the refund from your original retailer.

As different retailers have different refund policies, we are unable to comment on these. I would recommend reaching out to them for more help if you wish to seek a refund.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

I have activated my key on Uplay right, you can give my key back so i can screwed someone like Ubisoft screwed me please ?
    By the way, 3 days to respond, you seem very concerned by our problem lol.
    This entire company is a joke like your answers @Ubi-Borealis , keep up the [censored] work and steal your customers.
    I m gonna post this story on tweeter and write a nice letter at UFC que choisir, here in France to inform them about your policies.

• Wood138
    11 posts

For Information Update 1.2 of 03/16 do not fix anything on this issue.

• MrWhiskers573
    5 posts

This is ridiculous. I was hoping that with TU 1.2.0 it would be fixed, but it is still not working for me. It is so difficult to fix? Or there is not interest at all?

• Wood138
    11 posts

@MrWhiskers573
    They do not care at all.
    This issue is created since day one and it is not fixed.
    The only way is class action.
    Several thousands of players are touched here in EU.
    There's no class action here but people think to get revenge one way or another.
    This situation is totally unacceptable.
    @Ubi-Borealis We are waiting for your explanation
    You report the bug right?
    So what's going on ?

• ryanp82
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ryanp82
    7 posts

Today's patch had a bunch of changes and bug fixes but of course none of those were to fix the bug where the entire settlement is unresponsive. What a [censored] company.

• SovngardeHero
    9 posts

Im 115 hours in on ps4, completed everything, platinumed the game, and i just got this bug. Fortunately, and unfortunately, i am done with the game.

Im just hoping this bug wont prevent me from playing Wrath of the Druids, as i am really excited to go to ancient Ireland

• SovngardeHero
    9 posts

Edit: I did a river raid which blocked me from speaking to npcs. I tried fast travelling away and back, as well as restarting game. Nothing worked so I saved and quit the game (this was before i knew about the bug).

Loaded up the game to do Ostara stuff, hoping it was early enough before i did the raid that bugged my game.

Idk what happened but now I am able to speak to the shop owner npcs and Reda again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I would like to reach out to you all with an update from the development team. They are planning to fix the issue wherein players are unable to interact with settlement NPCs in a future update! We currently are unable to provide a definite ETA for this update. Rest assured that once we have more confirmed information, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@Wood138 - The player support team tries their best to address any questions or concerns that have been made, and we aim to respond to players as soon as we are able to. I apologise if this takes longer than anticipated. If you'd prefer to have a live chat, you're welcome to reach out to our support team here.

@MrWhiskers573 - As mentioned above, the development team intend to fix this issue in a future update. Once we know more about this update, we will let you know within the forums.

@ryanp82 - I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused during this investigation. I ask you to refrain from bypassing the language filters in future, as this goes against our forum rules. Please consider this as a warning.

@SovngardeHero - Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I actually encountered a similar issue, where upon returning from a river raid I was unable to interact with any of the settlement NPCs. I created a new save, reloaded it and I found I was able to interact with the NPCs again. I wonder if the same happened for you 🤔 I've notified the development team about this behaviour in the meantime. I'm glad to hear that you're able to interact with them again after reloading the game for the Ostara event!

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • Colezinho10
    1 posts

I am experiencing this same issue with being unable to interact with NPC and continue the main thread of missions, which is annoying having read through the forum and that Ubisoft have been aware of this basically since launch and not fixed. Having thought this issue would have been a top priority to fix in any update from the get-go you have released further updates and not corrected and now an update with a festival. You then pat yourself on the back for doing that despite the fact that any player with this long reported NPC issue still won't be able to play this addition.

I have seen time and again the support team fob off paying customers with the same questions and a basically absolve Ubisoft of any responsible for this fundamental flaw in the game at it's most basic level. Ubisoft is responsible for the quality of the game regardless of whether it is purchased digitally or physically, and to suggest otherwise is quite frankly offensive. So people ARE going to request and expect Ubisoft to re-imburse their outlay because you have failed to produce a game fit for purpose. This attitude is going to turn many players away from buying any of your games in the future.

For the record, I am playing on PS4 my issue began after finishing the the first 2 story arcs Lecestershire & Grantsebridgeshire (in that order) and I upgraded the village and began the mission 'In Dreams' where I collected Thistles for Valka. Whether this has any relevance at all I doubt but in my inventory I now have 2 sections under the quest items both titled 'Thistles' one has no picture and states 1 collected and the other has a picture and the 10 I have collected so far. From that point on I could not interact with Valka, I then did the first River Raid and realised that the issue had spread to every NPC in Ravensthorpe and beyond.

I have seen the post that states you are working on a fix in a future update but cannot give a date - it's nearly 6 months after launch and the first post notifying of this issue!! It's incredible that Ubisoft takes such a blasé approach to something that is clearly affecting a wide range of players. You have shown little respect to the people who play your games, it appears as long as you have taken their money then it's job done. I've loved playing Assassin's Creed & Ghost Recon but your last 2 launches have been riddled with issues so I am seriously considering whether I bother with any future games under Ubisoft.

• eeliich
    2 posts

After the latest update, when playing river raids and returning to the settlement I can't talk to anyone in the buildings and also all of the quests disappear. I thought it was just a one time thing because after restarting the game everything went back to normal but then I played the river raids and it happened again.

• fakie77
    2 posts

Hello,

I have the same issue when i return Ledecestrescire quest to Randvi, unable to interact with settlement NPC... I reload old backup, i do others quests and when i return Ledecestrescire quest, same bug.. don't know what to do, can't consult conquest table so i can't progress in game...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics