Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ccryosis
    2 posts

Can't progress at all because of this glitch/bug. I need to talk to Randvi and Hytham to progress but because of this bug it's impossible. If it matters settlement level 5 and currently trying to complete the hamtunscire arc.

• FireIce38
    33 posts

Hmm....well patch 1.1.0 is out tomorrow.

Unfortunately this issue doesn't appear to be in the list of fixes.

• heartpunches
    13 posts

@Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-Borealis will this be addressed in the 12/15 title update? i see "addressed various npc behavior/animation issues" in the patch notes, but i'm not sure if that fixes the settlement glitch. if at all possible, could you please respond with a yes or no before the update drops?

thanks!

• kodare97
    10 posts

It doesn't look like this issue is addressed in the next title update. As much as I understand that it can be difficult to find a solution for this bug, I have had no access to the majority of my settlement NPCs for around a month now and it has ruined what otherwise is a really good game. I am doubtful this issue will ever be addressed, especially since we've been waiting for this bug to be addressed for two updates now. Any update on the issue from the ubisoft team would be really appreciated, as I am starting to lose hope.

• Ipiidinthepool
    1 posts

I'm 45 hours in and I cannot talk to rada, cannot start the quest chipping away, the pilgrimage to st albaines, or viking for hire, it sucks to be this far in and lose hope in the game.

• AciDropper
    2 posts

@archangel62513 93hrs in and same boat here since the beginning of the game...

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

Imo it's straight up theft at this point, 1month in and still no update to fix the issue....

Not to mention we are being refused refunds because all ubisoft and Microsoft are doing is pointing fingers at each other instead of refunding a faulty product.

I can't get a refund via Microsoft because it has been over 2 weeks (Thanks for that ubisoft!!)

I can't get a refund from ubisoft because they just point at Microsoft.

How about this ubisoft, since you guys can ACTUALLY TALK TO MICROSOFT AND NOT BOTS, HOW ABOUT YOU TELL THEM ABOUT THIS ISSUE SO WE CAN GET OUR MONEY BACK FFS.

Honestly at this point I just want my money back, if the game gets fixed in a week, I'll buy it again. But more then likely its going to take months otherwise it would be in the notes for this update.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@fireice38 do you see why I'm getting annoyed now?

Ubisoft keep saying rubbish like the update will be in a future update or we are aware of this issue, but still nothing is getting done about it.

Because its taking so long can't even get a refund despite the game being faulty as fk.

Funny thing is, I can get a refund, if I want, for cyberpunk.
    Because CD project Red are not ignorant and understand the issue. But I won't, because I can still play their game.

Ubisoft on the other hand doesn't give a rats [censored] if the customer gets their money back for their faulty product and just keeps giving their customers false hope and [censored] promises, every time a refund is mentioned they just swirve and dismiss it instead of sorting the problem.

CD project Red are already issuing refunds due to the buggy nature of cyberpunk, there is no reason why ubisoft can't to the same, it's straight up [censored] theft at this point.

• tperfecto12
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer I just submitted a case around this issue. It is very disappointing that it is still continuing after the most recent patch. Case number 13591430

@heartpunches it was not

• tperfecto12
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • PapaBellerose
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I am honestly really disappointed that you told us the problem will be solved in the next update. You did not even care not let us know that the problem will not be solve and keep us updated. For you, and Ubisoft, it is a big lack of professionalism.

• FireIce38
    33 posts

@papabellerose They never said it would be solved in the next update. They said it would be solved in a "future" update.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@fireice38 oh OK, so that makes everything cool then, thanks 👍

• FireIce38
    33 posts

@y2john84 You're welcome!

• WildEagle64
    1 posts

I loaded up the new patch and still have no access to the shipyard and barracks and stables I'm probably 100 hours in and would love to actually be able to use them any chance your gonna fix this ubi?

• sgonabe
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Enough is enough. This problem was reported over a month ago, and after two major updates it has been neglected twice. This is akin to buying a car and finding out the stereo stops working after mile 50. It isn't vital to starting the car, but it sure makes driving a lot more fun and manageable. Plus, I paid for the stereo too. Thankfully, no major plot bugs have cropped up, but at Power 135 I am not going to play the game again, knowing they are out there and that many Settlement features have been disabled for five weeks with no date or clear plan to fix them.

This is the last title I will buy from UbiSoft. I have never purchased a new game with so many bugs, crashes, and other problems. I stayed away for this reason, having had a similar experience with Unity. The Settlement bug was the last straw. I feel completely duped. I feel like I bought the snake oil. This is thievery. Never again, UbiSoft.

• A Former User
    0 posts

It is now Patch 1.1.0, and I am playing on the PS4. I still cannot interact with the Shipyard, Cartographer, Stables, and Barracks. This issue only remains in my main game with 216 hours. Both my second and third game do not have this issue... yet.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the continued reports of this issue with speaking to the settlement NPCs. I apologise for any disappointment caused by the fact that today's title update 1.1.0 did not include the fix for all NPCs affected by this issue - the developers are working hard to get the wider fix rolled out as quickly as possible, and as soon as I have further news on this, as ever, I will be sure to let you know.

In terms of the issue with being unable to speak to Reda, this was fixed as part of this update however, so if you were unable to speak to him, you should be able to now. I tested this myself and was finally able to hand in "Viking For Hire", so I'm hoping that anyone else affected will similarly be able to do so and access his shop again now! Please let me know if this is not the case on the specific thread for the issue with interacting with Reda, if still affected after 1.1.0. 🙂

To address specific replies -

@smithy10GB I don't have any information to share about compensation / grants at this time - it is entirely at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team as to whether they would grant anything of that nature. If I receive any information on this subject, I'll let you all know. Regarding a refund, the storefront / retailer you purchased the game from is your point of contact for this. I'm afraid as you purchased the game from the Microsoft Store, you are subject to their refund policy, not ours.

@MAGNUM7144 Please open a different thread for your issue with the uninteractable Orlog player; this thread is exclusively for the Ravensthorpe NPCs. Thanks!

@tanith1701 @Ccryosis Are you both still unable to speak to Randvi following today's update? If so, can you please provide a video of this, as I am unsure whether it has been reported that this issue also prevents interacting with her directly and I'd like to make absolutely sure? Regarding fast travel and saving, tanith1701, we implemented a hot fix a few days ago on the 10th that should have addressed this as well. Let me know if it worked for you!

@guest-po5313qH A fix is coming up in a future update for all affected NPCs - I'm keeping everyone updated here with the latest information I receive. Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime. 🙂

@GTR31770 Thanks for offering your help - the team have identified the issue and are working on the fix, which is coming up in a future update. I'm afraid for the moment it's just a case of waiting for it to be ready. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the issue, and hope that you're enjoying Valhalla overall!

@heartpunches Sorry that I couldn't reply here in time 😞 I can confirm that today's update is not the one due to fix this issue. The developers are working hard to try and deliver the fix as soon as possible, and I'll keep you updated with what I know.

@Ipiidinthepool You should be able to interact with Reda again following today's update, and hand in / start Viking For Hire as a result. For your issues with the other two quests, please seek out more appropriate threads or create them for us to investigate these issues further with you if they also continue after the update!

@tperfecto12 Thanks for providing your case reference number. I've updated the case to include the link to this thread for the agent's reference when they reply to you. The fix is pending and an update will be provided here in this thread as soon as we know more!

@PapaBellerose I do apologise for any disappointment caused by the fact that today's update did not resolve this issue. As FireIce38 has kindly clarified, in my previous post I stated that the issue would be resolved in a future update, not the "next" update, but I do appreciate that this could have been misunderstood. The Known Issues list similarly lists issues together based on if they will be addressed in a future update, but it does not mean that the future update is necessarily the "next" update. I hope this helps clarify things 🙂 I'll keep everyone updated here with news as I receive it.

Official Response
  • Y2john84
    48 posts

Any update when I can talk to my settlement nps please? This update today hasn't fixed it

• tperfecto12
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer can you please ensure that my case stays open until this is resolved. This is my third case opened about the same problem which has not been resolved yet. They lay employee told me it was fixed, which was an untrue statement, then closed my case. It is very frustrating to not be helped or listened to over the past month. Please do what you can to restore my trust in Ubisoft. I’ve been with you guys and all your games for 12 years but this making me seriously re think that

Suggested Topics