Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Hadley66
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

1. again, I can interact with none of the settlement NPCs save the new one, Vagn.
    2. the game has been unplayable for me for months now, so when it happened is tough. The last milestone I recall was a fight with Dag, who now stands unresponsive outside the longhouse.
    3. provide instructions on how to capture and provide video, and I would be willing to do so, but I question what you hope such material will help you learn. How do you expect such a video — a player character being looked at but otherwise ignored by NPCs, even if that PC goes so far as to repeatedly bump into the NPCs — to help?
  • ryanp82
    7 posts

Playing on the PS5 version. I completed the alliance map for Grantebridgescire and it breaks the game upon talking to Randvi when I get back to my settlement. I'm unable to interact with any of my npc's there including her. I can't choose the alliance map to advance the story or even go back to Asgard. This is a major issue for a lot of people that's been going on for almost 4 months now and there's no fix in sight. I've honestly wasted my time and money on this game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello there!

@Hadley66 - Thanks for letting me know that additional information about which NPCs you're unable to interact with, and when this first happened for you. To share a video, I would recommend recording it and then uploading it to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive), then posting a shareable link in this thread. Depending on the platform you use, you may have different recording options available to your (Such as PS4 share or recording using the Microsoft Game Bar). You can also use your own capture devices, such as cameras or mobile phones.

Videos are helpful to the investigation as it allows the development team to see exactly how your game has been affected, and see if this behaviour matches other reports. It's also useful if the development team has been unable to replicate this in their own testing to provide a better understanding from the player's point of view.

@ryanp82 - Thanks for sharing your experience with being unable to interact with your settlement NPCs. I'm sorry to hear that this has halted your progression. Have you been able to try reloading an earlier save to test if this always happens when completing the Grantebridgescire alliance? Knowing that this is the trigger could be very helpful for the investigation.

If possible, would you also be able to provide a video that shows you unable to interact with NPCs after reporting to Randvi? We can then pass this along to the development team.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Hadley66
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

Here's the requested video.

(During its recording, I realized I could interact with the settlement's dice player and the jomsviking for hire near the barracks, in addition to Vagn. Otherwise, I cannot interact with any person in Ravensthorpe.)

• Wood138
    11 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

I am in the same situation .
    No point to share vidéo, my issue IS same as Hadley66.
    The game is unplayable because now it s impossible to talk to randvi or anyone else.
    This issue must be reported as major issue.
    We can not play the game.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@hadley66 I greatly appreciate you posting this video clip here, and have made sure our investigating teams are able to review this further.

@Wood138 Thank you for confirming that you are in the exact same situation as Hadley66. While no additional updates have been shared with us yet, we will continue to post new information here as it is made available.

Official Response
  • InKDzzyUbi
    1 posts

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Just waiting for a fix to be able to play the game again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @InKDzzyUbi! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with settlement NPCs here. Would you be able to provide me with the following information:

• Which NPCs are you unable to interact with?
    • When did you first notice you were unable to interact with them?
    • If possible, please can you please send us a video that shows you're unable to interact with the settlement NPCs?

We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • alexhoe
    1 posts

Several months after it was allegedly fixed I still have the issue. I cant talk to anybody in the settlement rendering the game entirely useless as I need to talk to them to get new quests. Im currently after the Soma storyline and just before going to Asgard (I had to look up parts of the story before I could play them -.-).
    I paid good money for it and its not like the first week after release. I wholeheartedly wish all the worst to this company if they dont start making their games at least playable. Thats just theft.

• Wood138
    11 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiExcellent

This issue is from 16 november.
    Are you thinking that we cannot read ?
    Just share instructions to be refunded.
    We all know that you're not going to do anything.

• Primarchs
    1 posts

Can't talk to the lady at the barracks. Just build it and choose a jomsviking, after that the option to talk disappeared.
    Settlement is really low as I'm new to the game. Build the barracks third. First did the blacksmith and then the order building.
    Playing on ps5 by the way.
    Reading for how long this bug has been around and also that more and more npcs will fall off is really discouraging me to play further...

• ryanp82
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis I've tried reloading an earlier save and nothing seems to fix it. I don't have a video to provide for the issue. As soon as I turn it in to her, every NPC including her loses their dialogue/interact box above their head. It's only happening when I turn in the final quest for Grantebridgescire. As of right now, that's the last one I can choose from the alliance map so it's completely halting the game progression.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@alexhoe - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience within the thread. The development team had hoped to resolve this issue in TU 1.1.2, and we apologise for any disappointment caused by the issue persisting following this update. Please be assured that investigation into this has been reopened following reports that settlement NPCs still cannot be interacted with. Would you be able to let us know if this issue began after completing the Grantebridgescire arc, or did another action seem to trigger this? We can then pass this information along to the development team as part of the investigation.

@Wood138 - If you originally purchased the game via the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request, and a member of the store team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to. We would recommend taking the time to read the digital and physical refund policies prior to doing this, as we are unable to guarantee a refund will be granted if you do not meet the eligible criteria. If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to contact them with your refund request.

@Primarchs - Thanks for letting us know which NPCs you're unable to interact with, and what actions you did prior to being unable to interact with the NPC. Would you be able to send us a video of this so we can pass it along to the development team?

@ryanp82 - Thank you for trying to reload an older save for me. I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. I'll add this information to your report. It doesn't look like your PSN account is linked to your Ubisoft account. Would you be able to share your PSN username with us so we can include this too, as this is the platform you use?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • ryanp82
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis PSN username is MewtwoPB.

I've tried various alliance map quests in different order and it always appears to be tied exclusively to the completion of Grantebridgescire no matter when I complete this. The PSN trophy for Eivor's Saga is showing 40% and the next step for completion states I need to do Rygjafylke for the next step. Since I can't interact with anyone in my settlement including Randvi, I can't advance to that.

I've paid full price for 40% of a game. You can keep apologizing all you want, but it doesn't change that people wasted their money on a game that's unfinished, untested and bugged.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know your PSN username, @ryanp82. I've included this in the report to the development team. I've also let them know that this event seems to be linked to the completion of Grantebridgescire, no matter when this action is completed in-game.

I do apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by this experience. I understand that this issue is preventing you from proceeding further in the game, and we have alerted the development team about this. The are actively investigating this further. Once we have any more news to share from the investigation, we will post within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

What can i say to the key retailer ?
    Ubisoft has not finished the game, you have to refund me because they sell you a faulty product ?

• Ubi-Borealis

@Wood138 - If you did not originally purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store website, we would be unable to proceed with a refund request for you. You can read the full details here regarding the digital and physical refund policies. You will need to request the refund from your original retailer.

As different retailers have different refund policies, we are unable to comment on these. I would recommend reaching out to them for more help if you wish to seek a refund.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Wood138
    11 posts

I have activated my key on Uplay right, you can give my key back so i can screwed someone like Ubisoft screwed me please ?
    By the way, 3 days to respond, you seem very concerned by our problem lol.
    This entire company is a joke like your answers @Ubi-Borealis , keep up the [censored] work and steal your customers.
    I m gonna post this story on tweeter and write a nice letter at UFC que choisir, here in France to inform them about your policies.

• Wood138
    11 posts

For Information Update 1.2 of 03/16 do not fix anything on this issue.

• MrWhiskers573
    5 posts

This is ridiculous. I was hoping that with TU 1.2.0 it would be fixed, but it is still not working for me. It is so difficult to fix? Or there is not interest at all?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics