Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer Just a heads up Woofer, I put up a group post yesterday, on xbox, for 1 week and there is already 6 people who are having the same issue.

This bug seems quite common.

• Choo-Choo_kaz74
    4 posts

@kinbumi This is the exact same issue I've come across, the exact same NPCs stopped working for me (Petra and her quest worked for me as well, though her brother doesn't) only this happened to me after completion of the Ledecester pledge questline when Rued's group raids Ravensthorpe, I've already sent in a support request but I haven't heard from them in a couple days, Id be grateful if you could post something here if you hear from Ubi Support at all.

• Choo-Choo_kaz74
    4 posts

@smithy10gb I'm not on Xbox, but PS4, and I've had the same issue. The Npc's showing up but not being interactable and the connection error messages. honestly unsure what to do about it other than contact support, which i've done already.

• Choo-Choo_kaz74
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I don't know if this will help much, but I've found in my case as well I've lost the ability to interact with the Shipwright NPC, Petra's Brother ( the hunt trophy mechanic, although Petra and her quests were still fully intact for myself) and the Barracks NPC. I'm most certain this began after the raid on Ravensthorpe. I didn't add a save file to my support request however.

• Tutock
    2 posts

I have an issue where i cant speak to Erydis at all, her text box isnt there where she is standing in Ravensthorpe, have previously created a viking and modified long boat crew, option to speak to her is just gone?? Any fixes?

Also cant recruit bjorn its just grayed out

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@choo-choo_kaz74 hey don't worry ubisoft testers/ devs are looking into the issue, but if you have any info that could help such as settlement level and story progress, anything that could help, make sure to post it here so ubisoft can compare it all. 🙂

• heartpunches
    13 posts

same here: settlement at level four, way of the berserker completed, and i'm unable to interact with eydis or bjorn (and birna seems to be missing?) at the barracks, the shipwrights, the cartographer, or rowan at the stables. prior to finishing "carrying the torch" i was unable to interact with svend, though customization seems to be working fine now with tove. additionally, the shipwrights have actually never had a dialogue option for me, even right after the building was finished.

i've run through all the usual fixes—reloading, power cycling, network connections—and still nothing. i don't have save files/clips at the moment, but if needed i could probably manage to grab some.

thanks for flagging this and getting the devs on it!

• Choo-Choo_kaz74
    4 posts

My settlement is currently at level 5, the issue happened when it was around 2 or 3. completed the Way of the Berserker quest, as far as I'm aware I can still speak with Bjorn and the other Jomsvikings (I'd have to check again). I know for certain I was able to use these facilities before the raid (except perhaps the hint trophies, I was holding that off till I had a few more trophies to a few in at once so I've never spoken to him before the bug).

• Crazy_Pyro28
    1 posts

I have run into a bug very early on into Valhalla that has persisted even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I have not seen many posts about it. I cannot edit my ship at my settlement, I cannot change my crew nor BUT I was able to in the past and have. The issue seems to be that I cannot talk to the vendors that allow me to change my crew & ship, I think this because they have no speech bubble or prompt when I walk up to them, while everyone else at my settlement does. I hope this issue can get resolved so I can continue with customizing my ship I have already logged about 70 hours into the game so I cannot just restart my game.

• Nox_Arach
    1 posts

I'm having the same problem. My tattooist was working until Ruad's group attacked the settlement, now I've noticed with other services - hunter's hut, shipwright, barracks. I just built the stables to see if perhaps that might work, but same problem.

My settlement is roughly lvl 3, closer to lvl 4. I have completed the Way of the Berserker quest, and am currently pursuing the East Anglia quest line.

• TenshaZangetsou
    2 posts

I built Valka's hut and when i finished my screen went black. I could move and attack but had no vision so i restarted from my last save. When i loaded the save the hut was already built with valka inside. I found out that i m supposed to get a quest from her, but i never did and i cant interact with her. This closes me out from a part of the game that i dont want to spoil, and i m really disappointed. Please help

• NathanWhisp
    1 posts

@n0va56 same!

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

Hi there! The developers are aware of an issue which stops you from interacting with NPCs in your settlement. It is under active investigation at the moment but I do not have a further update at this time. Any updates will be communicated via this forum.

Official Response
  • MAGNUM7144
    3 posts

I am having the same exact issue I can't access any of my stores except the general one, and tattoo! Its very frustrating. Please fix.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Thanks for all your continued reports, everyone. Please keep as much information coming as you feel is relevant, so that the devs can refer to it and hopefully reproduce the issue!

I've asked if there's further information that they need in order to look further into this, as I'm unsure if the information provided so far has been specific enough for them to pinpoint the cause of the issue, so please also standby in case I need to ask some different questions.

Regarding Reda, the Thousand Eyes merchant, I've also created a separate megathread for him, as there is an online component to his shop itself that may be linked into the issue somehow. Please cross-post there if you cannot interact with him, and share any screenshots / videos you have as evidence. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Jordiles
    2 posts

This issue just appeared mid playing the game, the icon that shows up when speaking to someone does not appear even after I restart the game. I can’t speak to the person in the tattoo shop, horse training and the place near the docs where you change your custom Viking.

is there any way to solve this? Or do I need to wait for a patch?

• Jordiles
    2 posts

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer Awesome, thanks for keeping us updated.

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@ubi-woofer

Hi, did you get my savegame?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@claud1o I did yes, thank you very much for submitting the .zip package! I've sent it over to the devs today 🙂

Any further save files (sadly only PC and PS4 players can provide these) we can collect would be gratefully received. If playing on PC, A DXDIAG file would also be a massive help according to the devs.

If you just drop the case reference numbers here in the thread, either myself or a colleague can take a look and submit those documents for you. Thanks again!

Official Response

Suggested Topics