Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

I reached the point where I fight the wolf, I fought the wolf and won, but the game still asking me to kill it. I don’t see confirm kill button when I’m near the wolf, and cannot progress.

I've tried exiting the game, going to different places and coming back but no luck. I’m even trying to find if I can redo the fight so it doesn’t glitch like this, but no luck.
    I am using Xbox one, any suggestions?
    thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Extended Family" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Extended Family" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • ISSIRaiden
    1 posts

On Asgard "Extended Family" quest part of : The Fate of the high one Chapter 2
    when i go to Kill the Wolf he appears to have fallen from the garden straight down. I have "woken Up" and tried to go back to Kill the wolf but he never appears back in the garden. can not advance the quest line.

• IRespectWemen
    13 posts

When i enter the arena with the lone wolf its always underground when it comes out its far away from me that i cant hit it i watched 3 videos and im pretty sure its a bug i tried restarting the game loading another save waking up then entering asgard all combined but the bug always occurs it just goes around me and comes out and repeats itself i can send video if needed i literally can not progress

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@IRespectWemen Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been occurring.

Just to confirm, are you able to shoot the Wolf with your bow?

We would be interest in seeing the video if you would be able to provide that to us.

Official Response
  • IRespectWemen
    13 posts

@ubi-baron yes i can shoot it with my bow i did get it to %20 health but the arrows werent enough to kill him i will send a video in 15 minutes

i cant upload video here it says You do not have enough privilege,i will try to upload to another site and link it here

https://streamable.com/qiac8e here is the link

you can also see at 1:09 i stand still and it doesnt even get out to atack me

• IRespectWemen
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • IRespectWemen
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • IRespectWemen
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • gablagloire
    5 posts

I have killed the wolf, but I can not confirm the kill. I exited the game, but it auto saved so when I returned I still could not confirm the kill.
    I should also note that the final hit to kill the wolf was with fire. The wolf is twitching about to die, but no icon or button to confirm kill.
    undefined
    undefined
    undefined

• Ubi-Baron

@IRespectWemen Thank you for getting back to us, and providing that video.

We've passed this on to the team to be looked into.

One thing we would advise, if you haven't already, is verifying the game files. This will check for missing or corrupt files and replace them, which you can do by clicking the menu under the game icon in the Ubisoft Connect.

What was the last action your completed before this quest, was it the Quest directly before this or a side action?

Official Response
  • IRespectWemen
    13 posts

it was probably the main storyline because i was just doing normal quests in england and then the mission led me to asgard and i did it in 1 go so i never left asgard untill i faced with this bug

• IRespectWemen
    13 posts

@ubi-baron verified game files 2 times still didnt work same bug happens,when will we have a response from the team will it be fixed or is there another solution for me

• IRespectWemen
    13 posts

@ubi-baron an idea came up to my mind yesterday,so if i can shoot it with the bow its possible to kill the boss even with the bug but the problem was i didnt had enough arrows and i just earned a skill called focus of the nornir which if activated at the time slows down time and doesnt consume arrow so that means i can kill him even if it is bugged i will come back if i succeed i know this wont be an official solution but if other people come up with this problem you can solve it like this if really urgent

• IRespectWemen
    13 posts

@irespectwemen the focus of the nornir strategy worked but i had to lower the combat difficulty to easy and i had 3 full adrenaline bars now i can proceed but i want to let you know it is still buggy

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

I’m having trouble with Extended Family quest in Asgard, I got to the point where I need to kill the wolf, I killed the wolf and it’s knocked down right now, but I don’t get the confirm kill button to move on with the quest.

I read that I need to start a new game to fix this, but I’m already way ahead in the story line and don’t want to repeat it. Any advice ?

im using Xbox one

• nalee017
    1 posts

Hello!

I've been really enjoying the game so far, but I ran into a game breaking glitch which won't allow me to progress any further into the Extended Family questline on Asgard. On my first attempt everything was going smoothly, but then the wolf glitched and pushed me roughly 600 meters away from the arena, causing it to disappear. Following that I had to load my autosave and upon getting back to the wolf, it was still in the cage during the chasing part, not moving. Because I was getting impatient I ended up killing it while it was in that state and the quest step still tells me to "Kill the Wolf" although it is already dead and hasn't reached the boss arena yet. That was over 20 hours ago and I periodically check the quest. Every time I go to the cage the wolf spawns in, goes limp, dies, and the quest doesn't advance.

Is there anyway for me to like restart all of Extended Family, or a way to bypass just this quest step. Now I'm double the power of the wolf so if it actually worked I could breeze through it. Luckily, I was streaming when the glitch happened so I have footage if that is necessary.

• Joogsie05
    1 posts

I am playing extended family mission in Asgard where you have to kill the wolf however the game glitched and the wolf is now inside stone and I can’t complete mission. I have tried everything new location and then go back exited the game and reentered and still the glitch remains I have a lot of time invested in this game and it would be very upsetting if I had to restart the game from scratch

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@joogsie05 have u got an earlier save from just before u started the mission? Try loading that if so and see if it happens again.

• Ubi-Baron

@irespectwemen We're very glad to hear that you were able to find a workaround for that.

We have passed this issue on to the team and it's being looked into at the moment.

Official Response
  • mistrjakub1
    1 posts
    Hi. I started the extended family mission and fought a piece in the arena with a wolf. I was a small level and left the mission. now I have returned and the wolf will not run to the arena and is in the area where the mission began. I tried to kill the wolf here, but it's still dead and can't be continued

Photo report:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/wCasvAuUomGpxzjQ9

Suggested Topics