Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

I reached the point where I fight the wolf, I fought the wolf and won, but the game still asking me to kill it. I don’t see confirm kill button when I’m near the wolf, and cannot progress.

I've tried exiting the game, going to different places and coming back but no luck. I’m even trying to find if I can redo the fight so it doesn’t glitch like this, but no luck.
    I am using Xbox one, any suggestions?
    thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• gablagloire
    5 posts

I have killed the wolf, but I can not confirm the kill. I exited the game, but it auto saved so when I returned I still could not confirm the kill.
    I should also note that the final hit to kill the wolf was with fire. The wolf is twitching about to die, but no icon or button to confirm kill.
    undefined
    undefined
    undefined

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

I’m having trouble with Extended Family quest in Asgard, I got to the point where I need to kill the wolf, I killed the wolf and it’s knocked down right now, but I don’t get the confirm kill button to move on with the quest.

I read that I need to start a new game to fix this, but I’m already way ahead in the story line and don’t want to repeat it. Any advice ?

im using Xbox one

• mistrjakub1
    1 posts
    Hi. I started the extended family mission and fought a piece in the arena with a wolf. I was a small level and left the mission. now I have returned and the wolf will not run to the arena and is in the area where the mission began. I tried to kill the wolf here, but it's still dead and can't be continued

Photo report:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/wCasvAuUomGpxzjQ9

• Oyant
    1 posts

@coziesttiger Same here... The wolf is on the ground twitching.. Not able to proceed. There should be a way to restart mission

• psychochief
    4 posts

same here grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

@oyant I looked it up online and the only way to restart a mission is to start a new game, I read that ubisoft removed the feature of restarting a quest, but I think restarting it would fix the bug. In many previous AC games I had trouble like this, all I had to do is close the game and restart the mission, I am already way ahead with over 60 hours of game play and stuck on this

• gablagloire
    5 posts

I am still stuck at this part. I have read others on reddit also have issues on Kill the wolf where the wolf is in the mountain like in my pictures, or the wolf falls off the cliff. Seems to be a major flaw in the game. undefinedundefinedundefined

• gablagloire
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • gablagloire
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

@gablagloire that’s the same spot the wolf is bugged from me! It’s the corner of the fighting area near the edge

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Milton062.
    2 posts

Hello. I am trying to do the lost wolf quest in Asgaurd. I killed the wolf in Freya garden, didn't knock it off the ledge. The wolf landed with his face in the rock and I can't confirm the kill now. All of my autosaves are with the bug happening. My last save was 4 hours prior. Is there any way to reset the quest and not have to replay hours of the game. I love the game otherwise this is just frustrating. Please help.

• Milton062.
    2 posts

@milton062 Finally fixed it by running against his head for a while. It seems like it pushed him out far enough.

• CoziestTiger
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-woofer thank you for your help and support.

can you kindly add “unable to progress with extended family quest” to the bug list? Few others replied to my original post and unable to progress.

when reaching the wolf fight while the tower is being built in Asgard, we fought the wolf, however, it’s laying on the floor twitching without us having the ability to confirm the kill. The confirm kill button does not show.

thank you again for the support

• CarrionCurse
    1 posts

In Asgard on the mission where you have to kill the wolf in the fighting pit on the side of the cliff. The wolf will load down below in the water, and will die after a couple of arrows. Once I go to confirm the kill the game will load. Once it finishes loading I am no longer able to move or look at the map or inventory. I end up having to load a save state and can not get past this mission.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello all,

I've merged your threads / replies into this larger thread in order to keep all of the information about this issue with confirming the kill of the wolf in "Extended Family" together - where posts became duplicated, I've deleted these so that we have a clear set of replies. Thank you for all of the information so far provided - I've reported this issue to the developers and will keep you updated with any news or information I receive.

If possible, a video of the issue would be appreciated, as well as save files from any PC / PS4 players affected. These would help the developers to reproduce the issue and understand its roots better. You can submit your save files via a support case or Live Chat. Thank you so much 🙂

Official Response
  • CrossHD
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer I have opened a Topic about this problem 5 days ago. I was fightning the Wolf from the mission "Extended Family" and I was sent away from the Arena by the Wolf. When I returned to the Arena, he wasn't there, so I discovered that he got stucked underground the Arena when I used the crow to locate him. I cannot see or kill him, but I can still hear him with the crow.
    Link: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/89554/bug-extended-family-cannot-progress
    Console: PS5

• Tretwert
    2 posts

So I did finish all the quests and the story in Asgard but when I fight with the Lost wolf I didn't kill him because loki came and say this is his son so the wolf wasn't killed and now I cannot enter the cave for the last wealth. There's this yellow barrier and I cannot enter. I'm on 1.1.1 patch.

• Tretwert
    2 posts

By kill i meant confirm kill i did defeat the wolf

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics