Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• crispykibbles
    Original poster 6 posts

I am currently stuck fighting the builder. This boss fight is excruciatingly painful to sit through every death with each attempt. It really makes me question continuing on with the story if I even get past this fight. His combo moves are sometimes impossible to dodge. Honestly takes the fun from the game. Does anyone else have this problem in their story??? I can't be the only one that feels the same about this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@crispykibbles
    Made a thread about this particular boss fight, and I'm stuck too.

Not because of mechanics, but I think I've been hit with every possible bug in this fight, making it impossible to get past. And after making that thread, I discovered all my saves were gone, except the autosave, which sends me right into the bugged fight.

Therefore, I have 2 options. Take a break and hope for a fix, or start completely over...

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

This fight exemplifies everything wrong with the boss fights in this game to an extreme degree. Surprisingly it was one of the most fun boss fights for me, though. Except it was excruciatingly long since I only play on Very Hard.

If you want a strat to beat him:

Make sure you enter the fight with full arrow stock in all your bows and full rations because you will not be able to get enough of them in the fight area alone. On Very Hard, breaking his stamina is not even remotely enough damage to kill him and you need to use a LOT of arrows to bring him down. I had to use all of my hunter bow and predator bow arrows and finished him by careful melee attacks.

Do not let him hit you with any attack except the circular floor AOE that appears. You cannot parry or block any of his attacks, so that means you need to dodge them.

The best way to combat unblockable attacks is to just run away from him. Try to keep him on the other side of the room as much as you can and wait on him to use the floor AOE.

Let yourself be hit by the floor AOE and shoot him in the top of the head until you get the stun attack. Then continue to do this for the rest of the fight since his head and the top of his head are the only places that take more damage.

Sometimes he will do a slam attack with his hammer that will leave a glowing white orb behind, and you can run over to it and interact with it to get a short duration damage buff. If you have advanced far enough to receive the poison arrows ability from Hytham, use your adrenaline for those and it will speed the fight up considerably.

• NLadkom
    1 posts

I feel you problem. I'm stuck as well at the builder. I have my settings on hard and that makes it... Well, hard. But I've come to a point that I only have saves from the beginning of the boss fight. You can't change the difficulty during a boss fight. So there for I'm stuck. No way out of the fight en no way back to the game.

• Spudprince
    1 posts

I’m stuck in the same situation. All my auto saves are the start of this boss fight so I can’t even go back and pretend to prepare for this fight. About ready to uninstall 🥲

• Simking501
    1 posts

@spudprince yep I have games that I've quit because of boss fights,I have games never finished sitting in dust wasted money because of boss fights.I hate them and they ruin every game ever they are pointless unessary and turn s fun game into frustration anger, and become not fun to play anymore.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@crispykibbles
    Nope, lol, killed him in first try, don't even remember him to well. You must be to low level compared to him, come back later 😉

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics