ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• A breath taking open world adventure...

6 likes/9 replies/90 views
    spycewhale
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 6

I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about the negatives of ACV and just wanted to chime in with my two cents. Maybe just inject a little positive in to the room.... I get there are bugs, and for those with bugs that are truly stopping your gameplay I feel for you.

For me, this is a truly magnificent game. It’s beautiful open world adventure that rivals and even expands in some ways on RDR2. The detail that has been taken to make exploration fun is astounding! Not fun by a giant pot of rewards, but fun just by taking in the scenery. All thanks to some amazing details and superb art direction.

I’ve seen posts saying the graphics are terrible, and it makes me wonder if I have low standards? Am I playing the same game? To me it’s just overall beautiful. Especially for an open world game! Yes there are a few muddled textures and character models here and there. That doesn’t detract from some fairly epic screenshot [censored] though!

I do feel the game needs a bit of polish overall and it will come, but I for one just wanted to reach out and say thank you game devs for bringing me exactly what I enjoyed from RDR2 into the AC universe.

And now I shall put my flame retardant suit on....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Netspook
    ubisoft:x-posts, 352

Imo, the graphics are mostly fine.

Almost everything else isn't...

• Vlerk2020
    ubisoft:x-posts, 41

It's a beautiful empty.. err open world 🙄

• Mr.Dastone
    ubisoft:x-posts, 14

the Graphics are a step down from Odyssey, the landscape is fine, its the animation and characters, armor garments are a step down. Odyssey was a GREAT game and they set the bar high, then took 2 years off and took 60 dollars and produced a far lesser game.

Just a simple thing of putting the camera to far back makes you look small and weak in combat and lessens the experience. The gear and armor is a step down simple things like the boats are all done sub par in comparison, people are [censored], we waited 2 years for another Odyssey and got a lame product

• Ganossa_
    ubisoft:x-posts, 58

@spycewhale I totally agree in terms of graphics its a huge step up from Odyssey and Origins. Same goes for world building and making it believable.
    What I think suffered a bit (and maybe due to player feedback on Odyssey/Origins, so some should look into the mirror) is combat and rewards.
    The combat is fairly simple and can be exploited easily. Maybe they tried to cater to people that found AC Origins combat to difficult or AC Odysseys combat to deep and direct?
    The rewards are not encouraging enough on their own to explore the world. Loot in games works, its proven and I think they should have continued/expanded from AC Odyssey on creating meaningful loot that is one more reason to visit every edge of this beautiful world. Again, I assume that old school AC fans do not like loot in their game but they forgot this is a huge open world and concepts of older AC titles might not apply anymore.

I too shared already countless of screenshots of this game, cause lets be honest, visually, this game is breathtaking.
    undefined

My two cents.

• Gravelmead
    ubisoft:x-posts, 81

@spycewhale As far as computer games go, pretty graphics are meaningless if the game play is boring and/or dumped down.

• Ganossa_
    ubisoft:x-posts, 58

@gravelmead maybe it does depend on what constitutes a "game" but Origins and Odyssey had discovery modes where gameplay is non-existent. The world itself and its accurate graphical representation was enough for people to experience.
    Another recent example is Microsoft's flight simulator that has little gameplay for most people but the fact that it simulates the entire world pretty accurately and realistically is enough for many to praise it.

However, one could argue to count both examples as "games", even though they exist on gaming platforms.

--during COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions, a believable and beautiful world can be enough to satisfy people's escapism

• TheGrimReeferzz
    ubisoft:x-posts, 44

@spycewhale please do not compaire Rockstar or Red Dead Redemption 2 with ubisoft . Rockstar make masterpieces , they release fully finished games and they test them , that's why Rockstar have a great reputation and why every game they make has 100% amazing feedback .( Apart form RDR2 online , don't no what happened to that lol)

If Rockstar made this game it would of been the best game in 2020 . I don't no how far in you are with the game but I thought it was amazing at the start to and it just slowly started to fade as I went more and more through the game

• SaintlyStorms
    ubisoft:x-posts, 78

As an OCD gamer I actually like the way the map feels empty... Odyssey for me was a headache with all of the different icons. This time they've replaced it with colour nodes which I like. I feel like I'm actually exploring now. I know a lot of people like the Odyssey way of crowded maps and such, but I like this. The world feels more open to me.

Suggested Topics