ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr.Solomons
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello everyone.
    I think many people have noticed that the combat system is not as good as we would like. And in this regard, I want to offer my ideas for improving it and I want to hear your opinion, as well as your suggestions.
    So...

1. Reduce the dodge distance. Eivor dodges as if he has skis on his feet. If possible, replace the dodge animation entirely
    2. Split the roll and dodge controls into different buttons so that you can use them separately (considering the first point, it will make sense to use dodges and rolls in different situations)
    3. Change the animation of movement in battle. Just watch how Eivor's legs move in a stance while he/she lock on target. They live separately from the body and it seems that Eivor slides on the ground, and does not walk. (just watch the characters move in For Honor, another game from Ubisoft).
    4. Remove the passivity of some enemies. I mean, simple enemies, with shields, axes and spears, they hardly attack at all and pose no danger to Eivor. And also archers, who apparently save arrows and shoot once every 10 seconds.
    5. Increase the number of attacks from these same enemies (which are in paragraph 4). Seriously, enemies with axes / shields and swords / shields only have 2 or 3 attacks and are just single hits. because of which the fight with them is not interesting and does not pose a danger.
    6. Increase the number of finishing moves for stunned enemies. I mean finishing with a sword, shield, ax, spear, etc. There is only one finishing move in the game for each of these weapons. Even if there were 3 of them, it would already be a variety.
    7. Replace the parry animation with a weapon. She looks weird. Eivor does not seem to parry the attack, but simply raises his weapon and the enemy seems to be hitting the wall.
    8. Fix some stealth kill animations. During the kill animation from behind the wall, Eivor teleports to the enemy, hits him in the face and also teleports with him behind the wall. This is strange. Also, the animation of killing from the grass, where Eivor throws the enemy over himself - it looks like the enemy himself is jumping into this grass.

And by the way, about the strange moments in battle, which seem to be taken from the anime. I'm talking about giant jumps of several meters in height, the blows from which enemies fly off by several tens of meters, etc.
    It seems like a game about Vikings, not about warriors from the anime.

I hope that these remarks will not remain empty words. And also that the community will offer their ideas or speak out about mine.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics