Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MindlessPatch
    Original poster 1 posts

As cute as Tarben the baker is since there's two proper romances with female characters (Randvi and Petra) I wish there'd been a second male character to make it even amongst genders. I thought Vili Hemmingson would be one and was excited to invite him to Ravensthorpe only to discover you can't talk to him anymore. Perhaps they didn't want to do a romance for him since it's possible to not have him join the Raven clan. But if not him I think Hytham would have been a good choice since he plays a similar role to Randvi i.e. you report back to them and they're both involved in the story. Just my thoughts I was really excited for the romance when I read it was going to be more in depth than Odyssey but to only have one option if you're interested in males sucks. I would love an update where a second male romance is added but not holding out any hope.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sam_Boo26
    160 posts

I'm not far in the game, but it's really disappointing to read this 😞 I hope they will add more options or at least turn Vili into a real romance option!

• broski0808
    20 posts

I have to agree. I get that romance isn't the main point of the game, but I do miss that aspect. I enjoyed it a lot in Odyssey even if they were all one night stands they were fun, very funny, and they lighten the mood of the game.

Looks longingly into the distances; "I still have dreams about that goat and Alkibiades" 🤣

• misthos_living
    8 posts

"Alkibiades"

I loved that guy!

• MaikaMoors
    1 posts

@mindlesspatch I was also disappointed that Vili wasn't an option for long-term romance, especially after all the buildup and story between Eivor and him. 😞

• Valkyra_007
    8 posts

Same and I came here hoping my game was glitching as he's definitely listed as a long term romance option in many guides but I guess that's only for when we don't ask him to join us? I wish they would let me romance him I'm tired of randvi and not really interested in Tarben and Petra. Just let me talk to him 😭

• Amadei_LeRouge
    1 posts

I agree. The Snotinghamscire arc was so good because of the chemistry between Eivor and Vili. Their interactions were written so well, and it would make much more sense for Eivor to fall in love with his old best friend than his brother's wife and people he just met. I'm hoping for a patch or a DLC with more moments with him because the way we left things off is just disappointing.

• XandArt13
    3 posts

I agree. Baker's story is sweet but I double the wish Ubisoft update the game with an option for long-term Vili romance. I guess it's pointless to invite Vili to be your bro in arms because this is the end of your relations. I'll try to make him Jarl and see where it goes but no hopes here.
    Also, I'd love to see the Hytham romance. He seems like a nice guy. Wish there will be something between him and Eivor.
    The other males weren't interesting to me.
    Please Ubisoft give us some love 😊

• ADarklore
    144 posts

@mindlesspatch I agree, I feel that Hytham would be a good match.

• Zireael42
    1 posts

I also really hoped Vili was permanent. Eivor and him have a great rapport! Perhaps it's a feature that can be added?

Tarben is really adorable though.

I also really like Hytham.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@mindlesspatch regarding Vili - I'm pretty sure the dialogue you have after going through with the romance was that it was only a one-time thing. That's probably why it doesn't continue beyond that.

• XandArt13
    3 posts

@ziggurcat
    Yes and this is sad because this way the female players basically have one long-term male option in the 2020 AAA game while even indie games give you at least 2 to choose from.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@xandart13 I romanced everyone, so I didn't exactly have a shortage of people to fool around with *shrugs*

• Sam_Boo26
    160 posts

Vili should definitively be a long-term romance. The chemistry between Eivor and him is just lovely. I would also love to romance Hytham though, I love their bond and he's so sweet! He's probably my favorite NPC in Valhalla.

It's really disappointing that the only long-term male romance is with Tarben, who's a nice guy, but who has nothing to do with the story. I wanted Eivor to be in a relationship because it's a feature I usually like in video games, but she's single for now because I wasn't interested in the possible ones. I hope the DLCs and upcoming updates will give us better options!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics