Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@daelosthecat I do get what you are saying BUT I think this problem mostly occurs when you can only carry few arrows. When you level up the quiver to max you can carry something like 30 hunting arrows. Since I have the max quiver I never encounter problems with arrows because I casually pick up some more when travelling and I got better in discovering the arrows in camps etc.

Some camps don't have many arrows tho, so I still get the core of the criticism. Maybe the game wants to force you to play with different styles depending on your surroundings. But I also think having around 30 arrows when entering a camp is enough to do a lot of damage 😉

So it's basically a progression system they made which makes you feel like you don't have enough arrows in early game and gives you more power when you upgrade. I do like this approach. Or are you already on max quiver and have that feeling?

Edit: And to elaborate a bit more tactical: You can find a lot of dead animals with arrows in their bodies. Also tree stumps on the way with 5-6 arrows in them. And if you can visit a store you can buy some arrows. They are not that expensive. It's always good to keep your quiver full. You never know what expects you in the next camp.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@mac-70 Thanks mate. Enjoy your PS5 👍

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994
    Yes, Ragnarok it is! HZD Forbidden West is also on my list for next year and add RE The Village too.
    A good gaming year ahead ☺

Yes RE the village that's also a good one and i'm also excited for Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and maybe Far Cry 6.
    And yes when those games hopefully do not get delayed then 2021 will be a good gaming year. 🤞

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @mac-70 Yes, I'm always adapting to what's currently in any game and torches are infinitely available here, you can even use them in fights.
    Aah...waiting for my PS5 but delivery is postponed due to immense demand, will get it in spring sometimes 😐

Are you kidding me you have to wait until spring ??? That sucks i got both Playstation 5 about an hour ago.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@patricia81994 Good for you ☺ Yep I have to wait for a long time due to extreme demand in Norway and you know Norway isn't the most populated country around so Sony only distribute only a small portion first time around. I think they will deliver several small portions going forward and I'm somewhat late in the queue 😐

• Mac-70-
    19 posts

@balla_jazzuz

Unlucky mate, hope you get lucky, and get it sooner. You could alway's put that viking heritage into action and go all boss mode on a delivery van carrying PS5. 🙂

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    @acid_mars

Well, I see why they did it. Stopping in the middle of a combat to craft arrows isn't exactly immersive. Which is why I don't mind not being able to craft them. That being said, with no crafting there needs to be a steady supply of arrows from various soruces. One good addition would be to make it so any arrow source replenishes them to the fullest.

The way you have to go to the menu to switch out your bow because you ran out of arrows makes that a No-go excuse IMO ...... I like the way they did it in HZD where you go into a slo-mo and can craft ammo on the run when you need to or switch to a different bow, sling or ropecaster on the run ......

True in HZD it's done much better then what it is in Valhalla. 😉

Or change it to back to AC Odyssey that's also fine by me.

I just killed 2 Stormbirds over my lunch hour .... one was part of a mission and the other one was not too far away from that who got between me and a flower collectible I never got the first time I played ..... Rope them down and just pummel them with arrows and repeat ...... They are hard and hit sponges but it is sure rewarding watching the pieces flying off them ..... and they cough up some really good modifications too

Oh in all my playthroughs i killed more then a thousand Stormbirds a little over 1200 ( this was more than one lunch hour though 😊 ) same goes for the Thunderjaw. My number one of killed machines are the Longlegs number two are the Watchers and number three are the Behemoth. And yes true they do cough up some really nice modifications. ☺

Btw. what is your favorite machine in HZD mine is the Stalker i wish Aloy could have one as a pet super cool machines. 😊

P.s sorry for going of topic.

The ones I can't pass up are the Tramplers which are essentially mechanical buffalo ...... Those are fun because there are so many parts that fly off them and you end up with a large debris field to harvest ..... I usually hit them in the side and then in the head with tear blast arrows and then switch over to hard points to finish them off ...... I guess it's just the Sioux in me that makes them impossible for me to pass them up when I see a herd of them

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 Good for you ☺ Yep I have to wait for a long time due to extreme demand in Norway and you know Norway isn't the most populated country around so Sony only distribute only a small portion first time around. I think they will deliver several small portions going forward and I'm somewhat late in the queue 😐

Uh what went wrong here did i do something wrong because i thought it was @Mac-70 that had to wait for his PS5 but it was you ... hmm weird or i am weird that's also a possibility.

Well you could always do what @Mac-70 said in his reply go all Viking on one of those vans carrying PS5. 😉

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @acid_mars

Well, I see why they did it. Stopping in the middle of a combat to craft arrows isn't exactly immersive. Which is why I don't mind not being able to craft them. That being said, with no crafting there needs to be a steady supply of arrows from various soruces. One good addition would be to make it so any arrow source replenishes them to the fullest.

The way you have to go to the menu to switch out your bow because you ran out of arrows makes that a No-go excuse IMO ...... I like the way they did it in HZD where you go into a slo-mo and can craft ammo on the run when you need to or switch to a different bow, sling or ropecaster on the run ......

True in HZD it's done much better then what it is in Valhalla. 😉

Or change it to back to AC Odyssey that's also fine by me.

I just killed 2 Stormbirds over my lunch hour .... one was part of a mission and the other one was not too far away from that who got between me and a flower collectible I never got the first time I played ..... Rope them down and just pummel them with arrows and repeat ...... They are hard and hit sponges but it is sure rewarding watching the pieces flying off them ..... and they cough up some really good modifications too

Oh in all my playthroughs i killed more then a thousand Stormbirds a little over 1200 ( this was more than one lunch hour though 😊 ) same goes for the Thunderjaw. My number one of killed machines are the Longlegs number two are the Watchers and number three are the Behemoth. And yes true they do cough up some really nice modifications. ☺

Btw. what is your favorite machine in HZD mine is the Stalker i wish Aloy could have one as a pet super cool machines. 😊

P.s sorry for going of topic.

The ones I can't pass up are the Tramplers which are essentially mechanical buffalo ...... Those are fun because there are so many parts that fly off them and you end up with a large debris field to harvest ..... I usually hit them in the side and then in the head with tear blast arrows and then switch over to hard points to finish them off ...... I guess it's just the Sioux in me that makes them impossible for me to pass them up when I see a herd of them

Yes possibly. 😜 😉

Btw. you did not answer my question.

• longjohn119
    546 posts

@balla_jazzuz
    Any consumer devices that use AMD or Nvidia chips are going to be in short supply until after the first of the year because the demand for AMD and Nvidia professional products (Nvidia A100 GPUs and AMD Epyc CPUs for Cloud Servers and Super Computers) was so high it's completely tied up TSMC 7 nm UEV line ..... The demand for those products are just now starting to ease up plus Samsung's 7 nm EUV line will go into full production early next year easing the shortage because right now only TSMC is making 7 nm UEV wafers and the demand for professional products because of Covid has swamped them ..... No one saw this coming and back in March both Nvidia and AMD were predicting lower sales and instead 2nd and 3rd Quarters produced record sales for both companies because everyone working from home caused a huge demand for Cloud Servers and medical research for Covid caused a huge demand for Super Computers ..... Even though everyone says Nvidia had a "paper launch" for their Ampere graphics cards the reality is they sold more GPUs in 3rd Quarter 2020 than they did in 3rd Quarter 2019 by a considerable amount ..... Same thing with AMD and their Epyc CPUs where 2nd and 3rd quarter set new records in sales for their professional (server) division making them any actual Player for the first time

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics