Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DaelosTheCat
    Original poster 167 posts

Since we can no longer craft arrows (which I'm fine with), we need to look for them. But there are often moments where none are to be found. I keep constantly finding myself in situations where I, an archer-specced character, can't face tough enemies cause I'm out of arrows. Any chance more arrows could be added to the game world?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Acid_Mars
    9 posts

The arrow shortage in this game is nothing but frustrating at times.

Why they trashed the arrow crafting option is beyond my understanding.

I keep running out in crucial situations and it just sucks. They really need to do something with this to make it less frustrating.

• JPABenites
    95 posts

@daelosthecat
    I would like to create my own arrows like Odissey...

• DaelosTheCat

@acid_mars

Well, I see why they did it. Stopping in the middle of a combat to craft arrows isn't exactly immersive. Which is why I don't mind not being able to craft them. That being said, with no crafting there needs to be a steady supply of arrows from various soruces. One good addition would be to make it so any arrow source replenishes them to the fullest.

• longjohn119
    546 posts

@daelosthecat
    I suggested something to one of the support staff when including the timestamps for a video of a bug problem but I never heard back anything so far ......

In Odyssey I can play for literally days and never craft arrows and the reason for that is when in forts and camps I use the Revelations ability, basically Odyssey's version of Odin
    Sight and as I go through a fort I "ping" constantly to mark the weapons racks and that is where I get the majority of my arrows ..... In the early stages of the game wood is precious for ship upgrades so I never fully fill my arrows when I do craft, I leave 5 - 10 open and top off at the next fort or camp

What they need to do in Valhalla is the ability to mark all the arrow caches with Odin's Sight so you can find them in battle or while stealthily making your way through a fort or monastery ..... Should be easy enough to implement using the same code used to mark NPCs and chests ....... However I can't even get them to acknowledge that the Aim Assist for bows is completely broken so I don't have much hope this would get implemented which is why I just gave up on it last Friday and haven't played it since ..... I moved on to HZD and later today will do the weekly Ori quests in Odyssey ..... By the time they get this mess fixed Cyberpunk will release and there is going to be a mass exodus from this game

• DaelosTheCat

@longjohn119

I think it's already in game. If you use Odin Sight, arrows are highlighted with white shimmer. The problem is that there are too few of them on each pickup.

• DaelosTheCat

Here's an idea. Why not have players replenish their quiver whenever looting an archer? Currently you only loot like 3 arrows. How is this even possible?

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

I keep running out in crucial situations and it just sucks. They really need to do something with this to make it less frustrating.

Agree ... it's like Origins all over again and i hated it in that game as well that we could not make our own arrows ... it's very frustrating for me it's almost game breaking. 😠

Please fix this Ubi.

• dlmthree
    77 posts
    Well, I see why they did it. Stopping in the middle of a combat to craft arrows isn't exactly immersive. Which is why I don't mind not being able to craft them. That being said, with no crafting there needs to be a steady supply of arrows from various soruces. One good addition would be to make it so any arrow source replenishes them to the fullest.

There was an easy fix to this. Simply allow crafting out of combat. I honestly can't see any good reason to remove crafting altogether.

• longjohn119
    546 posts

Agree ... it's like Origins all over again and i hated it in that game as well that we could not make our own arrows ... it's very frustrating for me it's almost game breaking. 😠

Please fix this Ubi.

That's obviously something Ashraf Ismail wanted since it's the same in both games ..... It seems to be worse in this game than Origins but a lot of that has to do with Aim Assist being completely broken so you waste so many arrows ...... Not only do you waste an arrow because you constantly miss your targets you can't recover them either .... You can only recover arrows from dead bodies and even a lot of them you can't recover arrows from, I'd say it's about 50-50

That's why I think Aim Assist should be at the top of the "Need to fix first" list ..... Otherwise you remove a lot of the Choice in the game as to how you want to build your character, you are simply forced into Melee and you likely don't have the proper skills in the ability web to pull it off ...... Playing as a pure assassin doesn't seem to be much of a possibility either since in every Monastery I've raided so far (3) the enemy NPCs were all bunched up so you can't really take them out one at a time ..... Everything is a full frontal; assault and that's going to get old and stale real quickly in a game this large

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    @acid_mars

The way you have to go to the menu to switch out your bow because you ran out of arrows makes that a No-go excuse IMO ...... I like the way they did it in HZD where you go into a slo-mo and can craft ammo on the run when you need to or switch to a different bow, sling or ropecaster on the run ......

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @acid_mars

The way you have to go to the menu to switch out your bow because you ran out of arrows makes that a No-go excuse IMO ...... I like the way they did it in HZD where you go into a slo-mo and can craft ammo on the run when you need to or switch to a different bow, sling or ropecaster on the run ......

True in HZD it's done much better then what it is in Valhalla. 😉

Or change it to back to AC Odyssey that's also fine by me.

• DaelosTheCat

I wouldn't mind not being able to craft arrows if there were more of them in the game world. If more could be looted from weapon/arrow racks and if more of them were in boss fight arenas.

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    @acid_mars

I just killed 2 Stormbirds over my lunch hour .... one was part of a mission and the other one was not too far away from that who got between me and a flower collectible I never got the first time I played ..... Rope them down and just pummel them with arrows and repeat ...... They are hard and hit sponges but it is sure rewarding watching the pieces flying off them ..... and they cough up some really good modifications too

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @acid_mars

I just killed 2 Stormbirds over my lunch hour .... one was part of a mission and the other one was not too far away from that who got between me and a flower collectible I never got the first time I played ..... Rope them down and just pummel them with arrows and repeat ...... They are hard and hit sponges but it is sure rewarding watching the pieces flying off them ..... and they cough up some really good modifications too

Oh in all my playthroughs i killed more then a thousand Stormbirds a little over 1200 ( this was more than one lunch hour though 😊 ) same goes for the Thunderjaw. My number one of killed machines are the Longlegs number two are the Watchers and number three are the Behemoth. And yes true they do cough up some really nice modifications. ☺

Btw. what is your favorite machine in HZD mine is the Stalker i wish Aloy could have one as a pet super cool machines. 😊

P.s sorry for going of topic.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

I've stopped using arrows for some tasks. I now throw a torch to destroy cursed items and to set an oil jar on fire, just to spare some arrows.
    They may come in handy later on..

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    I've stopped using arrows for some tasks. I now throw a torch to destroy cursed items and to set an oil jar on fire, just to spare some arrows.
    They may come in handy later on..

Yes that's one way to save arrows and i also do that but be honest that's not the way it's suppose to be right. We should be able to make our own arrows just like in AC Odyssey.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@patricia81994 This is the first AC game I've played actually. Cause it was the Viking theme and a map in Norway I just had to buy it 😊
    But I really enjoy this game except for the bugs that is, and if an arrow crafting mechanic was introduced I wouldn't mind it at all.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 This is the first AC game I've played actually. Cause it was the Viking theme and a map in Norway I just had to buy it 😊
    But I really enjoy this game except for the bugs that is, and if an arrow crafting mechanic was introduced I wouldn't mind it at all.

Ah i see ... but if you ever get bored of this game you should definitely give Odyssey a chance it's really good. ☺
    Yes the bugs they can be really annoying and no me neither i hope arrow crafting will be introduced very soon.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@patricia81994 My son is playing Odyssey and a somewhat a fan of AC....so maybe, will see after I finished everything that is in this game.
    My most anticipated game the next year would be the GoW part 2...can't wait ☺

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics