ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• cawatrooper9
    Original poster 38 posts

It's been a few weeks, so I just wanted to provide a bit of feedback on the new forums.

Here's my take so far:

Positives-
    Spam seems to be filtered out a lot more effectively

Sorting and watching features are a lot more intuitive

Navigation makes sense, though it does take some time to get used to

Negatives-

Threads listed take up way too much space, 2 or three times as much as the old forums, meaning that you can see less threads at a time. Maybe this is for accessibility, otherwise I definitely prefer the old layout.

While the ability to directly reply to someone is nice, the way that it's laid out (with a Reply below the post, as well as its own post later) is confusing and kind of redundant.

Still not sure how to note spoiler content. Also, I don't see a spoiler subforum yet.

I'm sure I'll have more to add later. Thanks for looking for feedback on this!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• cawatrooper9
    Original poster 38 posts

@cawatrooper9

Thought of a few new things-

1) I'm having to bump my post (I know 😶 ) because of the ten minute edit time. I can see how an edit limit is useful, but I'll have to be a little more okay with users posting sequentially in the same thread now.

2) The automatic notifications are working pretty well for me so far.

3) Just a small thing, but the main page of the forums has four options: "News and Announcements", "General Discussion", "Community Generated Content", and "Player Support". You can also expand to "2 More Subcategories", which are "Off Topic" and "Forum Feedback", but doing so just shows the original four with an option to scroll right for the new two. Seems like that could possibly be streamlined by just having all the topics on the scroll be the default, if that makes sense and is even possible.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey @cawatrooper9! Please accept my sincere apologies that your thread was not acknowledged or replied to until now. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to document your thoughts and feedback on our new Discussions forums here in the forum feedback section.

I'm glad to hear that you're a fan of the new spam management system, the sorting and watching features, the navigation around the site, as well as the new notifications system. If you do have any ideas for improvements or new features, though, don't hesitate to let us know! I'll try to address each of the issues you've raised below, and then if needed, we can chat about these a bit more.

Threads take up too much space:
    Since the time of your post, we introduced our new "list view" feature which compacts the thread cards down, and allows more threads to be viewed at once. You can enable this from the right-hand meatball menu by toggling the list view slider to "on"!

Nested replies as well as thread replies:
    We've had a few users comment on this, and have forwarded all of this feedback about replies appearing both nested and within the thread. I've now added your comments on this to the conversation as well. The nested replies are meant to improve the ease of accessing direct replies if some have been posted much later than the original post, but as it seems to be causing confusion or doesn't feel useful to some users, the team are looking at this already! Thank you. 🙂

Spoilers:
    You can either add spoiler tags the manual way by adding three colons (:::) on each side of your spoiler content, or you can highlight the content you want to hide behind a spoiler tag and click on the small 👁 icon next to the emoji icon. There is no spoiler subforum for Valhalla.

Editing time restriction:
    We're happy to review this restriction and consider increasing the time limit if needed. Bumping threads is still against our forum rules, so we don't want this restriction to encourage or force this. What sort of time scale would you think to be more appropriate or useful?

Category carousel:
    I must admit, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this one! On the homepage, you can click the "right" arrow to scroll across to the remaining forum categories, or else click on the small right-hand dot beneath the carousel to be taken to the second "page" of categories. Are you saying you would like them to be controlled by a scroll bar instead? Or that all six appear on the front page, but smaller? Any clarification you can offer on this subject would be helpful, and then I can pass your comments forward for consideration! 🙂

Official Response
  • cawatrooper9
    Original poster 38 posts

Hi @Ubi-Woofer ,

Thanks!

I'll check out list view and the spoiler tag. spoiler

I'm not entirely sure either what was going wrong with the carousel for me a few months ago 😝
    Could've just been user-error, or me not being familiar with the system, but I feel like there was some extra clicking needed at the time. Not sure if that's changed, or I'm just a little more familiar with the system now.

Thanks!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Seems like you got the spoiler functionality working, @cawatrooper9, so that's great! I hope that it's helpful to allow you to discuss game content without fear of spoiling it for anyone. 🙂

Do let me know if you encounter any issues with the carousel again in the future, or if you have any additional feedback to share! I'll be happy to pass on any further comments.

Official Response

Suggested Topics