0 Likes/1 Replies/44 ViewsOriginal poster XxKreavenxX 15 posts
Will update this if needed as I continue to progress.
First what I love
+++ Content - there is tons of it. I get that not everyone likes to much. But I do. At 61 hours in I am 51% complete. Likely could have beaten the game already but I love to explore.
++ Good story thus far with interesting side quests. Have to say, i was not expecting the nudists camp. Though they were not nude lol.
++ Visuals are absolutely amazing
+ Combat is fun and engaging. Each enemy type takes different strategies.
+ Town management is good. Would love to see more small side quests within the town.
+ Voice acting is spot on, atleast for the male Eivor
Now for the Cons and with luck things that could possible change in the future
-- Bugs and Glitches. There is no shortage of them.
- Killing an enemy can lead to an animation for a different sized enemy. For instance, I knocked a guy down, and performed the from the back neck break. Only his head was 6 inches away from where I was holding since he was not one of the giants
- Recruits having male voices even if they are female.
- Asking Randvi is she is ok keeps repeating not allowing progress (I submitted the video to dev team already on this.)
- NPC in Essex referred to me as she while I am playing a male. Was part of the main essexe quest. (keeping it vague as I don't know how to cover spoilers.
- Random crashes (61 hours in and have suffered 4. Not bad, but I have heard horror stories from others.)
The above is just what I have experienced.
-- Lack of any ability to sort inventory
-- Bag is getting out of hand with the number of runes. Please make it so that when a run is equipped it does not show in the bag.
-- Allow previews of weapon/armor upgrades prior to upgrade. Many will choose looks over functionality. I was trying to choose to between 2 hammers and didn't know which would like better or worse. Only had resources to upgrade 1. Ended up googling, not hard but should not be needed.
-- Loaning out your captain seems useless. In 4 days, I have made 100 coins. Perhaps this could be better done with skills, or the ability to customize more?
-- Looting bodies seems pointless with no gear drops. I am curious as to why, the team decided to go from 1 extreme with Odyssey loot to the opposite extreme with Valhalla.
-- No transmog. I really liked that about Odyssey, this allowed me to use the set I wanted while getting the look that I wanted. There are set bonus's that fit my play style and that I SHOULD be using. But I don't because I simply do not like how it looks, regardless of the upgrade level.