Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• santination
    Original poster 1 posts

Dear Ubisoft.
    I have been enjoying AC Valhalla on Ubisoft+, but here are some thoughts for the future.
    The game is awesome, it's just so good, and graphically the first time RDR2 has been challenged. The animation is grounded and amazing, voice acting it generally brilliant, and quests are great (I LOVE the lack of hand holding.....proper feeling of accomplishment).
    However......please, please explain why the fitite parts ate still there? This is even worse thanks to the 4th wall breaking sequences. These have, for many iterations, just totally spoiled the game, utterly taking you out of the moment. I genuinely dont know a single person who likes these sections.
    I dont really like RPG's that much....and Oddyesy had it worst of all.....hit a character 2 levels above directly with a sword 100 times and barely a scratch, then come back after 30 mins of grind and they die easily. These mechanics serve only to draw put the game.....the first AC was amazing BECAUSE it shunned this mechanic. Adding the ability to turn on instant kills with the hidden blade was a god send, however it would be amazing if this could be extended further if the player chose too and we went back to the old system too.
    You make the most amazing worlds (WD Legion is also amazing, and counting down to FC6), but shoe horning RPG mechanics into EVERYTHING because of the success of the Witcher is getting REALLY old.
    So please.....ditch the crappy future nonsense and say goodbye to the templars (we were so close to a Last Kingdom / Vikings epic game), and tame the RPG mechanics.....some of us grew up in games, and now have families and jobs so dont have 100 hours to put into a game.....30-40 works for me when the worlds are as amazing as Valhalla.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Elearon
    42 posts

@santination I disagree. The future, the Isu, the animus, are all part of Assassin's Creed and I was really happy to see them included in this game. I'm 25+ hours in and I've got to do a couple glitch jumping puzzles and hear whispers from another time, I love it. The 'world is an illusion' premise is as old as philosophy and it's fun to play with that in AC. I'm not in far enough to know if they've also expanded on the hints, in the last game, that Layla's world may also be a simulation.

I might encourage you to watch some gameplay of the older titles on Youtube, to remind yourself of the story with the Isu, as it is really interesting if you give it some attention and don't treat it like a distraction from the game.

• PeacekeeperSun
    27 posts

The Animus is part of Assassin's Creed.
    They need to bring back what made this game great, because right now it's like all the rest of the crap out there.

• SpiritpPotato
    11 posts

I mean, that's literally the entire premise of the series you're talking about. I don't think they're gonna be ditching that any time soon. Or ever.

• Gamebent
    26 posts

@santination I don't mind the Animus parts in the game, but I hate, hate, hate when I'm forced to leave the animus and run around with extremely limited abilities in a future performing chores that takes me out of the experience that I'm actually enjoying. I was literally [censored] off the first time in happened in AC:V.
    I've played every single AC since the original, so I know the story and the importance of the Animus. I just wish I didn't have to leave the fun experience to do the slog in the future.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

The Animus is part of the story of Assassin's Creed, so no, I do not see it disappearing anytime soon. Nor should it. It gives depth to the in-game world. I enjoy it.

• Mac-70-
    19 posts

I think they need to ditch the baggage that is AC, after all AC died a few games back. This could have been one hell of a game with out all that half [censored] AC tacked on. Away to get my hard hat now ;).

• TheGrimReeferzz
    44 posts

@santination first this game has not challenged RDR2 and never will .

But all your other points I agree .
    Great viking idea that has been ruined by the Assassins creed title and elements .

Valhalla should of been the start to a great new franchise . Instead they got lazy again and recycled used assets

• TheGrimReeferzz
    44 posts

@mac-70 yes yes and yes ! This game should of been its own title ! It's been let down by lazy Devs who have used an old title to boost sales because it's a loved and recognised franchise (Assassin's Creed)

The game is in no way Assassin's Creed , the only thing Assassin's Creed about this game is the title and the lazy recycled mechanics

• Mac-70-
    19 posts

@thegrimreeferzz

True, i'm still teary eyed by the OP comparing it too RDR II, thankfully i wasn't drinking my tea when reading it :).

• TheGrimReeferzz
    44 posts

@mac-70 haha I no right ! Okay RDR2 online is terrible , well atleast when I played it but that was a long time ago but the single player was a master piece that should never be compaired to .

Rockstar or CD Project red should of made this viking game just imagine what it come of been . There is a reason why they are great game developers because the players come first and they have a huge reputation to hold . Ubisofts reputation has been terrible since they started so they can't really get any worse then wat they already are .

Great game developers delay games (cyberpunk) because they no it's not the master piece they want it to be but ubisofts attitude - " Christmas is around the corner and I need to buy presents , I don't care the product is not finished and unstable just give me my bloody money !!!!"

• AnimatedJester
    11 posts

@santination The first AC was terrible in so many ways and the combat was one of them. Once you learned to parry it was a snore fest. Not to mention that there were like.... 3 mission types in that game (follow and beat up, listen in to conversation, steal info off someone) and next to no real story except for what we got outside of the Animus in the first place. At least in the newer titles I don't feel pressured to stealth around all the time and can actually Fight without holding a button to just win every fight. It wasn't until Black flag that the parry system really took a huge nerf bat and actually required a bit more mental capacity to pull off.

I really recommend you go play through AC 1 again and then tell me how it is superior to the changes they have made since then.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics