Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/8 Replies/144 Views
    Kuratoro
    Original poster 97 posts

Some of my suggestions for the forums:

1. We (forum users) need to be able to "close" our own topics. Now we can only delete them. But I want to be able to close my own topics on player support which I've resolved (thanks to my own research or other players for instant). Now we only have the option to delete them, but making it possible for other players to be able to acces these "resolved / closed" topics of mine will help them as well! And if they are helped without making a topic of their own this makes your jobs easier!
    2. I honestly don't know if this is a bug or that his has been added on purpose, but if its on purpose please undo it. It is really annoying! I am talking about the fact that I can still see deleted topics as some kind of transparent topic?? Really weird and confusing. (Screen about this: https://gyazo.com/47a48746f17f34dd3e018c8cae736382)
    3. This whole forever scrolling thing on the forums isn't doing it for me. And if the other posts in this forum section are any indication, I am not the only one who thinks this way about the endless scrolling! It is very hard to find stuff because of the illogical layout of these forums! There are a lot of things that could better this. Let me give some examples:
    • Some forums should be divided into more seperate parts. For example player support could use a "Bugg Report" and a "Questions" section seperate from each other!
    • For the scrolling I suggest making like a page 1 out of ... system, where there are maybe like 20 posts per page or something. This way you can navigate much better to older posts etc. etc.
    • For the forums itself I suggest making the "front page" more "clickable" where its easier to find certain subforums. Let me just send a screenshot from a forum of another game (but honestly many forums look like this because its orderly and accessible). The thing is, this way (The way it looks in the screenshot) it takes 1 look at your screen to find the right place on the forums. Not 1000 hours of scrolling..

Screenshot: undefined

To other players; please let me know what you think about these suggestions
    To Ubisoft; Please react to the feedback, I would like to know what you think as well. Reacting to the feedback makes us more inclined to post more feedback! (I am saying this because I feel pretty ignored by Ubisoft on some of my forum posts. I know y'all are busy but cmn!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kuratoro
    Original poster 97 posts

2 Other points of feedback I've forgotten to add:

4. The fact that this point 4 needs to be done in a reaction to my original post is also kinda the whole reason of this point. WHY ONLY 5 MINUTES TO CHANGE MY OWN TOPIC? No but really! What is the point of that. We should be able to edit our own topic without any time limit. If I find a typo, or my situation in a bug report changes. I much rather just edit the post then make a whole different one! This just adds to the confusion that the forum layout (as described in point 3 of my forum feedback) is already making!
    5. This function to "unfold" a reply under a post has 0 function. In fact this also adds to the confusion of this forum! Because all it does is duplicate the already shown reaction!
    (Screenshot to clarify point 5:)
    undefined

• Kuratoro
    Original poster 97 posts

EDIT:
    In point 1 I talk about deleting your own post, turns out we can't even do that (after 300 seconds which brings be back to point 4)!.. So you could see it as a point 6 of feedback I guess? Or an added part to point 1 of feedback; let us delete, close or "resolve" our own posts!

• cavveman
    75 posts

They have changed the 5 minute to 10 minutes. I discovered that to yesterday. I mentioned it in this comment: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77325/new-forum-are-bad/10

• Kuratoro
    Original poster 97 posts

@cavveman Still not enough though, why a time limit at all? No point in that

• cavveman
    75 posts

@kuratoro

Well, it's a step in the right direction.
    Have you tried the infinite scroll in your phone? I recommend you to try it. It's a nightmare. The screen flickers. The sidebars pops up sometimes also when you change direction from scrolling down to up and to down again.
    Well, it behaves like that in firefox mobile(android).

And I agree with all your suggestions/feedback.
    Plus my own suggestions in the topic i created.

• cavveman
    75 posts

Infinite scrolling can be disabled actually.
    Go to the forum settings. Look up the setting pagination.

undefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello to you both!

Thank you both for taking the time to reach out to us with your feedback about our new Discussions forums in this section. I'll do my best to address all of your ideas / issues raised below; if you have any additional ideas, or if you need assistance with an issue, please don't hesitate to reply to me again! 🙂

@Kuratoro - I'll answer your ideas in a numbered format below to make things a bit neater -
    1A. I've added your comments regarding being able to close your own threads to our existing conversation with the developers. Thank you for your input.
    2A. Are you able to see a lot of these "transparent" threads? If so, could you provide an additional fullscreen image showing at least one thread in this format? The one in your image was deleted, so to my knowledge should not be visible to you unless it is your own thread. I'll chase this up with the developers if you're still experiencing this and can provide me with an image!
    3A/5A. You can enable pagination for posts / threads from your forum settings if you wish; to do so, open the right-hand meatball menu and visit the "settings" page. There, you can enable the pagination option as well as customise your browsing and notification experiences further (amongst others). You can choose the number of posts / threads you'd like to see on a page as well, up to a maximum of 20. Thanks @cavveman for sharing how to do this in visual form already!
    4A. Rather than splitting down our categories into smaller components, we've opted for a "tag" approach on these forums. Players when creating a thread in each section can add the most appopriate tags that suit their query / issue. This allows support agents such as myself and members of the Community Team to sort through the contacts we receive. If you have additional feedback on this, please let me know!
    6A. The image / link you tried to embed to demonstrate a more "clickable" homepage seems to no longer be available. 😞 I'd be interested to take a look if you can provide an alternative image or link to one. What kind of alternative appearances would you like instead of the category carousel at the top of the homepage as well, if any?
    7A. As @cavveman mentioned in their reply to you, it is currently possible to edit your post for up to ten minutes after it has been posted, as we previously extended the time from five minutes to ten. I saw from your posts that you believe an infinite window to edit your own posts would be best. If not infinite, what sort of time scale would you find most reasonable?
    8A. To clarify regarding nested replies and thread replies - if you directly reply to the thread, it will not be nested under any particular post. However, if you reply directly to another forum user, it will nest beneath their post. So, if someone replies much later to a particular person, the nested replies allow that reply to be viewed clearly in connection with the reply it was directed to. I hope this clarifies things! We have already passed forward feedback from some other users that having one or the other could perhaps be better however (entirely nested, or no nesting at all).
    9A. You should be able to delete your posts / threads within one month of posting them; if this is not the case, and you can provide a screenshot showing this, I'll be happy to take a closer look with the forum developers. If you wish to have something deleted after this time, please contact a member of staff such as myself.

@cavveman - Can you please confirm whether you are still experiencing these issues with flickering backgrounds / sidebars reacting too sensitively on Firefox on mobile? In this dedicated megathread for browsing / navigation issues on Firefox, I was recently advised that the issues some other players had been having with Firefox were resolved, so I'm very interested to hear whether your mobile experience has also improved.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics