Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpiritpPotato
    Original poster 11 posts

I can see why replacing the level system with "power" makes some sense in terms of the context, but honestly the two skill points every level and the countless minuet little upgrades you have to make to get to a certain skill just feel exhausting to me. Leveling up should feel like a reward, but it always just feels like a chore to me in this game. Every time I get a new point, I have to think about what path I want to put it in, which tree of that path, what I'm trying to work for, etc, I might not even know what I'm going towards because that path hasn't been revealed. I honestly end up just ignoring level ups half the time because I don't want to have to think about where to spend my points, and it ends up just being an annoying interruption of gameplay. Am I alone here?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Elearon
    42 posts

I disagree, I like the new level system, it reminds me a lot of 'Path of Exile'. You 'power up' much more quickly in this game than you did Odyssey, so you're getting tiny bonuses more often intead of waiting until end game to pile those little things on because there's nothing else left (as they did with the last two games). Plotting the direction of your character and planning how to achieve the benefits you want, while revealing hidden options, is part of the gameplay. It makes leveling a little more engaging than it was in Odyssey.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@spiritppotato
    I prefer it. Especially since we don’t have a level scaling option yet. I hate the skill tree fog as it’s just an annoyance but I like having to currently plan a little more to get what I want. Several skills I want are in different trees so I prioritize and get a little of this or that. Maybe when I’m power 200 or something and I can get all I want it’ll be dumb but I enjoy it now. I play unarmed so without benefit of weapons and runes the slightest bit of help is welcome. Biggest thing I don’t do is stress over it. I pick a major skill I want and go for it, regardless of the little pickups along the way.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

@spiritppotato god no oddysseys level system sucked.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

Short answer noooooo !!!!

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

There were endless complaints about Odyssey's system.

• VenrisSFO
    15 posts

Please no.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Only thing I do see the same: Remove that fog.

Otherwise I prefer Valhallas skill system a lot more.

• Sam_Boo26
    148 posts

I honestly like both options, but I think it's fun to have something different this time, and it's interesting to have such a huge skill tree.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@sam_boo26 Resetting your points and take paths you actually play with and which benefit your playstyle is so fun. 🙂 And you actually feel being way more powerful by actually selecting stuff benefitting your playstyle.

• VenrisSFO
    15 posts

Only thing that I would like back is option to upscale enemy levels.

• Vlerk2020
    25 posts

The Odyssey and Origins skills were great, the level system not so much.. but Valhalla is more of the same in every branch you go.

You can't see where you are going, what skills you wan't to get to, and it's +2 melee, +2 ranged or +2 stealth damage in general in every tree.. so it doesn't matter if you go left, right, up or down it's all the same.

Would be better if you have 30 skills like we used to (melee, ranged, assassin - visible !!), with 6 (tiny) upgrades for that specific skill, where you need 6 points for a upgrade.

So let's say *bow multi shot* upgrade 1 in *increase area effect range - upgrade 2 *increase damage 15% - upgrade 3 *increase CRIT 20% - upgrade 4 *for every crit get 1 arrow back - upgrade 5 *skill recharge reduced by 20% - upgrade 6 *use ODIN thunder arrows - and so on etc.. so all upgrades cost 6 power points.

Something like this - i don't like this system we have now and at level 80 i felt i could go anywhere and kill everything in the world without to much trouble.

Anyway, i quit the game already 28% in and waiting for a huge PATCH to FIX this game. 😠

• GhostAgent14
    68 posts

Similar to what others have said here so far, I love the level system of Valhalla, but I do wish the whole skill tree would be visible.

• Elearon
    42 posts

@souldrinkerlp The fog is only going to be an issue that first time you play, after that you'll know where to go in order to get what you want for your character and in Game+ you'll have uncovered most everything, anyway. For that first playthrough, though, it adds a little mystery and excitement. I get a little thrill each time I unlock another part of the skill map, even if I have no interest in the skill it revealed.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@elearon Biggest problem probably is, if you reset all your skill points, close the menu and reopen it, the fog is back there again. 🙂

• GhostAgent14
    68 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    Oh wow!! Thank you for the heads up about that. I will NOT be resetting the skill tree then. Lol

• Elearon
    42 posts

@souldrinkerlp Really? Okay, that's dumb.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

@venrissfo I agree. As it stands now I have a power level in the 130's and the game has become way too easy. I'm nearly 60 hours in and have done mostly side stuff and it's to my detriment now. I'm currently doing the main story quests and I'm over powered and the combat has become trivial in the power level 20 and 55 areas. So dumb, all the options available yet the most important one - level scaling isn't even an option.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@ghostagent14

You can actually unveil it all by unlocking 1 branch at a time, resetting once you run out of points, then rinse and repeat till all branches are unveiled.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@onikagi

Make your skill power level equal to the region you are in.

For example, if you're in a 160 skill power area, don't put more than 160 in.

They still need scaling, but that fix seems to suffice.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics