Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VenrisSFO
    15 posts

Only thing that I would like back is option to upscale enemy levels.

• Vlerk2020
    25 posts

The Odyssey and Origins skills were great, the level system not so much.. but Valhalla is more of the same in every branch you go.

You can't see where you are going, what skills you wan't to get to, and it's +2 melee, +2 ranged or +2 stealth damage in general in every tree.. so it doesn't matter if you go left, right, up or down it's all the same.

Would be better if you have 30 skills like we used to (melee, ranged, assassin - visible !!), with 6 (tiny) upgrades for that specific skill, where you need 6 points for a upgrade.

So let's say *bow multi shot* upgrade 1 in *increase area effect range - upgrade 2 *increase damage 15% - upgrade 3 *increase CRIT 20% - upgrade 4 *for every crit get 1 arrow back - upgrade 5 *skill recharge reduced by 20% - upgrade 6 *use ODIN thunder arrows - and so on etc.. so all upgrades cost 6 power points.

Something like this - i don't like this system we have now and at level 80 i felt i could go anywhere and kill everything in the world without to much trouble.

Anyway, i quit the game already 28% in and waiting for a huge PATCH to FIX this game. 😠

• GhostAgent14
    71 posts

Similar to what others have said here so far, I love the level system of Valhalla, but I do wish the whole skill tree would be visible.

• Elearon
    42 posts

@souldrinkerlp The fog is only going to be an issue that first time you play, after that you'll know where to go in order to get what you want for your character and in Game+ you'll have uncovered most everything, anyway. For that first playthrough, though, it adds a little mystery and excitement. I get a little thrill each time I unlock another part of the skill map, even if I have no interest in the skill it revealed.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@elearon Biggest problem probably is, if you reset all your skill points, close the menu and reopen it, the fog is back there again. 🙂

• GhostAgent14
    71 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    Oh wow!! Thank you for the heads up about that. I will NOT be resetting the skill tree then. Lol

• Elearon
    42 posts

@souldrinkerlp Really? Okay, that's dumb.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

@venrissfo I agree. As it stands now I have a power level in the 130's and the game has become way too easy. I'm nearly 60 hours in and have done mostly side stuff and it's to my detriment now. I'm currently doing the main story quests and I'm over powered and the combat has become trivial in the power level 20 and 55 areas. So dumb, all the options available yet the most important one - level scaling isn't even an option.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@ghostagent14

You can actually unveil it all by unlocking 1 branch at a time, resetting once you run out of points, then rinse and repeat till all branches are unveiled.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@onikagi

Make your skill power level equal to the region you are in.

For example, if you're in a 160 skill power area, don't put more than 160 in.

They still need scaling, but that fix seems to suffice.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

@ultimatepowa Thanks for the info! I will try that, good idea, I appreciate the tip.

• Elearon
    42 posts

@ultimatepowa Generally, what I do is look ahead at the next skill I want. I work toward that and choose a path along the way that will let me easily reveal something new. I spend the (usually 1) point to reveal the new area and if it doesn't have anything I want, I either keep the tiny bonus or refund it and spend the point elsewhere.

• CdnTDog
    12 posts

I with those that disagree. What was tried in Odyssey never really clicked with me. Valhalla's seems infinitely better. Getting around the map makes more sense, planning is easier and how everything is unfolding, in my eyes, is great. I was worried about levels when I say level 250, but as you increase your power level at a pretty steady rate, I think it will make sense near endgame. The only thing with leveling in absolutely hate is the fog of war effect in the powers menu. I guess it's not a huge deal as you can respec for free anytime, but for a planner...it's a nightmare lol.

• paviu7
    18 posts

No No No No No
    The new skill tree is genius. People who like to tinker with builds can have a fun time. It's much more interesting than no brainer design. It doesn't require 300 IQ thinking process either. It is straighforward. Those who don't want to build a character but follow the easiest path to development just commit to one tree and keep spending points there. Once you fully unlock one tree, focus on skills in other trees that complete your build. You play a lot with bow? Go wolf and buy ranged damage, You don't parry a lot and prefer evasion? Go raven. It's simple as that.

Btw if you dislike the most recent skill you bought you can always reset a few skill points by right clicking them. You don't have to reset the whole tree. If you only reset a part then the path remains visible to you.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@elearon Even more engaging it is to actually look up buffs which fit your playstyle and avoid taking ones which don't benefit you. Like the armor set buffs you can level. Finding ways to the skills you want with avoiding these buffs is actually fun. And you get a pretty weird skill tree in the end. Sadly for some skills you can't find a way around skilling some buffs you really don't need.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@onikagi

Anytime man, the game requires a bit of self control I find as it allows you to become overpowered lol

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

What I would love is more connections between nodes so you can circumvent certain nodes not fitting your playstyle better 🙂

• Flanker1Six
    39 posts

Developers could ditch all leveling up, tiered whatever, perks, and abilities (oh yea.....................and fetch quests and bosses/mini bosses!) as far as I'm concerned. Kingdom Come Deliverance is certainly the best action/RPG in my experience for it's more real world grounding and no fantasy, magic gimmickery......................I'm likely in the minority with that preference though.

If I gotta endure the leveling, tiered what not, and magical mystery tour stuff-------ACV has got it wwaayy over Odyssey; which was a boring, tedious, tiered slog I never finished. I still don't like the way we (our Player Character) is pretty much locked out of the open game world in ACV by virtue of much higher ranked enemies "just across" the border. Maybe that's harder to avoid than I think when you combine an open world with a fairly linear story/plot.

Beautiful Ubi game world as usual though!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@flanker1six
    Pssst. You are not alone. I would love for going a tidbit more back to the roots too. We don't need these magical skills and level system at all. The game would also work without it. It's pretty artifical.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

No. Remove it entirely in the next game and put a horizontal progression and map system like in RDR2(cause they already dipped their toes in the water with the world events/activities). No level gating regions, no player and npc levels, playstyle should depend on gear and not skill trees(AC:Unity, BOTW)and enemy difficulty should be based on AI skill and not in thick [censored] health bars.
    A lite, incomplete, sorry excuse of an RPG system from the last 3 games only makes it feel cheap. Cruising down a river and having 2 sides be at 2 drastically different levels is so stupid it isn't even funny.

That said I'm liking Valhalla way more that Origins and Odyssey. The damage sponges have been mitigated and Eivor's gameplay animations are sick. The power level is still not the best, but it beats Odyssey's mindless MMO, sponge grindfest by a long shot.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics