Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@adarklore

I mean no offense, but what are you doing in this thread then? Huge open world games like Valhalla are built to cater to all sorts of players. Difficulty levels are there to accommodate for hardcore and casual players alike. The devs did a great job at making the game easy and accessible. So that's done. You should be happy.

What this thread is about, is the OPTION for a more challnging experience, which YOU DON'T NEED to use. That's it.

• ImaginaryRuins
    375 posts

I mostly played on Normal - those boss fights I often had to switch to Easy because their powers were much higher than mine and I died in 1 or 2 hits. Those Zealots also played quite unfairly so I played on Easy against them.

But by the time I reached power 400, I switched to Very Hard and did not feel the difficulty spike. When facing multiple bears however they could still kill me.

Overall I think the game difficulty is just right, but the balancing can really use some adjustment.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@adarklore I'm the same, I don't do puzzles - if I can't figure something out relatively quickly, I'm heading to the internet.
    I remember the gaming days where we had puzzles but no internet to cheat off of - - if you were stuck on a puzzle, your game was over till you figured it out. 💀💀
    But alot of players keep asking for puzzles & mysteries to solve in these games plus I realize that everything can't just be easy to get either.
    We're not all going to be catered to in one game - it's not going to be everything for everyone.
    I have time for it right now so I'm just enjoying the ride 😃

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

@prodigurl My mother (who is the one who started my sister and me gaming) would order the strategy guides when we got stuck in a game back in the 80s. She was big on strategy guides for just about everything. We even had one for the Rubik’s Cube. Lol.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@dreadgrrl Great to see you again 😄
    Ya and in my case, I could never afford those game guides 😕 Me & my sister used to play Super Nintendo & some PC games together in the late 90's & we got stuck on a few games & panicked till we could figure it out together. We'd try EVERYTHING lol.
    At least the internet had just started so we did poke around on Yahoo for any shed of info.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@duskdragon56496 I played Witcher 3 on Game Pass for the first time about 8 mos ago and outside of the story & characters being great, I didn't like the game much. I ended up deleting it and not going too far in it.
    But that's how it is with games . . people get really partial and emotionally attached that way.
    I definitely have - like Far Cry 5, it's probly my favorite FC game (tied with 3) - while others think it's total crap. lol

• JCar4327
    603 posts

@prodigurl I loved Far Cry 5 and the follow up game Far Cry New Dawn. Can't wait for Far Cry 6 in February. I have played all of them but the first one and have to say I thought 5 was the best in the franchise.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@jcar4327 NICE!! I was playing FC New Dawn when Valhalla came out so I put it away to play AC & Cyberpunk but due to Cyberpunk's failures, I'm going back to New Dawn after I finish Valhalla.
    When they patch up Cyberpunk properly I'll play that. The FC5 soundtrack was amazing - it really made the game for me

• JCar4327
    603 posts

@prodigurl I enjoyed every part of the game. I especially loved how they made suppressors actually work like suppressors. Loved being able to sit up on a hill overlooking a camp and take out everyone without being spotted. I just wish they would have used the fishing model from there in Valhalla. So much better.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@jcar4327 Great point, I agree it would of been a nice way to fish

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

I am way above lvl areas as well. Playing on hardest setting but punishing myself for not using skill points in order to make the game harder again feels totally counter productive.
    What am i playing the game for if i cant unlock abilities etc. It just baffles me that they didnt improve the game as a whole compared to odyssey. The game was way to easy there and then they make it even more easy in their next game, how is that for logic?

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@asgardian02 Becuz Odyssey took awhile to improve in the same issues with that system.
    Each time they change the system/mechanics, this will probably be happening w/ combat. But it's still alot better than the old AC games where ai was stupid and you could wipe out a whole room pretty easily.
    And remember how many people complained about how hard Odyssey was? I don't doubt they wanted to make it easier to overlevel yourself now.

• Gergid
    27 posts

Agree the points were made about this issue.

When the main reward you gain for exploring the game and live in it's world is an extra issue which you need to solve by your own if you want to enjoy the game further it means that the game is not balanced properly at least for "completionist" players.

I realized this when literally annihilated a whole fort by myself without taking any damage.

Probably I will reset my skill points as well. Next arc will be Sciropescire which is power level 130 while I'm already close to 260.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@prodigurl

not sure why you keep priasing a newer game and compare it to an older game. The ai is still very bad, just look at doom eternal its also a game from 2020 but the enemies are way smarter then in this game.
    In valhalla they lieterally takes turns hitting you.

if a company doesnt improves itself based on past games its pretty sad.

Unfortunatly most games are shooters and i am sucker for melee combat and there isnt a lot of options.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

if you can make use of skills and abilities in a game because the game is to easy even on hardsets difficulty that thats a serious problem.

Part of the games fun is to unlock abilities and skin, but to gimp yourself in such a way cos the game is to otherwise is no fun.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

Take into consideration that the game introduces us to things like stamina, dodging, parrying, attacking, running out of stamina when dodging or missing an attack, regaining stamina on a light attack, etc. There are mechanics in place that the developers intended for us to make proper use of in the game.

The point I am making here, is when the player outpaces the areas/enemies power level then the the player takes less damage, deals more damage, and can essentially play as sloppily as they want to. Consequently, what ends up happening here is that the player IGNORES the very game mechanics the developers set out for us to use.

When you are at power level 160 and are still doing stuff that is power level 90 or lower - that is a problem. It's a problem because you can completely ignore game mechanics, which further begs the question. Why even bother introducing us to these game mechanics if we are going to end up ignoring them altogether because of a flawed leveling system?

That's where enemy level scaling comes into play. In Origins it was a toggleable feature that was added later after the games release. In Odyssey level scaling was baked into the game from the get go.

Not using skill points is a counterintuitive solution to the overall problem with how progression is handled. I find it odd in a game that boasts all its options and customization features with it's settings - everything from instant assassinations to stealth detection to exploration and combat difficulty - that there is no option for level scaling. It is quite absurd actually.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@onikagi Nicely explained.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@onikagi

part of the entire problem is also the fact that gaining xp is way to easy.
    Then also you can only unlock mastery lvl system once everything is filled. yet there are plenty of nodes within the tree that i dont have any need for, yet i am forced to fill, why is that.

Why cant i just fill and take the nodes i really want and then start filling the remainder of points into mastery points. That would make more sense.
    I am also missing the percentage of what exactly mastery points offer me, that information is not given.

I am really am not bothered with stamina, has never been a problem in this game and i never even watch. Block and parry is in the game, parry is nice, but block i never use, as it just slows the already pretty boring fights you have.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

@asgardian02 The point I am trying to drive home is that if you can just run around with reckless abandon and swing you axe once or twice killing mobs. Then why even bother us with the mechanics? Just make it a mindless hack and slash with no regards to any of the systems. Might as well get rid of stamina altogether then.

I'll take it a step further, why bother even assassination when I can do it faster running around axing enemies to death in one or two attacks? See the issue? The risk/reward is absent here. There is no point in playing the one-hit one-kill assassination route when combat does the same thing only faster. Combat should be brutal and satisfying in it's own way. The way to achieve that is to make the players engage in it's combat mechanics - which at this point it is failing to do for various reasons. One of them being the absence of level scaling. I also take issue regarding how fast enemies can detect the player in Valhalla, but that's a whole other can of worms.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@onikagi

i understand you perfectly well, no need to go further, i was merely adding my own stuff to it..

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics