Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Onikagi
    7 posts

@asgardian02 Fair enough, and I do agree with you regarding how skill nodes are handled as well.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@onikagi

On odyssey forums, the devs hardly replied or interacted, but compared to the valhalla forums they sure interacted why more.

• Onikagi
    7 posts

@asgardian02 Time will tell if these issues get resolved. I stopped playing Valhalla back in late November (I was playing the new WoW expansion and Cyberpunk 2077) in hopes that by the time January rolled around there would have been significant patching. It's been nearly two whole months since the release of Valhalla and a lot of it's major problems are still here. I understand that covid had played a role in development cycle but at the same time they haven't dragged their feet when it comes to updating the helix store items on a weekly basis. That agitates me.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@onikagi

i understand.

I played odyssey upon a release, and figured i wait 2 months before i buy this game.
    Started playing just before Christmas, unfortunately i didnt wait long enough.

So for their next ac release i will wait till all dlc content is released as well before buying the game.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

Soooo a new patch has been announced. Doesn't seem like there are any balancing improvements. Shame.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@daelosthecat

patch of today was mostly bug fixes

• Gergid
    27 posts

@DaelosTheCat
    Actually there is an enemy upscaling system in the game. Set your skill points to 50 and go to Grantebridgescire or set to 200 and visit Lincoln. All of the enemies will get the red skull despite the fact that your spent skill points are higher than the territory's power level.

• RayMcGirk100
    19 posts

I know I'm late to the party, but I think a lot of game developers can learn from the way that Diablo 3 handled difficulty progression. The seemingly infinite levels of difficulty meant you always had a new obstacle to overcome; even if you didn't like the rest of the game, this is something you rarely see anywhere else. Torment 1 through 13 was the first challenge, and I think they later added more torment levels. The latter challenge was completing greater rifts, and I think there were up to 200 levels, which was completely unattainable without cheating or hacking. But it meant that even the absolute greatest players could tap their limits and push a little more time after time. If they implement this system with a NG+, I can see myself playing this game over and over for a very long time, especially given that you already have mastery levels to consider as you play more and more.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@raymcgirk100

Eaxctly, i have spend many hours into game exactly because of that, but also to find the perfect gear that dropped at random from slain enemies, at much better concept then looting chests honestly.

Also ubisoft could seriously learn from that game how to make a good inventory system, as the ones they have sux big time.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

Is anyone satisfied with the way Ubisoft has "fixed" the level Scaling problem? For me it is still a problem and it is really annoying / unsatisfying that you are able to fight a complete fort of 100 enemies without any problems.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@fgx1988 I haven't played Valhalla in months. Never finished it. Got bored. How exactly did they "fix" the problem?

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@daelosthecat I agree there where no real fix. All they have done was scaling the level a little bit up for all NPCs in low level areas. But it is far not enough to make it a little bit challenging. I wish Ubisoft would give us an a toggle able option in the menu, where you are able to choose between 3 options. 1. Option - no level increase 2. Option - scale enemy level to player level 3. option - scale enemies 50 levels above players level (or whatever is necessary to give theme a red scull icon or whatever, haven't seen a "danger icon" for a while)

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics