Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Letemplierb
    2 posts

During the mission Who is the traitor when finally choosing a traitor which is Galinn, Soma keeps killing Lif. I tested picking the others and still Lif gets killed. No amount of reloading or resetting fixes this bug. Any help would be appreciated.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Soma would ignore the chose traitor is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with Soma and the choice of traitor following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@Letemplierb Thank you for the report.

This is something that we are aware of, and is currently being looked into by the AC team.

Did you follow the trails and investigate the leads within the Town and in the Tunnel?

Official Response
  • Letemplierb
    2 posts

yes, I collected all evidence from the town, the cave, and the longships out in the swamps.
    Thank You

• EngulfedGull9
    1 posts

I have the same issue and I have reloaded and tried again and each time lif is killed instead of galinn.

• Pixot93
    2 posts

After choosing to kill Galinn i said im not sure and missclicked on killing Lif. Now i Cannot kill Galinn anymore. If i choose to kill him it allways kills Lif. On further investigation it appears to be stuck on the person you where about to kill last time and can only be change to a person you were not about to kill. Now I'm stuck on Birna. Unable to continue playing because of this bug.... This appears aparently on PC in my case and ps4 what i was reading on another forum.

• ManfishMcCoy
    16 posts

Did you try reloading to a save from before accidentally naming Lif as the traitor?

• treeder
    5 posts

Same problem here. I pick Galinn and she kills Birna instead.

• Pixot93
    2 posts

@manfishmccoy i understand the bug too late... if i reload last save 8h backwards in gameplay... autosaves all overwriten

• Hydro666
    5 posts

I have experience this issue as well but in the PC version

• Hydro666
    5 posts

I have also had this issue, any updates @Ubi-Spud on the status of this bug?

• Hydro666
    5 posts

Followup, I have tried the following steps to remedy this issue but Briana is still killed even after selecting Galinn:

• Fast Traveling away and back and talking to Soma.
    • Fast Traveling to Norway and back and talking to Soma.
    • Quitting to desktop and reloading and talking to Soma.

Of all of these attempts, Soma still kills Brina after selecting Galinn as the one I would like to accuse. @Ubi-Spud are there any other steps I should be doing to try to remedy this issue?

• mitchthompson94
    2 posts

I choose gallin as the traitor, but soma executes Birna, if I choose lif then she executes lif, if I choose Birna she executes Birna, there is no way to have gallin executed 😞
    This has ruined the game for me

• Strayngel
    83 posts

@mitchthompson94 Did you find all the clues?

• Trayzzy
    2 posts

I have the same problem. No matter who I chose, Soma kills Birna. Tried everything suggested, but it still doesn't work. Ubisoft when is this going to get fixed ?

• Vrotzl
    1 posts

same here, no matter who i choose, she always kills lif, i need a workaround or something

• Aozrarots
    1 posts

@mitchthompson94 Same thing is happening to me, hopefully ubisoft patches this.

• mitchthompson94
    2 posts

I've found all the clues i possibly could including the bucket of paint near the river, and galinn's painted longship, I've spoke to everyone in the town and spoke to all 3 characters, even tried to go back and do a couple other quests before re trying this one, same problem keeps happening 😞 just want Birna to join my clan

• Hydro666
    5 posts

@Ubi-Spud, for what it's worth I have an idea as to what the root cause is:

When selecting a person to accuse for the first time from the dialog tree, the selection color of the text will transition from white to grey, indicating that you already explored that option. My theory is that the person Soma accuses of being a traitor is the most recent person whose dialog tree option transitioned from white to grey as @jebabiah also suggests.

When I was first choosing people to accuse, I first selected Galinn (since it seemed like it was obviously him) so then when Soma asked me to confirm, I said that I needed to think about it more (since I thought that maybe the true traitor would have painted Galinn's boat yellow to throw me off). So I then picked Lif, and then Brina just to see what the dialog would sound like, but then I decided that it must have been Galinn.

Brina was the last choice I picked before all the other options were greyed out, and now she is the only one being consistently killed (since every other characters dialog option is also greyed out).

Also @Ubi-Woofer is there any way we could get this issue tracked in the megathread as well: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/reported-issue-megathreads-please-check-here-if-a-thread-exists-for-your-issue

• RevcoRx
    1 posts

I am having this issue, except I accuse Galinn and Soma kills Lif instead.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@letemplierb Thank you for clarifying that for us.

Would you be able to provide us with a video of this occurring? You can upload that to YouTube and link it here, we can then pass this on to the team.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics