Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OmgThermometer
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer Sorry about that, You should be able to view it now.

• Asrogath
    2 posts

Same issue here - I can´t follow the Story as I won´t accept the disadvantage. Quiet annoying. 😞

• Troban24
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Troban24
    3 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Same problem on PS4. I already have a saved game file ready to send.
    But it seems it's not possible to open a new support case to send these files ??

• sukhjeet.tinny
    2 posts

I am having same problem on my PS5, Soma always kills birna. Loaded a previous save and even restarted my console and took the disc out and then put it back in but the problem persists no matter what, pls fix this issue ASAP! It's been almost a month now

• Smeldy
    4 posts

@sukhjeet-tinny

I've having the exact same problem and have tried everything you have too, PLEASE FIX.

• JustCallMe.Z
    1 posts

What they should do is do it every other game is currently doing and has an update either every week or every two weeks

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

This quest actually had a large, hidden detective portion the game never tells you about. Maybe this will help:

1.At start of traitor determination, talk to ALL npc with dialog bubble in town. They'll alibi Birna and Lif, mention Ubtech camp and an abbey, and a boat being misplaced.

2.Go to the entrance of the hidden escape tunnel to longhouse, just outside town walls. Odin Sight inside and outside the tunnel, including it's entrance. You'll get a dialog update about footprints, yellow paint and an X marker on cave wall, and the direction footprints are going. Follow footprints to the shore and Odin Sight again IIRC.

3.GO to EACH location you found all 3 (Galinn, Birna, Lif). Find each of their boats. Each boat has a plaque on inner hull. Reading it is supposed to tell you whose boat it was (pointless as each boat is near each person). Two of the boats are battered. Galinn's boat is pristine and has yellow paint. Inspecting the paint on it's hull will get an updated investigative scene.

4.Go to Utbech. Quickly clear it and go inside main hut. Use Odin's Sight to see a note in there on a table. Read it. It explains WHY there's yellow paint everywhere.

5.Back when making the choice on the traitor, do NOT chose ANY Birna or Lif dialog options. ZERO evidence points towards them anyways. The dialog box for Soma is split into 2 sections. One is about Galinn, other is a secondary branch (forget what it said, but you get to talk about Galinn and what you found out/discovered or something like that). IF done in the wrong order, Eivor NEVER mentions yellow paint on Galinn's boat.

6.So, at Soma message box, exhaust all Galinn stuff, then back out of Galinn text box choice to the other option IIRC. Exhaust ALL of those choices (minus anything about Birna or Lif). If done correctly, you'll get extra dialog about Galinn's boat and the note from Utbech and Soma will look pained. If done in wrong order, need to select the greyed out choices again for the dialog until it updates with extra info on boat and Galinn. Done wrong, they'll never actually connect the dots of his boat and yellow paint despite Eivor finding all the info. Poorly executed on dev's part.

PITA to get this as the game never tells you the hidden detective steps exist and about the note in Ubtech or the abbey are found if you are paying attention to the town npc. I fumbled through myself but kept at it when I discovered the yellow paint on the boat but Eivor refused to mention anything. Realizing something was off, I kept at the dialog boxes and finally got the correct order and hidden dialog from Soma and Eivor about the boat being Galinn's.

Anyhow, doing this and NOT selecting Birna/Lif dialog options (not meaning accusing, meaning ANY dialog about them) and only focusing on Galinn should get it for you. Quest seems like it should have had a more consistent detective portion where you actually HAD to prove your case on guilt vs. what we have where you are allowed to "guess" w/o any real proof but was seemingly abandoned or left incomplete.

• Troban24
    3 posts

Is it just me ? I have the feeling this subject won't be solved or hasn't been given much attention so far.
    I play on pc and didn't have any problem with this quest, my gf plays on ps4 and she got stuck on this.
    Yes i know it doesn't have a huge impact on the game if you choose wrong, but it's the fact that you suffer the consequences when you are forced to make the wrong choice.

A little more attention to this problem would be more than welcome, even if this problem can't be solved, so be it.
    But an official statement or apologie from Ubisoft is the least they can do. It is a big bug in the MAIN STORYLINE.

Have some respect for players who bought the game on the moment of release.

Only thing left to say is that Valhalla is a great game, fully answers to the big expectations i had.

• Munqqiii
    4 posts

On quest "Report to soma" when choosing who the traitor is, there is three names you can choose from (Birna, Lif and Galinn). I want to choose Galinn, after i choose Galinn my character says " Galinn betrayed you" and then i choose im sure. After that the cutscene pops up and Soma says that Lif is the traitor and murders him.I tried to look up the forums and didnt find anyone who had the same problem. I saved it there before choosing it and chose Lif and she slayed Lif and Birna and she slayed her too. I believe it is a bug that it wont let get Galinn killed. 

• wolf_942010
    11 posts

Even after this latest update, it's still not fixed! I've just tried to complete it, optimistic that after this patch, a month after they were first made aware of the issue that they would have solved it, yet it's still exactly the same. It's honestly ridiculous.

• guest-63LcmeCY
    1 posts

Please fix this isssue, when i selected galinn soma killed brian [censored] dude 😞

• treeder
    5 posts

It's absurd this isn't fixed yet. I quit playing weeks ago waiting for this to be fixed so I can continue but it doesn't even seem to be acknowledged. This can't be that hard a fix, obviously there's some broken logic in this particular sequence, just fix it already. if (choose galinn) make it frikin choose galinn no matter what.

• Smeldy
    4 posts

Can we please get an update Ubisoft on if this is going to be resolved? It's been way too long! PLEASE FIX

• guest-gnQ439eo
    1 posts

I’m having the same problem when I selected Garlin she kills Birna instead. Ubisoft fix that bro

• UbiMott
    1 posts

8 weeks since first report of this bug and still no solution?

• treeder
    5 posts

I'm still not playing because if this... So lame. At least some recognition that this exists would be good.

• wolf_942010
    11 posts

@treeder me neither, I haven't been on it since the middle of December because there's literally nothing else I can do until they fix the glitch, ive been able to do absolutely everything I can possibly do apart from the story because of this glitch that they can't be arsed to fix 🙄

• g3rm4n3
    2 posts

GOOD Morning Ubisoft!! Are you Guys still sleeping or what the FK is wrong here??
    We have been waiting almost two months for the update to finally be able to continue playing and nothing happens ... seriously ???
    shame on you!!

• matthew.fiore
    1 posts

I accused Birma first then when asked "are you sure?" I said "no" go back. I played a bit longer then went back and accused galin. Soma killed Birma. I force quit the game and accused galin again. Soma killed birma again. I loaded an old save (still after first having accused birma and canceling), fast traveled back to my camp and slow traveled back to Soma. Same bug with accusing galin and birma being killed. I went back to an old save again, and i am now doing other quests, leaving this stench of treachery quest incomplete.

Clearly a bug in the code with whoever you first accuse being stuck as choice even if you cancel at the confirmation step.

Please add this bug to known bug list and fix.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics