Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4593
    pc 3430
    playstation 4 1460
    xbox one 970
    xbox series xs 380
    playstation 5 325
    1 Likes/60 Replies/1593 Views
    elosoblanco11
    Original poster 3 posts

I am stuck on the In Dreams quest. I have been to Asgard, returned to Ravensthorpe, and returned to Asgard. The quest still says "Drink the potion to return to Asgard." I have tried doing so multiple times but cannot progress in this quest.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

i did in dreams and i did the bifrost thing with heimdall blah blah whatever, i even got so far as to let the builder build his structure. everytime i leave asgard it just says drink potion to return to asgard. i go to asgard same thing. its just stuck there. i cant procede or anything. i wanna do the quest after that but i cant cuz im stuck in the quest when it should be over and theres no way im reloading a save cuz ive already played over another prob 12 hours in. please a way to fix it or a patch

• FNKH94
    11 posts

I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?

• FNKH94
    11 posts

I can't move on from the mission, it just keep saying " Drink the potion to return to asgard " i keep going back and forward between england and asgard

• maylow42
    1 posts

@borax_swallower also having this bug. Ubi please help us 😞

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

@fnkh94 nope idk what imma do. idk if the mission after is crucial or not.

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

@maylow42 i hope the support team sees this

• FNKH94
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FNKH94
    11 posts

If this cant get fixed i'm getting my money back, i've played it for 37 hours, doing almost every wealth mysteries, artifact etc. no f''''' way im doing it all again

UBISOFT FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

@fnkh94 serisouly this is so [censored]. like i’m literally going for thor armor rn. this better get fixed

• ekolan88
    8 posts

It's the same bug as people had when you first got your settlement where Dag, the brother and you got stuck.
    This fixed it for me:
    I play on low graph settings, because my GPU is trash.
    Bumped up difficulty to the highest it could run (for me that was high)
    Restart the game
    And then I could proceed.

So try to experiment with the difficulty setting, please come with feedback for others if it works.
    @Borax_Swallower
    @FNKH94
    @maylow42

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

@ekolan88
    i will try that right now and see if it works. u might just be our savior

• ekolan88
    8 posts

@ekolan88 Ofcause I meant graphic setting and not difficulty setting.
    I was half asleep when I wrote it

• Borax_Swallower
    7 posts

@ekolan88 okay i was about to say bc the difficulty didnt do anything. ill try in a little

• rmckennedy12
    2 posts

After taking the potion and completing the first mission in Asgard to close the gate, I attempted to 'Wake Up" and return as Eivor, but when I do, I am greeted with a surprised "Up so soon?" dialogue, and Eivor replies that it felt that she was pulled out of the dream. She is then advised to return when she feels up for it, and the mission objective is still "Drink the potion to return to Asgard" and will not update otherwise - when in Asgard, the mission objective stays but without an active blue marker on the world map until I wake up again. I have tried taking the potion and waking up several times, traveling to Norway and back, and have continued through the Asgard storyline through the 'Extended Family' quest that I am severely under-leveled to finish, nothing seems to be able to click that I should have completed the quest by now. As I understand, once you wake up after closing the gate in the 1st Asgard mission, you should begin to speak about the vision and the main story is allowed to finish. Any help would be appreciated

• elosoblanco11
    Original poster 3 posts

@ekolan88 what do you mean by restart the game?

• ekolan88
    8 posts

@elosoblanco11
    Well when you change graphic settings the game forces a restart, that's all ^^

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 134 posts

Hello everyone, I've merged your separate threads into this bigger "megathread" so that we can start keeping track of this issue in one place. I do apologise if any conversations that were ongoing in the separate threads have now become a bit disjointed!

I understand from all your posts that, even after drinking the potion, the "drink the potion to return to Asgard" objective does not complete. I've reported this forward to the devs now, but if possible, could any of you provide images or better yet, short videos, showing that you're unable to complete this objective despite having drunk the potion? Can you also please confirm the platforms you are all playing on, as it is unclear to me at present whether this is a platform-specific issue?

If playing on PC, please also give the workaround suggested by ekolan88 a try (to bump up your graphics settings, restart the game client, and see if you can then pass this section), and let me know if this helps?

Official Response
  • FNKH94
    11 posts

@ubi-woofer

i play on ps4. I Can record a video and sent it. Where do you want it send to?

cheers

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 134 posts

@fnkh94 Thanks for confirming. If you have a Twitter or YouTube account, and have those accounts linked to your PSN ID, you can share the video to either and drop the link here. If you share to Twitter, the link may not display correctly in your post when pasted due to an issue we're looking into, but I can view it by going to "edit" your post, so don't worry if it doesn't show publicly! Thanks for your help.

Official Response

Community details

Users
Topics