Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kizza0721
    63 posts

Trying to do "view above all" amd i can't close the gate to Jotunheim. Did google search for work around. Tried 4 different workarounds. Nothing worked. 2 hours lost. Ok. I'll go back a few saves and try again in a few patches. All autosaves are in Asgard.
    Already had to restart the game at 5 hours in because i explored the first region and it bugged a stronghold. Now I'm just over 20 hours in. Not restarting. I didn't buy the premium edition to get locked out of the game. This is starting to feel like Fallout 76 for me. How do i progress? Starting again is not an option.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your latest posts in this thread! I'm replying just to confirm that this issue was resolved in TU 1.1.0, which released on December 15th. I've seen no further reports in this thread of the issue since that update, so I'm very much hoping that the fix worked for everyone!

Should the issue persist for anyone, you're welcome to reply here and let us know. For now though, I'll be moving this megathread to the resolved section of the list! 🙂

Official Response
  • ASGARDGLITCH
    5 posts

@zfpuhi-owns

Yes I want a refund. Same thing has happened to me. IS this a possibility?

• ASGARDGLITCH
    5 posts

DONT USE TELEPORT. That worked for me. I hope it does for you all.

• Demon-Actual
    2 posts

@keyghostace Cant open door. XBOX 1 x. Game also crashed and I lost 10 hours of game play, I AM [censored] OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes i saved may times. ffs.

• Cuttlebooper
    1 posts

I just got stuck here as well. All my saves are past opening the door and im stuck. I've tried everything recommended online. Ubisoft please [censored] fix this

• stair3
    1 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I'm on Xbox One and this has happened to me today as well. Some people have requested restarting the sequence but I spent a lot of time collecting tears so I'll just stop playing until there's a patch. Thanks for being responsive!

• stu1109
    3 posts

@zod_ptr I am in the same position they told me to reload my last save. Unfortunately all my saves are on Asgard

• stu1109
    3 posts

@kizza0721 I am in the same position. Spoke with ubi support who insist I should have another save....which I don't

• DarthPurgatio
    5 posts

I'm stuck on this same exact level except my game crashes whenever Thor crashes down on that staircase where you sniped everyone, or on rare occasions I can make it to the door and it crashes there. All my saves are on Asgard and I literally have not been able to progress since the 16th because of it.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

@stu1109

Seems Valhalla is more.and more a broken mess. I'm mad i dropped so much cash to pre-order the beta test.

• thomasdesaix
    1 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    I am on PC, i don't have previous saves, except one i did with 4h of playtime (i am currently stuck with 20h+ of playtime), i tried reloading but it didn't change anything and Hold alternative is enabled by standard but i tried on and off, it didn't work.
    Help us please, i won't restart a game and i paid 50€+.
    (i am French, please excuse my mistakes at english)

• G1ZM0G33K
    1 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    I am using a Series S Digital

• a_wild_dandan
    1 posts

Resources

Specifications

| Type                     |                         Value |
    | :----------------------- | ----------------------------: |
    | Game Version             |                         1.0.2 |
    | Hold Alternative Setting |     Tried both `ON` and `OFF` |
    | OS                       | Windows Pro (Build 19041.630) |
    | CPU                      |                   Ryzen 2600X |
    | Video Card               |                    MSI 2080Ti |
    | RAM                      |                16GB DDR3 3200 |

Notes

1. The solution provided by @GAB325 (revert to `Exclusive quest save`) works. (Side note: why are forum username mentions displaying as a block? They should be inline...)
    2. Forcing users to complete an Asgard quest as a hard gate to waking up is a catastrophically bad idea:
      1. The Asgard quest is under `Ravensthorpe (Suggested Power: 20)` and throws users into a 90+ power level area with no indication. I was profoundly under powered.
      2. The hard gate (completing mission "View Above All") completely bricks all game progress for users who either
        1. Encounter this door bug or
        2. Are stymied by the unannounced, absurd difficulty jump

This is unacceptable and completely avoidable: Provide the wake up mechanic immediately on Asgard ingress (no hard egress gate). Provide a level warning to users. Or lower the first mission difficulty to match user power level. This needs to be fixed in the next patch.

• PtahEnki
    3 posts

Same problem can not close the door I am on xbox series x been here all day trying everything I read here.. but going in to my files which I can not do because I'm on xbox this should be a priority to fix I can not even leave this area. Game is over for me until it is fixed

• PtahEnki
    3 posts
    Same problem can not close the door I am on xbox series x been here all day trying everything I read here.. but going in to my files which I can not do because I'm on xbox this should be a priority to fix I can not even leave this area. Game is over for me until it is fixed

Just got it to work do not use the portal whatever the problem is it has to do with the portal jump off the edge after syncing the land DO NOT USE THE PORTAL

• Luca190990
    4 posts

@ptahenki unfortuntately i did not use the portal and i cant close the door at all

• Luca190990
    4 posts

Ubisoft Really! Provide a patch to exit Asgard everytime immeaditely! Couldnt be so hard! I'm an IT Guy so just copy the dammit code which will provide the open eye sequence everytime - then you win more time to fix the real problem (closing the [censored] door). I'm waiting since 5 days for an solution or patch, I even can't create a support ticket! And this bug is not under "known issues" on your page.
    Cheers

• Luca190990
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Deadmennwalking
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Deadmennwalking
    21 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    apologies but still very new at this posting / reply stuff.
    Same problem. I am on PS4.
    So about to waste 22 hours of game play and 40 power levels. Not happy.
    Have already tried "Options > Interface > General Tab > Set “Hold Alternative” to “Off”" This had no effect.
    Have already tried loading the previous auto save - had no effect.
    The save data files are corrupted as my manual save 2 I did just before drinking the potion in the seers hut is still taking me into asgard.
    My previous and only non quest line save is at 38 hours game play, whereas I started the quest at 60 hours game play.
    For the record who came up with the bright idea to take players into a quest line that can not extract from but most complete to continue.
    If I am asked to send save files to support you will need to provide me with detailed instructions as I am in the "mature" gamer age bracket and even logginginto these forums took me some time.
    Your not happy long time customer Deadmennwalking.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics