Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• malluzie
    Original poster 2 posts

i got the rank 2 on the ability and stil not able to use it. wolf never leaves my chamber. 100levels higher by now aswel so dont want to start over but i do want the wolf with me. ability is always gray and can not use it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Duister1958
    2 posts

New bug, i had the ability and it worked,but a few days ago the button turned grey, and it doesn't work anymore. I even got it to level 2, but no go. Anyone else with this issue?

• Duister1958
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@malluzie
    Same issue (PS4), the ability stays grey when I apply it so I don't apply it anymore until we get a fix for it. Got the ability in my inventory but it stays grey and can't be used. Have the exact same problem with the Raven distracting ability.

• BradiMherz
    1 posts

I got the Book of Knowledge of "Man's best friend" ability first then got the ability again after doing the side quest "A little Problem" but the Ability itself is still LVL 1 how can I fix this?

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • msiloveme2
    13 posts

I’m no longer able to activate Man’s Best Friend, Throwing Axe Fury and Harpoon Impalement. They are all greyed out once assigned. I was able to use Men’s best friend until today.

• Buzzster99
    12 posts

PS4
    Hello

I've tried several times to put the Ability in my Loadout...from Level 1 and recently got Level 2. it shows up "Gold" in the Ability Loadout but out in the field it stays grayed out no matter. The Crow works fine and have it to Level 2.

• Hellgator
    7 posts

So, I know that the known issue with this ability is that the quest associated with it doesn't provide the ability as a reward.

For me, I got the ability, but I think I finished Lunden first so it led to the ability being stuck at level 1. I thought I just needed to find a book of knowledge to upgrade this ability but apparently it's bugged cause I got every book in the map already.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hello to you both! 🙂 It sounds like you both have the same issue but through slightly different circumstances, so I merged your two threads together and want to ask a few questions to each of you.

@BradiMherz Can you please confirm that when you completed "A Little Problem", the grant of the "Man's Best Friend" ability appeared in the centre of your screen and you were able to then use the level 1 ability if enabling it from the abilities menu? Are you able to provide screenshots showing that you both have access to the ability and also that you have collected the Book of Knowledge for level 2 from Grepelgate Fort in Oxenefordscire?

@Hellgator You mentioned that you looted the Book of Knowledge for level 2 before completing "A Little Problem" - did you receive the ability at all when having looted the book? How long approximately did you play (in-game hours) between obtaining the book, and completing "A Little Problem"? Are you able to provide screenshots showing that you both have access to the ability and also that you have collected the Book of Knowledge for level 2 from Grepelgate Fort in Oxenefordscire?

Thank you both! 🙂

Official Response
  • Hellgator
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Yes, I remember the ability being usable when I first picked up the book. I would say about 5-7 hours passed between the book and completing the quest.

I have screenshots for proof, but I apologize for the bad quality: https://imgur.com/a/iJWuZeh

• Darkvader75
    1 posts

I too have it stuck at level 1 with every other ability in the game complete.

• Si_W
    29 posts
    @malluzie
    Same issue (PS4), the ability stays grey when I apply it so I don't apply it anymore until we get a fix for it. Got the ability in my inventory but it stays grey and can't be used. Have the exact same problem with the Raven distracting ability.

I also have the same issue (PC) with both those abilities...

• guest-eMcQsGKS
    1 posts

“Mans best friend ability” and “raven distraction” are grayed out and I am unable to use after assigning to slot even at full adrenaline

• SaSuKe_One
    9 posts

@guest-emcqsgks happend to me too! Mans best friend,ability
    Is grayed out.
    Have you tried to push the button even if it is grayed out?
    Man best friend works to use even when it is grayed out,most of the time for me..

• velvetworm7
    2 posts

Man's Best Friend Bug. After completing the 'A little Problem' quest I didn't achieve the mans best friend ability, I completed quest, named the wolf and had the wolf in my longhouse, but no ability, I read on forums that if the wolf bugs out and runs off before the end, which it did, it wont activate and they suggested redoing it, I however had already done too much to go back to redo the quest on an older save. I went to Londen and got the other half so I can call the wolf, but I am now forever unable to get level 2 of the ability until it is resolved at your end, I suggest making it so whoever has completed the quest gets that half of the ability(seems obvious), rather than tying it to a sprite making it back with the children, especially since it is bugged to run off right before you enter the village. If I hadn't checked forums, I wouldn't have even known the quest was supposed to give me this ability. It's disappointing and made me a little frustrated with the game, killing the immersion and experience for me currently, so please, if it is possible, fix it for everyone who's completed the quest retroactively in the next update. I guess I will know you've fixed it when I magically have level 2 mans best friend, lol. I'm sure I am not the only one who has had this issue, so hopefully you resolve it, as I was really loving the game until this happened. cheers. 

• prodriguez4890
    5 posts

@velvetworm7 it's supposed to be fixed in the next update hopefully tomorrow

• prodriguez4890
    5 posts

@velvetworm7 nope still hasn't been fixed been chatting with support for like 2 hours 😕

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

Hey all! Thanks for the reports here. We'd seen a few instances where players who were encountering this issue had seen it resolved following the latest patch on the 27th, but it appears things may be persisting. Thank you for providing information as this is being looked into once more. For investigational purposes, it'd be a great help to have those still affected by this create a new support case, then attach a copy of your save game files to it for review.

Thanks for your patience as this gets looked into. We'll be sure to update this thread with any pertinent information as it becomes available.

Official Response
  • guest-09bXSF7t
    1 posts

@ubi-wan
    I am unable to even submit the case. (Possibly *user error). 😉
    What category, Issue Type, and Issue should it be under?

I am currently unable to select an "Issue" based on any combination of Category and Issue Types.

I am still experiencing the issue.
    The wolf is in the Longhouse, but unable to do anything, and is greyed out on my menu. Stuck at level 1.
    I believe i may have used a fast travel after the mission, but before returning to Raventhorpe. But can't remember for sure.

Suggested Topics