Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there @guest-09bXSF7t! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble creating a support ticket. If you're having trouble opening a support ticket via the website, you could also try starting a live chat or messaging our player support teams on Twitter and Facebook.

I understand that "Man's Best Friend" is showing as greyed out for you when you try to use it in-game. Just to confirm, have you collected both Books of Knowledge for this ability, but only one level has been registered?

Would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• You have "Man's Best Friend" equipped in your abilities menu, as well as its current level
    • That you are unable to summon the wolf during combat.

Additionally, can you please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • acidical1989
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer i have a problem where i cannot use said ability i have level 2 unlocked and still is unusable, i is just greyed out. Any ideas? I'm way over 35 hours into the game and dont want to reset. Please help

• Femmme_Fatality
    2 posts

I have had this issue had hoped the updates would fix it and I do not see this marked as reopened!

NONE of the summon "pets" work for me and I have level 2 in summoning my bird, wolf, and level 1 in wolfhound.

It stays greyed out. I have tried taking it off, patching, even reinstalling the game (which takes me 3 days...)

I JUST got the wolfhound book level one, I was so excited...hoping maybe HE would work. NOPE.

My first post here AND my first AC game. Really sad as this was a feature that I was counting on. There is zero hope of going back.

• Femmme_Fatality
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis

This was 2 months ago 😞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @acidical1989 & @Femmme_Fatality! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I've moved your posts into this ongoing Megathread, as this seems more appropriate for the issue you're encountering. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble summoning your pets.

To help us to take a closer look at this issue, would you be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• The abilities you have equipped in the Abilities menu. Please show us the level of the abilities as well.
    • The abilities showing as "greyed out" whilst in-game, preventing you from using them.

We can then forward these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ModAk29
    1 posts

Look I'm love games I do everything couse I like no map markers or yellow lights couse there's a chest but when I look how to properly get the wolf for man's best friend online watching videos an then get the second book now lvl 2 110 hours in still can't use the ability what so ever I'd figured it was a combat thing so combat I went fighter raiders bandits even random people to see if it when from Grey to yellow but never did can you pllz fix this glitch couse I love having the wolf roll around with me for ac vahalla

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ModAk29! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to use "Man's Best Friend" due to the button showing as grey instead of yellow. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us! To help us to take a closer look at this issue, would you be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• The abilities you have equipped in the Abilities menu. Please show us the level of the abilities as well.
    • The abilities showing as "greyed out" whilst in-game, preventing you from using them.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then take a closer look at this as we investigate the issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CapnKel
    16 posts

The "Man's Best Friened" ability is supposed to be grey whilst assigned to a button. This is normal behaviour and I'm surprised nobody from Ubi has pointed this out yet. It will only become active (i.e. yellow) when you hold down the left trigger (LT on the Xbox) AND are targeting a specific enemy. The wolf being in your bedroom at the longhouse is also normal. It is not meant to follow you as you roam around the world, as cool as that would be (I wish). Hopefully this will help everyone out having difficulty with this and a few other targeted skills. The devs should probably update the popup in game for such skills to let players know how it's supposed to work instead of having everyone guess at it, even if it is some what obvious once you realize it. Hey, don't feel bad! I, too, had trouble figuring it out at first lol! 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Thank you for sharing this knowledge for other players to refer to, @capnkel! In the case of the reports in this thread, I believe that players mean that the ability is still greyed out when targetting a specific enemy and attempting to use it, but it is always worth checking if this is definitely the case! 🙂

This is why videos of the issue in action are helpful for us to investigate the issue further, as we can double-check smaller details like this and make sure that the player is eligible to use the ability at the time of attempting to use it. If anyone still having this issue could provide a video for us to analyse and forward to the development team, it would be much appreciated! 🙂

Official Response
  • Vin_da_silva
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer I’m having the same issue. Finished the quest as well as unlocking level 2 ability. The wold ability is still greyed out and unusable.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 808 posts

@vin_da_silva

I'm sorry to hear that. As it has been requested above, please could you record a video clip of this and upload it online to somewhere we can view it like YouTube, then send us a link to view this? 

We can then forward it on to the relevant teams to help them look into this. 

Official Response
  • DixieDynamite
    3 posts

I am at level 417 and have never been able to use it once since it upgraded. I got to use it only 1 time before that. Greyed out for the duration of the game and no matter if my adrenaline is full or partially full (3 slots), it won't work. PS5.

• Mitch20255
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard

I'm not who you're replying to but I'm having this issue and have had it since release and I've collected both skill books and have both levels of the ability unlocked yet the ability never lights up to activate. I haven't played since January and was hoping this bug was fixed by now. Here is a clip of it:

I have 70hrs in the game and would rather not restart.

EDIT: Just discovered that it happens with the Raven Distraction ability as well. Here is another video showing both abilities failing to work:

Suggested Topics