ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sp33dyKat
    15 posts

@sdalglish30
    Yep, same problem here. My wolf solely stays in & around the longhouse in Raventhorpe. I've never been able to summon (select) him, nor has he ever followed me. The associated Ability icon remains grey (unavailable) under all circumstances.
    I was so excited when I learned I'd have a wolf companion, but it's been nothing but disappointment since then.
    Given that my Eivor is well over level 300, it seems the wolf companion will be a promise not kept.
    Sp33dy

• danjaminn
    1 posts

@ubi_plush

Hi. This hasn't been resolved for me or for others by the sound of it. The ability did work for me at various locations and then suddenly started being greyed out all the time. It doesn't matter where I am in the world, it's always unavailable. This is clearly a glitch. The ability is even greyed out when I'm at my settlement and right next to the wolf. It clearly has a path to me at that point but is still unavailable. Please feedback to advise this bug isn't resolved and still requires a fix.

Thanks

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for sharing your concerns and experience of not being able to use this ability in various locations. I will feed this back to our team who were looking into this. We will update you as soon as we have more information and explanations, thanks again.

Official Response
  • SpursNation2144
    1 posts

@ubi-milky

well after a year of the same problem I’m assuming you never escalated the problem or done much about it… over 90 hours of game play and not once has it been enabled…

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there @SpursNation2144! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using the "Man's Best Friend" ability. I can assure you that @Ubi-Milky has reached out to our dedicated teams to see if we can get more information on how this ability should work in-game, and what could be causing the ability icon to become greyed out.

We haven't had any updates from the team regarding the greyed out ability, which is why we haven't been able to provide any new details within this thread. Once any information is made available, we will let you know within this thread.

Please note that if a path for the wolf cannot be detected, the icon will remain grey. If you have any videos you can share that shows you're unable to summon the wolf, and the environment you are in when trying to summon the wolf, then we can forward this to the dedicated teams for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DixieDynamite
    19 posts

@malluzie It only works for me in the heat of battle when enemies are close. I had same issue and turned out it's greyed out when not in battle. Maybe that's why?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there @DixieDynamite!

Thanks for taking the time to share you experiences with "Man's Best Friend" as well. I've noticed in my own game that I'm only able to summon my wolf during battle as well. I'm aware that some abilities require an enemy lock-on to work. It's possible this is the case with "Man's Best Friend," as the purpose of the ability is to "Sic your wolf on an enemy." If there's no enemies present, then it may not be possible to summon it.

If anyone is having trouble summoning their wolf due to the icon being greyed out, it would be helpful to have videos showing the environment you're in (such as being in combat, being in an steep/rocky area etc), so we can use these for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics