Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Freestepper
    Original poster 127 posts

It doesn't need more explanation. I unlocked Emergency aim skill and it's like i didn't unlock it. Or how does it work? Time should slow down for few sec when enemy spots me, right? Just like it worked in Odyssey. It never happens in Valhalla. And do i need any specific bow type or something? I'm using light bow.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Freestepper

So i tried to reset this skill and re-unlock it again. And now i noticed that once i unlock it from the skill tree and exit the menu back to gameplay, i get notification on screen that i obtained new ability. I mean the type of ability you get from quests or need to find in the world and needs to be assigned to button. But when i look in the ability menu, the skill is not there. There are no new skill. Please, what's wrong with it?

• Freestepper

I uploaded video so you can see:

• Freestepper

So nobody has the same problem? Can't be just me.

• gel214th
    9 posts

@freestepper I haven't gotten that skill, don't think. A lot of the skills don't seem to work the way they did in Odyssey. Aim Assist doesn't track the target either.

• Freestepper

@gel214th I'm not sure about aim assist. I remember it worked for me when aiming on animals.

But this is weird. It's like i'm the only one with this issue. I can't google it anywhere either. It's like i'm missing something. But it's also weird that i get the skill as assignable ability (which can't be assigned anyway since it doesn't appear in the ability menu). It's useless as ability. That skill should simply auto-trigger when enemy spots me, just like it was in Odyssey, which isn't happening. I simply don't have that skill, even though i got it.

• Freestepper

Can i get some response from Ubisoft?

• Freestepper

Please remake these forums. If post doesn't get attention withing few seconds, it becomes dead.

I sent a ticket to Ubisoft about this and nothing. So i'm asking again. Are you aware of this issue, Ubisoft?

• DUS_Jaybone
    2 posts

@freestepper

You're not the only one. I had the exact same thing happen to me. It's been nearly a week and it hasn't rectified itself, even after doing a hard reset of my Xbox. Watching this with interest so hopefully you'll get a reply

• Freestepper
    @freestepper

You're not the only one. I had the exact same thing happen to me. It's been nearly a week and it hasn't rectified itself, even after doing a hard reset of my Xbox. Watching this with interest so hopefully you'll get a reply

Did you try to start the game from beginning? If so, did you manage to obtain the skill?

It's also one of the best skills and for that reason it's even more frustrating.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

Never managed to get this skill working too, not once. I think it has to do with the broken detection rate of the enemies. Most of the time, they detect you almost instantly, which would explain why there isn't much time to trigger the skill. If you've played Odyssey, there is a similar skill that works during the "yellow detection phase" and it gradually builds up to "red", leaving you time to snap to a target and use the skill. In this game, the "yellow detection phase" usually lasts for only a second before getting detected. By the time I hit the right mouse button and draw my bow, I'm already detected most of the time. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause, considering the stealth system is pretty broken atm (enemies being able to detect me through walls, with their backs facing me or being asleep).

• Freestepper

@xtracker85 The little time slowdown is there from the beginning of the game. It was there from the beginning in Odyssey also. Emergency aim, as well as the same one in Odyssey simply just prolongs the time slowdown, plus you are able to auto-aim on the enemy that spots you by just pressing aim button. But the skill is simply not there, even if you unlocked it. The enemy spotting you behaves the same like before you unlocked that skill.
    The more mystery for me is, why the skill is unlocked as ability, even though it won't appear in the ability menu. The skill is broken not the way it works, but the way it unlocks itself. And thus the skill doesn't work at all.

• DUS_Jaybone
    2 posts

@freestepper I'm too far into the game to start again ha ha. It looks like it'd be a great skill to have, but after reading these other posts with the same problems, meh, I might just push on without it 😞

• Freestepper

Why is this completely ignored by Ubisoft? They always ask to provide video of the issue. I did that and yet it is ignored.

• Freestepper

Bumping it, because i want it to be visible.

• Freestepper

And in the upcoming update 1.0.4, the Emergency aim skill will not be fixed, as it is not mentioned in patch notes. Because this thread was not seen by Ubisoft. Which i really don't understand why.

• Freestepper

And the skill is not fixed after update. No one else with this problem?

• Freestepper

I just tried to start new game and rushed for the Emergency aim skill ti see if anything will be different. And nope, the skill is still broken, even if i start from the beginning.

Please, some other people with the same problem reply. Is this bug really so rare? Is there no one else with the same problem? Did you guys even test this skill? Why is this thread ignored so much?

• Freestepper

Ubisoft, please, acknowledge the this issue!

• xtracker85
    46 posts

At the moment, I think everyone is just experiencing too many other serious game breaking bugs, which is probably why this issue isn't getting as much attention as the others (savegame corruptions, quests breaking, items going missing). The game right now is a complete mess, made even worse by the recent patch. I'm sure the devs are aware of this bug, but it may take them awhile to get this fixed seeing as they've got they're hands full atm. My suggestion is to put this game aside for the time being until a stable patch is released. Hopefully, this bug will be addressed among the other fixes.

Suggested Topics