Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xtracker85
    46 posts

Never managed to get this skill working too, not once. I think it has to do with the broken detection rate of the enemies. Most of the time, they detect you almost instantly, which would explain why there isn't much time to trigger the skill. If you've played Odyssey, there is a similar skill that works during the "yellow detection phase" and it gradually builds up to "red", leaving you time to snap to a target and use the skill. In this game, the "yellow detection phase" usually lasts for only a second before getting detected. By the time I hit the right mouse button and draw my bow, I'm already detected most of the time. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause, considering the stealth system is pretty broken atm (enemies being able to detect me through walls, with their backs facing me or being asleep).

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

@xtracker85 The little time slowdown is there from the beginning of the game. It was there from the beginning in Odyssey also. Emergency aim, as well as the same one in Odyssey simply just prolongs the time slowdown, plus you are able to auto-aim on the enemy that spots you by just pressing aim button. But the skill is simply not there, even if you unlocked it. The enemy spotting you behaves the same like before you unlocked that skill.
    The more mystery for me is, why the skill is unlocked as ability, even though it won't appear in the ability menu. The skill is broken not the way it works, but the way it unlocks itself. And thus the skill doesn't work at all.

• DUS_Jaybone
    2 posts

@freestepper I'm too far into the game to start again ha ha. It looks like it'd be a great skill to have, but after reading these other posts with the same problems, meh, I might just push on without it 😞

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

Why is this completely ignored by Ubisoft? They always ask to provide video of the issue. I did that and yet it is ignored.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

Bumping it, because i want it to be visible.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

And in the upcoming update 1.0.4, the Emergency aim skill will not be fixed, as it is not mentioned in patch notes. Because this thread was not seen by Ubisoft. Which i really don't understand why.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

And the skill is not fixed after update. No one else with this problem?

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

I just tried to start new game and rushed for the Emergency aim skill ti see if anything will be different. And nope, the skill is still broken, even if i start from the beginning.

Please, some other people with the same problem reply. Is this bug really so rare? Is there no one else with the same problem? Did you guys even test this skill? Why is this thread ignored so much?

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

Ubisoft, please, acknowledge the this issue!

• xtracker85
    46 posts

At the moment, I think everyone is just experiencing too many other serious game breaking bugs, which is probably why this issue isn't getting as much attention as the others (savegame corruptions, quests breaking, items going missing). The game right now is a complete mess, made even worse by the recent patch. I'm sure the devs are aware of this bug, but it may take them awhile to get this fixed seeing as they've got they're hands full atm. My suggestion is to put this game aside for the time being until a stable patch is released. Hopefully, this bug will be addressed among the other fixes.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

@xtracker85 They are not aware of this bug. They didn't mention it in the "Known issues" thread. And it's like this bug is very rare and nobody is experiencing it, except for a very few people. Because i can't even google this bug. People doesn't post it on these forum either, but are posting bugs that are even less important than this.

I would really like if people with the same problem posted here. But these forums makes it also pretty hard for a post to stay visible longer than few seconds.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

For everyone who cant use emergency aim, try to lower the SNEAKING DIFFICULTY below master!!! That appears to impact the detection window greatly!

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@freestepper try lowering the SNEAKING DIFFICULTY, it solves the issue for me.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

@yell0cake And when someone spots you during that slow-mo time and you press aim with your bow, does the aim automatically snap on the enemy that spotted you?

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

Yes it works just like in odyssey except that it doesnt focus on the head

• chukamabob
    1 posts

The same thing happened to me. Unlocked ability but then it wasn't there at all.

• LyricusPoeticus
    1 posts

Is Ubisoft actually active on here because this thread is months old with no reply or response of any kind and I have this issue now too?

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

@lyricuspoeticus Yea, well, maybe it's because this issue is rare, so it doesn't get enough attention from people and devs. But i also tried to start a new game and got the same issue with the skill. I don't understand it. It's like people don't care about it and devs also. I gave up on this game now. Will start playing again the final and 100% fixed and updated version. It was a first time i bought game on release day and it was also the last time. I refuse to be a beta tester and yet pay for it.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

Something ha changed. If i now reset The Emergency Aim skill and unlock it again, it does not show the message that it was unlocked as ability anymore, which is correct, because it shouldn't be an ability. But the skill still doesn't work anyway.

• Freestepper
    Original poster 72 posts

Emergency Aim skill still not fixed after update.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics