Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OfficerLego
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • cloomcloom
    7 posts

@b_r_e_n_0 and I can confirm for Stadia.

• yeti4life
    14 posts

@cloomcloom but the problem is bigger then that... some of us cant even get the mission started, the quest marker doesnt come up nor the does ability to talk to them... so stuck before the longhouse even.

• cloomcloom
    7 posts

@yeti4life yes, it's a workaround that does not work all the time (if you have done the mission with the annoying woman already) so it's not a FIX.
    Like I said, I am so lucky, my last action in the game this weekend was talking to the annoying woman, it could not be more perfect 😄

I hope this gets fixed soon because this is super annoying, I can now try to finish it before Cyberpunk2077 is out 😉

• JarlJerry
    8 posts

I ended up going back like 20 hours kinda ruined the game for me

• OfficerLego
    13 posts

@gorechi I found this as well! after spending hours trying to push the NPC's into the door hoping it would help i decided to go do side missions till a bug fix then i found her and immediately thought if she is following me i can get her to open the door! so i fast traveled back and it worked! I made a video to show incase people are still lost / confused on how here:

@damasta7293I feel you man! i legit saved over my save as i got detected because i didnt wanna get stuck on a bug or something and then realised that quest, that moment is what i was afriad of 😞 I posted a fix in a few of the comments if youve got the old save still maybe go back on it and try it? Best of luck mate!

• OfficerLego
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Qoali123
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Qoali123
    3 posts

@b_r_e_n_0 this worked!!! THANK YOU after 2 weeks of trying everything!!!!

• cygale
    6 posts

@cloomcloom Perhaps for those who had not already made this quest. And in any case it is not a official correction.
    So.. the bug is still here ! 🙂

• cygale
    6 posts

@sword_gas Because it's not an official correction of the bug ! Good for those it helps, but it doesn't help me and others who have already done this secondary quest.
    The problem is real and there is no fix yet 🙂

• Denarchy
    3 posts

Hello all, ACV XBOX player here. I too have run across the dreaded Brewing Rebellion bug. I am unable to progress as the NPCs will not assist in Forcing the Door open. I managed to break the side door to get in, and slaughtered the baddies inside. The NPC you have to speak with followed me outside and is with the other NPCs directly next to the door. I am 120 hours into the game as I've gone ahead and pledged to other areas, cleared Asgard, visited Vinland, killed all of the order that I can, and completed all of the world events and wealth locations that have not been locked out by the story progress. I cannot use the bard as I had previously completed that world event. I've gone back multiple times to check on the NPCs and still they will not help me. I have never come across such a poorly executed, poorly designed game such as this. I have been a longtime AC fan. I've played all the games. I never had this issue with Unity and I heard a lot of horror stories about that. Prior to this I completed Watchdogs Legion and never came across anything like this, no bugs, no glitches, etc.

As a customer of ubisoft this is negligent. You would never pay full price for an unfinished product. I've gone ahead and uninstalled the game. Maybe a few months down the road I will try to pick it up again and hopefully they fix the bug but it's not even worth it. Any enjoyment I had playing was snuffed out once I hit this brick wall of a glitch. It really sucked all the fun out of the story and the game. And the fact that they won't even acknowledge the bug, not to mention fix it, is deplorable. I'm working from home and have no excuses for ignoring my work, why can't ubisoft do the same? Nothing like disenfranchising your fans with a turd product.

• Denarchy
    3 posts

Hello all, ACV XBOX player here. I too have run across the dreaded Brewing Rebellion bug. I am unable to progress as the NPCs will not assist in Forcing the Door open. I managed to break the side door to get in, and slaughtered the baddies inside. The NPC you have to speak with followed me outside and is with the other NPCs directly next to the door. I am 120 hours into the game as I've gone ahead and pledged to other areas, cleared Asgard, visited Vinland, killed all of the order that I can, and completed all of the world events and wealth locations that have not been locked out by the story progress. I cannot use the bard as I had previously completed that world event. I've gone back multiple times to check on the NPCs and still they will not help me. I have never come across such a poorly executed, poorly designed game such as this. I have been a longtime AC fan. I've played all the games. I never had this issue with Unity and I heard a lot of horror stories about that. Prior to this I completed Watchdogs Legion and never came across anything like this, no bugs, no glitches, etc.

As a customer of ubisoft this is negligent. You would never pay full price for an unfinished product. I've gone ahead and uninstalled the game. Maybe a few months down the road I will try to pick it up again and hopefully they fix the bug but it's not even worth it. Any enjoyment I had playing was snuffed out once I hit this brick wall of a glitch. It really sucked all the fun out of the story and the game. And the fact that they won't even acknowledge the bug, not to mention fix it, is deplorable. I'm working from home and have no excuses for ignoring my work, why can't ubisoft do the same? Nothing like disenfranchising your fans with an unfinished product.

• OfficerLego
    13 posts

@qoali123 Glad to help mate!

@cloomcloom Thanks buddy! glad it worked for you!

@denarchy Hey mate i feel your pain! i made this and it worked for me! im on xbox and iv been told it works for playstation and PC as well! Best of luck!

• OfficerLego
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • OfficerLego
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Jon-wileman
    3 posts

UBISOFT - just respond property and acknowledge that this is;

A-Real
    B-when it will be fixed

This is now 3 weeks that many of us can't do anything on a £100 game.

I want a refund if not and please delete me from the ubisoft club.

This is a defective product, not as advertised and is misleading in its description as a game with a story we can complete... As we cannot.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1163 posts

Hello everyone,

With the aim of keeping you all in the loop as best I can - the developers' investigation into these issues with Brewing Rebellion continues at present. To help with their investigation, we're still collecting additional videos, save files and MSINFO / DXDIAG files for them to review. If you are able to submit any of these to us on this thread, in a support case or via Live Chat, it would be greatly appreciated. Please accept my apologies as well that the link to this thread had somehow been missed from the Reported Issue Megathread list - it's now snugly sandwiched between "Unholy Father" and "The Big Finish" on there! I'll contact the community team for Valhalla see whether the issue can be added to the formal Known Issues list as well. 🙂

In the meantime, I did spot that gorechi found and posted a workaround for the issue with opening the longhouse door that several players since reported as working for them. I'd like to give this workaround greater visibility in case it can help further players, so have pasted it below (vulgarities politely removed 👀). gorechi, you're awesome for sharing this workaround, and I will be sending it across to the developers for them to take into account as well.

Leave the door alone, go to this quest point (The Gleewoman), free the bard, give her 33 of silver and make her start to follow you. Then fast travel back to Buckingham (it's ok that after fast travel the bard is not with you) and sneak past the guards to the door of the longhouse. Press 'Open by force' (or how it is in English, I don't know) and wait. After about 10 shoulder bashes my bard appeared and helped me to open the door.

@DingusBopper I am glad that your creative writing inspired by this issue on page 10 entertained others in the thread. However, I'd like to reassure you and everyone else that this issue is not a joke to us, and as soon as I have any news at all about a resolution, I'll share it. Thank you! 🙂

@Deadpool1923 Thank you for taking the time to submit a video, I have forwarded this to the developers.

@damasta7293 Your video is also much appreciated, and has been passed to the developers. Thank you.

@THATRICHBRIT Issuing a chargeback via your bank or payment provider may have consequences for your Ubisoft Account. I'd encourage you to review our article about this before taking any action.

@cloomcloom Thank you for sharing these videos with us, I've sent them across to the developers now.

@Jon-wileman Refund requests are considered on an individual basis; please refer to our refund policies for digital and physical items and contact us privately if you'd like us to consider a refund request from yourself. If you'd like to consider account deletion, this can be self-handled on our account management website.

Official Response
  • yeti4life
    14 posts

Thats such a BS answer im sorry... this workaround only works if you are even at the longhouse.... my quest marker wont even come up in the fish house for it to even START. this is ridiculous and your just bs ignoring the rest of the posts here. one of us had to come up with this workaround while you guys failed at your job.

• oz10w
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer So you're saying nothing has really been happening on y'alls end? Pretty sad Ubisoft isn't offering anything to us?! Especially, when we have dropped $60-120 for a game that is flawed on every level.... Fool me once shame on me...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics