ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-6pH7Bx9x
    1 posts

Hey.. i am still facing this issue wherein i cant interact with the theigns who are near the river in oxfordshire .please help as i have completed all the other quests and currently am stuck only on this conquest to proceed. Currently running 1.4.1 patch

• ExponentDrop362
    1 posts

Still unable to talk to the thegns in brewing rebellion I enquired all the way to where they needed to go but still can talk or progress I will send pic as well the only option its giving me is to read the note and ive Uninstaller and well had the update fix the please id liek to continue with the story

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5950 posts

Hello there @guest-6pH7Bx9x & @ExponentDrop362! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to interact with the Thegns as part of "Brewing Rebellion." Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us within this thread.

The investigation into this issue has been reopened, and the development team are taking a closer look at what could potentially be causing this issue to persist in-game. I've now forwarded your reports to the team for use in the reopened investigation.

Would either of you be able to provide a video that shows the issue you're experiencing with the Thegns in-game? A video can be very useful for the investigation, and in checking if this behaviour in-game is the same as was previously reported or could be a different issue. When sharing videos within the forums, I recommend that you upload the footage to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive), as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then add these to your reports to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HiiiPower..
    4 posts

@aahxv I FINALLY figured out a solution and I wanted to reach out to you specifically first because your issue mirror's mine the most. I'm sorry, this a bit long but TLDR: basically use your horse to shove any Thegns with quest icons overhead into the grassy area where the cutscene is supposed trigger.

In my game, all the Thegns were at the dock with one of them having the green quest icon over their head but not the other three. What (I think) happened is that I glitched out one of the Thegns by not bringing him to the cutscene area with the others and it screwed up the whole quest progression. I freed the 3 that were tied up and did not realize 1 was also in a cage. When I brought the 3 to the grassy area where the cutscene triggers, the icon above their heads disappeared but the cutscene never started, they just kept following me around the area but nothing happened and I couldn't figure out why so I reloaded the save file. When I loaded back in, those 3 Thegns were still following me and now the 4th one had the quest icon over his head but was glitched out just slowly walking down the path from where they were being held captive and then up the road toward the dock. But he wouldn't follow me, wouldn't stop at the grassy area, he just kept walking until he got to the dock. No matter how many time I reloaded it was the same thing every time like the man was on a mission. He would even fight soldiers along the way some times but then would just keep on walking to the docks when finished. Every. Damn. Time. No matter what I did. and by then I had no saves that were back before the mission started.

After messing around with reloads several times I ended up glitching it even worse where even the 3 Thegns that had been following me were now marching mindlessly to the docks each time I loaded in, too. It was so glitched out that even if I went and pledged to another area and was on a whole different quest, I would fast travel over there and those same glitched Thegns would be either walking to the docks or standing there, seriously. Anyway, finally I was stuck with a save file that loaded me in with all four of them already at the dock like I mentioned above. I gave up for a while, beat every other region in England. Then I got determined to fix that [censored] so I could finish this damn game so I came back to it just a bit ago.

I remembered that 3 of the 4 Thegns had touched the grassy area that is SUPPOSED to trigger the cutscene, only the 4th one hadn't so I figured maybe that's why he was the only one left with the green quest marker above his head. So...I was able to manipulate the saving and loading again to get that one Thegn to start his walk to the dock over again (I did this by walking up from the docks and picking a fight with a soldier. The Thegns will come up to fight with you. I let them get beat up and fall down so they need to be revived but didn't revive them. I went far enough away that I could save, saved the game then reloaded it. I was actually hoping this would fix the glitch but it didn't, instead it reset that 4th Thegn back to the beginning of his glitched out walk.) Then from there I was able to (painstakingly) push/nudge him with my horse to the grassy area where FINALLY the god damn cutscene triggered!

I thought pushing with the horse was hopeless at first because the guy would just start walking off every 3 seconds but then I figured out a technique. You want to basically do small circles in front of him with the horse but don't actually run into him unless he starts to walk off and you need to stop him quickly, each time you pass him with your small circles make it slightly in front of him to get maximum backward dodging from him. It was tricky but I managed to get him over there and as soon as he stepped foot in that area the cutscene triggered like nothing ever happened. I would recommend watching a YouTube video of the (unglitched) mission to see exactly where to push the guy if you don't know for sure.

I really hope this helps you out if you haven't already figured it out by now because it was really frustrating for me and I was desperate for a solution as I had just put a lot of time into the game and this glitch was literally preventing me from completing it. I know there's some threads with people talking about this problem in some variation from a year ago. I'm not sure if this will be a solution for everyone but I found absolutely NO answers on this anywhere else so hopefully some people find it helpful!

I'm going to go down the list and repost this to as many as I can see who are having the same issue. Cheers!

• HiiiPower..
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • HiiiPower..
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • HiiiPower..
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Roni_XD
    1 posts

I was trying to complete the mission Brewing Rebllion and the characters are glitched i can't get Basim and Sigurd to the docks to complete the mission were the thegns are at but on Youtube I have seen that the thegns meet at the river but I can't get them to go there instead they auto walk to the docks. If there is any fix for the bug please let me know.

• skream007
    5 posts

Having the same issue. One of the men is at the docks with quest icon. I can reload and he is walking down the road. But unable to force him to the point by the river for the cut scene. Ps5

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding your experiences with "Brewing Rebellion," and which issues you have encountered during this quest. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble progressing with this quest.

@HiiiPower - Thanks for sharing an update with us, and for letting us know how you were able to progress further by using your horse to nudge the Thegns to the cutscene trigger! I appreciate that this may not have been the ideal solution, and thank you for taking the time to try this. Perhaps this method can help other players who have encountered this issue in their own game as the development team continue to investigate the issue further.

@Roni_XD & @skream007 - Welcome to the forums 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with the Thegns during "Brewing Rebellion." The development team are aware of this issue and are investigating what could potentially be causing the Thegns to walk to the docks instead. I've now shared your reports with the team so they can be used in the ongoing investigation. Once we have any updates to share, they will be posted within this thread or via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Mr.Reneor
    2 posts
    Hi, I'm really angry. I've been playing Ac Vallhalla for a month now and I'm stuck on mission Brewing Rebelion.
    The mission is almost complete, all that remains is to transport the soldiers to the finish. The soldiers are lost somewhere and sigurd and basim refuse to follow the eivor to the goal. I don't know what to do, I contacted support, created some videos and still no response. Is this really the game I paid for? I tried Youtube tips, nothing worked. please help.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Reneor-2471! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the Thegns aren't following you as expected during "Brewing Rebellion." Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. The development team have been notified of this issue persisting in-game, and are investigating further.

You mention that you've already created some videos. Would you be able to share them with us within this thread? We can then take a closer look at these and ensure that they're passed along to the dedicated teams.

Additionally, please can you ensure that your affected save file has been uploaded to the Cloud? You can check for this by looking for the cloud icon on your most recent save.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Mr.Reneor
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis here is video

Thanks

Have nice day

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@mr-reneor Hi! Thank you for your reply and thank you for the video. I have passed this on to the game team and it is an issue that they are aware of.

Once there is an update we will reach back out.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • skream007
    5 posts

Hello
    quick update. Reinstalling the game on ps5 doesn’t resolve the issue. Any closer to a fix as I want to get past this annoying issue now.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @skream007, I am afraid we currently do not have any updates. Once we have updates to share, they will be posted within this thread or via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Official Response
  • giovagig
    2 posts

Hi, i'm stuck. I can't forche the door of the long house of Buckingam (Brewing rebellion). (PS5)

• RazorDacus23
    3 posts

Hello,

I started a while back to play Valhalla on PS4.
    I encoutered a bug during Brewing Rebellion quest in which, after freeing the Thegns they would follow the road down to Oxeneforda without being able to interact with at any point.
    About a week ago I subscribed to Ubisoft+ so I could play the game on PC and due to Cloud Save, the game continued from the same point and the bug is still persisting even after over a year.
    Because of this issue, my path through the main storyline is blocked, not being able to complete the campaign.
    Please help me in solving this problem as soon as possible as this issue is walkthrough blocking!

Kind Regards,
    RazorDacus23

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @RazorDacus23 and thanks for getting in touch!

I understand you can not complete the "Brewing Rebellion" quest because after Eivor frees the tied up thegns, the game doesn't register as them having been freed.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it.

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to continue looking into the issue. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for investigations. 

Could you also send us a video of this issue, please?  You may upload it on any hosting of your choice and just share the link with us in this thread?

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

Official Response
  • RazorDacus23
    3 posts

Hello @Ubi-Oxavo ,

As requested, here is a video with the issue reproducing:

It does not appear in the video but I've also tried to bring Sigurd and Basim to Oxeneforda and they jump out of the Longship right before passing by a crossroads.
    As for the latest save, it has been added to the Cloud.

Thank you for your time and I await your reply.

Suggested Topics