Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • chairmanPow--
    7 posts

@lexthegreat Same here. If Sigurd is actually at the door of the longhouse the bard work around posted here by a user might work. For me they are not even at the longhouse so it doesn't work for me at all. Without a fix this is pretty much the end of my Valhalla journey.

• chairmanPow--
    7 posts

@brothelman I'm in the same boat. Sigurd just stands around and won't talk and I can't move forward. I have done too much to go back to a previous save. Broken.

• Sorryk0
    1 posts

Hi i got stuck at the task "find and save tenghs" before I got there, I were there earlier and saved them from the cages and now I can't proceed further cause it just won't get me to the next task, after that i tried to fast travel and come back to the ruins, they appeared and started following me but still couldn't proceed to the next task.

• Razor_of_Ockham
    3 posts

I am stuck at the end of Brewing Rebellion and cannot progress in the game any further.
    I finished everything and have the teal location indicator saying “Report back to Gaedric.” But when I go there Gaedric just stands in front of his men and I cannot interact with him.

• Razor_of_Ockham
    3 posts

I am stuck at the end of Brewing Rebellion and cannot progress in the game any further.
    I finished everything and have the teal location indicator saying “Report back to Gaedric.” But when I go there Gaedric just stands in front of his men and I cannot interact with him.

• Razor_of_Ockham
    3 posts

I’ve cleared Lunden and all other possible alliances. And returned several times while doing so, but Gaedric still just stands there.
    I’m starting the Vinland campaign and if it isn’t fixed by the time I return to England, I’ll just scrap the game and play another. I doubt that I’ll buy another Assassin’s Creed game again though.
    it is a decent enough game, but with all the woke BS that was forced in unjustifiably, it is already diminished. This bug block would just be the final nail in the coffin for me.

• guest-L1iV4RCt
    4 posts

@jmdattoma have you found a fix yet? I have been able to open the door, but no cut scene and you can’t interact with the person you need to save

• guest-L1iV4RCt
    4 posts

@lexthegreat I am also stuck with the same issue. Please let me know if you find a way around it

• guest-L1iV4RCt
    4 posts

@chairmanpow I am having all of the same issues for brewing rebellion please let me know if there’s a fix

• guest-L1iV4RCt
    4 posts

@fredex919 although the door opens in the brewing rebellion quest, many of us still have issues where the cut scene does not start and we cannot progress past this point in the quest. Please issue a full patch to this quest so we can continue playing. We have too much invested at this point to start the game over

• chairmanPow--
    7 posts

@guest-l1iv4rct Nothing. My problem is exactly the same as yours.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

Hey there all!

Allow me to apologise for the delayed update. This issue was marked as resolved following TU 1.1.1. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still encountering this issue in-game. We'd like to collect some additional information from you so we can pass it onto the development team for further investigation.

If you're unable to force open the door in Buckinghamshire, please can you provide a video that shows this in-game. In the video, please also show that you're using the most recent update of the game (TU 1.1.1). Additionally, if you're playing the game on PC/PS4, we would like to collect your save file so the development team can use them in the investigation. To do this, please can you open a support ticket and attach a copy of your save as a .zip folder. Once you've done this, please share your ticket number in the thread so we can pass all the data on. Thanks!

It seems like quite a few of you are also encountering an issue where, upon finding Sigurd and Basim, they don't move from the fishhouse, and the cutscene isn't triggered. The development team are still looking into this issue, and would appreciate the save files of any affected players. If you play on PC/PS4 and have encountered this issue, please can you follow the instructions above and share your ticket number in the thread? We can then ensure that the save files are submitted as part of the investigation 😊

@Sorryk0 - I've taken a look and I can see that this issue has also been reported to the development team for further investigation. We'd like to collect a copy of your save file, if you play on PC/PS4. We'd also like a video that shows the thegns have been rescued but aren't registered as such. You can either share the video here, or within your support ticket (if you're submitting save files). Thank you!

@Razor_of_Ockham - I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. Would you be able to send a video that demonstrates this issue happening in-game? If you play on PC/PS4, please can you also upload your save file for further investigation. We can then pass this report to the development team for a closer look. Thanks!

Official Response
  • General_itals
    1 posts

Theres a point in the "Brewing Rebellion" mission where you have to find and rescue the thegns and I have done that but after i have gotten all four thegns out of their bindings and everything and killed all of the enemies around the camp, Sigurd just goes to the front of the camp and will not move so i can progress with the story. Ive had this problem for 3 days now and i cannot progress the story without this mission completed

• guest-dpoChdS6
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-dpoChdS6
    2 posts

Alright, I finally fixed it by backing up my save files then uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Everything worked fine after that, quest token showed up on map and was able to get sigurd and basim to help with opening the door and trigger the cutscene. Hope this helps for anyone else that's still stuck!

• mortimus27
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis

I have done everything I can in the game and still can’t do Brewing Rebellion. Sigurd and the other are outside the fish hut that there was supposed to be a cutscene. They move outside to fight but won’t interact.

I have 176 hours of game time. This is getting a bit ridiculous. The bug has been known since the game came out and STILL there is no fix. This is a main line quest and I can continue without it.

is there a way to get my money refunded because I am tired of waiting.

• brothelman
    5 posts

Welp, it's now TWO major updates later and Brewing Rebellion still does absolutely nothing for me. Was hoping that 1.1.2 would fix whatever the issue is but nope!

This is honestly ridiculous. I love these games and I've had it since launch and I get every AC at launch. But this is so stupid. I didn't even have these kinds of issues with Unity at launch and was able to finish the game no problem. But this is totally unacceptable.

I love that free content is being added often to the game and there's a roadmap that's got to be followed but before adding ANYTHING FURTHER to the game, Ubisoft needs to address and fix all of these issues. I have sent my save files a month ago, as I'm sure plenty others have, and there's still nothing. This is totally unfair to me and others that spent our hard earned money to buy this game and enjoy ourselves, I spent $130 on the ultimate steelbook edition and I can't even finish the game. This is unreal.

• brothelman
    5 posts

@mortimus27 I just posted my own reply on this thread but I really can't believe after TWO major updates it's still not fixed. They need to hold off on adding new stuff and fix what's already in the base game, ESPECIALLY helix items where people have to pay when the game some of us spent a lot of money on still doesn't even work right 3 months later.

• gusdk3051
    3 posts

@guest-dpochds6 please tell me how back up save files.

• BigMullemeck
    1 posts

I am trying to get through the beginning of the Brewing Rebellion quest. I am well aware of the problems Ubisoft had with this quest earlier this autumn and winter. The issues I find is that, first off, the quest objective does not appear in the upper left hand corner as usual. I can find it in the quest menu, but only there. Then, when I tried doing the objective by walking up the town, Sigurd and Basim stayed down by the river - they did not under any circumstances follow me. So, I went to the longhouse myself, and found the side door which could be opened by force with the help of nother. However, neither Sigurd nor Basim came to my aid when I started bashing on this door. They were still down by the river. I decided the game may be bugged out but decided not to dig in it, and started doing other quests, forging alliances with other areas.
    Here I took to the AC community. I found records of this bug from november and december, but nothing after that. Is this bug thought to be solved? Because it sure isn´t for me.
    On the community websites people recommended I use The Gleewoman as a battering ram, so I tried that - and the door finally burst open. HOWEVER - there was no cutscene when it opened. Nothing happened. I reloaded an older save and redid this after nightfall - the exact same thing happened. Sigurd and Basim never get up to the longhouse, no matter if I fight my way through the town or not. Please, tell me there is a solution for this. I do not want to reload some super old save and have to redo 10+ hours of gameplay - how do I even gain access to such old files?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics