Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • pc 3430
    technical issue 2774
    playstation 4 1460
    xbox one 970
    xbox series xs 380
    playstation 5 325
    8 Likes/246 Replies/1963 Views
    DaddyHodor
    Original poster 2 posts

Playing on Xbox Series X. Just went to make another save, and noticed my previous manual saves showed "Data corrupt!" I opened Load Game and all the autosaves said "Data corrupt!" too.

If I try to make a manual save, its saves in about 2 seconds...but the icon is still spinning in the bottom right. After about 5-10 seconds of spinning, the file name changes from my quest name to "Data corrupt!" Hours of progress about to be gone due to this.

Please help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 551 posts

@DaddyHodor

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been the case.

Do the Auto-Saves also show as corrupted or just the Manual Saves? How much space do you have on your Hard Drive?

Official Response
  • DaddyHodor
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-baron Autosaves, manual saves, quick saves...all "Data corrupt!"

I have over 100 GB free.

• brytoncox
    1 posts

@daddyhodor I have this problem as well. My game crashed after I reported it and as I loaded back in it still loaded be to an auto save even though it was supposedly corrupt. Can’t promise it will work the same for you but it’s worth a shot

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 551 posts

@brytoncox thanks for letting us know. Just to confirm are you also on the Series X?

Are you able to try loading one of the Saves to see if it allows you to access that?

Official Response
  • Stevision
    1 posts

When trying to manually save the game, it keeps showing up as corrupted data. However, my auto-saves worked perfectly fine. Is there a particular fix for this? I saw online that some folks attributed this issue in other Ubisoft games to the cloud save feature.

• R6Viper
    14 posts

Hi, i was with the vpn on and the game works good but now my savegames are getting corrupted randomly and i cannot load some of then cause it says unable to conect to servers and save corrupted, how can i fix this help pls!

• Ryusennin
    12 posts

@ubi-baron

I've just met the same critical bug on PC. It happens randomly with quick saves. Once corrupted, the save file is locked and can only be deleted.

• R6Viper
    14 posts

@ryusennin I'm getting this error too, i lost my game progress , i thougth it was due the vpn but im not sure anyone knows how to fix this?

• BigChungus6923
    1 posts

@r6viper same issue for me on pc as well. I have 200GB free and ive even tried to verify the files on ub connect and tried turning cloyd cloud sync off and on. But all game saves to include quick, auto and manual read as data corrupt. Pretty big bummer for a $120 game. Im hoping for some type of update soon. Also the ingame store never opened for any rewards or challenges to load.

• LoLoBoFr
    1 posts

@ubi-baron
    same problem on XBox One X
    all saves are randomely "data corrupt"

• ShaaneC1988
    1 posts

Same issue here on Xbox One, manual saves are all corrupt, auto saves are working and quick saves not showing as corrupt, but manual save as corrupt, when closing game down and re loading they no longer appear. So basically have to wait until an auto save before stopping play and hoping for the best.

Switched over from Legion because that’s unplayable because of the game crashing every 5 mins and now AC Valhalla saves don’t work, hopefully you can get this patched quickly, £200 ish down the drain on 2 games that don’t work properly, cmon Ubisoft, this is appalling.

• PeachBerry85311
    1 posts

I’ve lost hours and hours of progress due to seemingly random corrupt save files. I don’t know how or why they’re being corrupted, but it’s extremely disappointing and frustrating. There’s no worse feeling than losing all of the hours I put into this game. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue, or am I just doomed to never get any real progress?

• digg.-
    1 posts

Same issue for me on PC

• Talithan_Miir
    3 posts

Playing on XBOX One X Scorpio Edition.

Wired connection at 300+ Mbps for Internet, no VPN, over 5 TB free storage.

All new saves (manual, quick, auto, and Episode) are now being reported as "Data Corrupt." Actually, had an old manual and a couple of old autosaves change to "Data Corrupt" and will now be losing 3 out of 7 hours of game play.

• knetic09
    2 posts

Same here on Xbox One X with over 100GB free. All manual and auto saves are corrupt and lost about 10 hours of gameplay. I don't want to even start over if it will happen again. There is another 120EUR of an unplayable game.

• knetic09
    2 posts

Xbox One X with over 100GB free, very fast internet connection. All manual and auto saves are corrupt and I lost about 10 hours of gameplay. I don't want to even start over if it will happen again. There is another 120EUR of an unplayable game.

• Talithan_Miir
    3 posts

Update to "Data Corruption" save issue.

It seems as if the saves are being reported as corrupted during the current session of play, I just tried closing my game (XBOX Button -> highlight game -> Start Button -> "Quit") and then restarting the game.

Game Started and loaded my latest autosave (8H 4M 10S reported play) and all saves are now normal (not corrupted), hopefully this is a minor reporting glitch/bug that is resolved soon before it becomes game breaking.

• Nateila
    1 posts

Same problem, playing on PS4

• LeanaWoods
    1 posts

Playing on the Xbox one. My save data keeps getting corrupted. Happens to both the manual and the quick save.

Community details

Users
Topics