Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • WildHunt
    62 posts

I should update my initial response to this thread because I managed to resolve my issue and fix my save files. What happened was I had a crash and verified the files on Epic, but what this actually did was revert my game to the launch version, so when I loaded up my game again the save files were marked as corrupt. I fixed it by verifying my files on Ubisoft Connect, which downloaded the update and my saves were fine.

Ubisoft needs to remove the verify files function on the Epic store because this isn't an option on Odyssey and Origins. I submitted a ticket about it but in the meantime don't verify your files on Epic!

• Cuveira69
    3 posts

@silentstorm1563

yea i have the same prooblem... i lost 85 hour... and cannot continue right now... trying to contact the support but i dont know how... already try to create new case but the send button is nowhere to be found.... this is the only place to ask i guest.... i dont want to restart the game i clear almost 70% of the map... really want to continue right now..... but i cant...

• Cuveira69
    3 posts

@natnatnora3

yea i have same problem..80 hour in....
    they say to press continue but the continue is not even an option.... every single one of the save file is corrupted.... cant continue and i dont want to start over from zero..... if its linear game i have zero problem at all.. the problem is the amount of hour i put to collecting and completed the side stuff,
    losing all of that is just like doing leap of faith in solid concrete

• SHRU88ERY
    3 posts

Hello, this happened to me recently. My game crashed and then found all my saves could not be loaded because they are all now corrupt. Playing on PC.

• KeepPractising
    3 posts

Hey, so i've recently started to play the game again. Everything went fine, i was able to proceed my progress just by pressing continue ( i have not done a manual save in months). Now all of the sudden when i opened the game, pressed continue it loaded in a much older game progress, and when i tried to manually load in the latest autosave it said it is corrupted. Now i have lost days of playing the game and i obviousley dont want to start the game again. Is there any way i can get my latest saves? Also if i open the Ubisoft connect and i go to Ac Valhalla game details, it still says that i have my game progress at 45%, but in game i cant open the save that was at 45%game progress.undefined

• NeOVoltron
    95 posts

@keeppractising None of the autosaves work?

• KeepPractising
    3 posts

The autosaves above the corrupt data one are the from after the "rollback" bc as i said earlier i didn't know something was wrong, i just pressed continue after opening the game at it loaded in that earlier version from months ago (the progress i was at after my last manual save on Nov13, as u you can see on the image from the gametime). And after it loaded in it created those autosaves " Today, 1243AM" etc. So everything that i had with my latest progress is corrupt data now for some reason.

• Madrr
    4 posts

So my save file after 105hrs in has become corrupt.. ūüėā

Is there any way to fix this?

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

The only way I've found is to go to load and scroll through until you find a save that isn't corrupted, hopefully it won't be too far back for you,to avoid this in the future I would suggest keeping 3 saved games, that way,if one gets corrupted you have 2 more to fall back on,,also the moment you come across a bug don't try to play through it,you'll only end up with hours of lost game time,it's always better to just go back and reload.....anyway Good Luck !!!!!

• alireza180790
    2 posts

!I have the same issue, after 20 minutes of game it crashed, never happened before the update, then a second and a third time...
    And when i relaunched the game the fourth time, all the save data are corrupted, local and cloud files !! I just lost 48 hours of game in 1minute because of that update

• NeOVoltron
    95 posts

@keeppractising You're playing on PC right?

• Strangahr
    1 posts

@wildhunt You saved me!
    30 hours of playtime you saved me! I did the exact same thing as you and, surprise, same thing happened.
    For everyone that got corrupted saves after verifying on Epic, verify again BUT do so on Ubisoft Connect.

Thank you again!

• KeepPractising
    3 posts

@neovoltron Yes, also its unreal how a big company like ubisoft can manage without having an actually avaliable support system.

• alireza180790
    2 posts

@wildhunt Thaaaaaanks it works perfectly now

• NeOVoltron
    95 posts

@keeppractising Damn, I can't believe you went months without making a manual save or even a quick save. Especially when you're playing on PC and have the option to make backups which, as far as I know, isn't possible for console players to do. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to restore corrupted saved games and the painful alternative is to go back to the latest non-corrupted save.

If I'm honest, I don't think Ubisoft Support will be able to help and they will probably tell you the same thing.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

@keeppractising
    Regretfully we are unable to restore corrupted saves.

To prevent corruption in future, we would offer the following advice -
    When you save your game manually do not overwrite cloud storage save games. You can identify these with the little cloud Icon.
    When you try to load your game and all save games are displayed as corrupted, please restart the game and choose Continue on the Title Screen instead. This will continue with the latest save game.

Official Response
  • Jonrik81
    1 posts

The initial bug I encountered, after 48 hours of game play, was the "Stealth Recon" perk completely stopped working. Enemies were no longer fully highlighted at all in any situation, whether I was crouched or not. In order to try to solve the issue, I deleted the game application from my PS4, but I kept my save files. I reloaded the game application, but now all my save files are listed as corrupted in the the games "Load" menu. The game only allows me to start a new game, which I won't-- not right now, anyway. I played too much of the game to want to restart the experience all over again, right away. I won't come back to the game, if I choose to, until months from now. Is this a known issue, and is there a plan to fix it? Thanks for your time.

• siberious
    1 posts

I bought Valhalla last year and completed it at the start of January. I recently updated the game, and now all of my saves are corrupted. Is there anything I can do to get them back because I can't be bothered playing through the whole game again.

• julamiddag
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • julamiddag
    3 posts

Manual/auto/quick saves corrupted in/near Glowecestre 300-800m. Deleting corrupted saves and saving elsewhere fix the current progress and do not cause corruptions.

I almost lost a 300h save. Even if I now know what not to do I walk on thin ice...

Below is a uncut disorderly video, but it still shows as an example.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics