Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@nerex33 We need to go to court over working off the clock at this point.

• SatanKhull
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis no problems for the tags, happy to help if I can lol

• I have only 1 main manual save
    • It is now corrupted
    • In the 'Load Game' menu I have 5 Autosaves, 4 Quick Saves, 1 Episode Save and my Manual Save, currently only 2 Quick Saves are not corrupted
    • Number of entires in the "Load Game" menu that show as corrupted.
    • They are all from yesterday...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you very much for your updates - I passed them all to the development team to speed up the investigation. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • pacoyorente7
    2 posts

i have the same problem after i started the "siege of paris" dlc. before that all good 200+ hours of gameplay (PS5)
    if i reload the game before arriving in France it works but as soon as i get back to France the problem returns. I tried to re-download the entire DLC but it didn't work
    pls help.

• uttnoT95
    2 posts

Hi,

After I purchased the Season Pass and downloaded the DLC Wraith of the Druids and an additional quest to the storyline the autosave function stopped working. I fixed the issue by playing the ps4 version for a while. Now I downloaded Siege of Paris and the same problem seems to occur again. The last autosave that has been generated after I completed the extra quest (cannot even remember the name anymore) and therefore I cannot replay it or load to the point where I was before. The autosave also does not save any of the chest/treasures or waypoints that I have collected in the DLC mode. This makes me very irritated as I was waiting to play the DLC after the weekend and nothing seems to work with the DLC on my PS5. Funniest thing here is that the seasonal event I was able to complete on my ps5 without any problems.

Tbh I'm very dissappointed right now about the direction where the game is going to after every update since this problem keeps on popping up time after time when I get an update or patch update.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@uttnot95 welcome to the boat man. We are all hoping they fix this Soon ,but who knows...

I just ignore the error message, I delete the corrupt data and keep playing ignoring the message when it pops up, then eventually the game autosaves again. I risk to lose all my progress,as seen other people had this issue,but is ok. I got enough with bugs so if is lost that's it and I move on. Am not even angry anymore.
    I changed my mindset,enjoy the game while it's possible,ignore the bugs lol. Too many hours I guess, close to 600,don't remember.

• FillyFae
    8 posts

I hadn't played Valhalla for a few months until last week when I decided to finish the Platinum trophy before Siege came out.
    Before I did this I checked to make sure my game was updated which it was.

I completed the 14 members of the Order I had left and beat the 8 remaining Orlog players without any issues. At that point I had 6 short trophies left to complete.

I was working on the Silent Viking trophy in Ledecestre, I meditated to make it night time and the game tried to auto-save. That's the first time the "failed to save progress" popped up and showed "data corrupt" on my most recent save file. I researched the issue, tried the suggested workarounds, none of which worked and decided to just brute force my way through the rest of the trophies without saving.

I did finish but it was not enjoyable. I was still getting the annoying pop up every time the game tried to auto-save. Getting Platinum on this game just felt like, "I'm so glad that's over" which was a total drag.

Anyway, so installed Siege and crossed my fingers there was an update included. Sorted out my inventory, and went through the intro in Ravensthorpe. Everything was working beautifully until I landed on the dock in Paris and the "failed to save" pop up started all over again.

I'm not going to provide a video, my game is updated and now follows the exact same pattern as everyone else in this thread.

Feel free to poke around my cloud saves.

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5
    • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? See above
    • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes
    • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? I never use rest mode
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes
    • How often does it happen? Every time it tries to auto-save. Once it happens I can no longer manually save without getting "Failed to save progress"
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? None, my cloud saves are unaffected
    • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? Unsure. It was happening in England, then when Seige came out it seemed OK. Once I landed in Paris it started again.
    • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? I can load the saves but as soon as it auto-saves the data corrupt cycle restarts.
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors 371GB
  • Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1049 posts

Thanks for filling out our report form, @FillyFae , and thanks everyone else too for your further insights. I've passed all this latest information on to help with our investigation, which we're working to have concluded as soon as possible.

Official Response
  • thedicegirl
    1 posts

Another one with the same problem here - game was absolutely fine until I downloaded the Paris expansion - now can't save at all so can't play the game. I've tried all the work arounds / made sure I have the latest version, etc. but it doesn't help.

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5.
    • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? After downloading Paris expansion, when first arriving in Paris.
    • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes.
    • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? Yes. Have been using the rest mode since I started playing the game last November with no problems. Issue only started after Paris expansion.
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes.
    • How often does it happen? Every time the game tries to auto save, and every time I try to manual save. The game is now unplayable.
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? About an hour. That’s not the issue. The game is now unplayable.
    • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? Playing the Paris expansion triggered the bug, it had been fine up until that point, but the bug now occurs everywhere, Ravensthorpe, etc.
    • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? Can load my most recent ‘clean’ save, but the game immediately tries to do an auto save which then gives me the ‘failed’ message. Every new attempt to save is ‘data corrupt’, auto or manual.
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors? 146.5 GB.

We'd also like to collect some information about the number of load/save entries you have. Can you please include this additional information if you're able to:

• Number of saves created: 20.
    • Number of saves created that show as corrupted: Only 2 now because like other people I have been deleting the corrupt saves.
    • Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu: 29.
    • Number of entires in the "Load Game" menu that show as corrupted. If possible, please include the date these corrupted saves first start appearing: 6, first started appearing 13/8/2021, after loading up the Paris expansion.

Hope the video below is helpful. It does actually allow me to do a manual save in Ravensthorpe (3.10) but then after visiting the blacksmith the auto save fails again:

• only_today2k
    1 posts

another one: all the same, popup of failed savegame, after entering paris dlc ( ps5 ) and corrupted savegames.

i side note: i just installed the ps4 version ( on ps5 ) and actuallly everything seems to be fine,
    no more corrupted savegames or the annoying popup.

switching back to the ps5 version the popup comes up again.

• axelmarquez94
    1 posts

Buenas! Tengo el mismo problema "Datos Dañados!" No puedo volver a cargar otra partida, todo está dañado desde el DLC de París. Alguna solucion?

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@axelmarquez94 No de momento,estamos todos jodidos a la espera de que lo solucionen ,y a saber cuando sera.
    Saludos

• FillyFae
    8 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Thanks! I loved the intro to Paris and am really looking forward to playing soon.

And thanks for staying so transparent about this, it really helps.

• aframe2012
    2 posts

Hi All, same problem for me. Please see my report below with YouTube link included. Please let me know if I can provide anything else at all, I really just want to play the new DLC 🙂

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?

PS5

• When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors?

Since beginning Siege of Paris DLC

• Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?"

Yes

• Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? 

No, always fully closed and PS5 shut down

• Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? 

Yes

• How often does it happen? 

Every time the game tries to autosave

• How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? 

None yet, discontinued play once I saw the issue occur

• Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? 

Yes, season pass.

• Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves?

I can load the cloud saves successfully

• How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors?

200GB+

• Number of saves created:

25 saves total

• Number of saves created that show as corrupted:

10 corrupted

• Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu:

25 saves

• Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu that show as corrupted. If possible, please include the date these corrupted saves first start appearing:

10 corrupted, earliest is 12 August 2021

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

OMG you guys. So I decided to take the "Restart your game to be able to save again" quite literally, as in I started a new game. Got through all the prologue stuff with little Eivor, skipped the cutscene with Ktove as grown Eivor, reloaded my manual save from right before I went to Francia and when I went to Francia, no more error message! Huzzah!

• evilgiraffe12
    2 posts

Seems like most people are reporting this on PS5, but I'm having the issue on PS4. After arriving in Francia, as soon as you ride up to the top of the hill after getting off of the boat, the failed to save starts popping every time it tries to autosave, and then will freeze after a couple times.

• DarkMessiah82
    3 posts

Hi,
    Im a huge AC Fan and played every Game but Valhalla is the buggiest [censored] i have ever played. First i played the Game 36h on my XBox One, all was fine. Then I bought a Series X and transfered the Game and save from my One. Every Savegame i wont to load was corrupted, so 36h of playin for nothing. I started a new Game and everytime when I will ship to England, the Game crashes and i landed on the XBox Dashboard. I cant play this Game anymore!!!! I payed 70€ and i dont can play this Game!!!! Im totally [censored] up!!!! UBISOFT this suxx. If nothing happend here i will post this problem viral on FB,Insta,Twitter,TikToK...! I will not tolerate this [censored] what was done with us players.

• DarkMessiah82
    3 posts

I have done all Troubleshooting Steps and nothing solved my problems ...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@evilgiraffe12 is all platforms. Am.on PS4 too.

• gun414
    4 posts

@gun414

also this is on a disc for ps5. I have been able to force a save point by atlas traveling to another region before logging out of the game. The data corrupt message still pops up continually. All my saves are listed as corrupt. You have permission to access any of them.

Suggested Topics