ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

@thedicegirl @aframe2012 Thanks so much for filling out our templates - I've added your responses to our reports. We really appreciate it!

@DarkMessiah82 I appreciate that this is a frustrating time for you - I'd also be disappointed if I had a new console and a game I had wasn't working correctly. You mentioned that you'd tried the troubleshooting steps, so I just wanted to double-check that you've specifically done the ones on our Series X troubleshooting guide. In particular, making sure you've fully updated the console and all software, and given the console a power cycle. If the issue persists thereafter, I'd really appreciate it if you could also fill out the template you'll see in many other player's posts in this topic, so I can pass your report on to help with our investigation. Thanks!

For everyone else, thanks so much for your additional reports and insights! Our investigation is ongoing, and you can really help us out if you have a quick run through our troubleshooting guide (this one links to all platforms, so click the one you are playing on), and if its steps don't solve the problem, please fill out the template linked by Ubi-Borealis on page 26 (or just copy it from the other player's posts since then and substitute in your own answers). Thanks folks, we really appreciate your help.

Official Response
  • DeadGhxst
    2 posts

I've been having this issue only just after starting the Siege of Paris DLC, where the game constantly tells me it cannot save progress and telling me to restart the game (which i've done and it didn't change anything) and everytime i manually save it says the data is corrupted although the cloud save seems to have no issues. Been playing for 100+ hours but it just started happening since this last update/dlc.

• DarkMessiah82
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney

I have also done the Series X Troubleshooting.

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • Series X
      • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors?
    • Since Data Transfer from One to Series X
      • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?"
    • No
      • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? 
    • No
      • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? 
    • Yes
      • How often does it happen? 
    • Every time the game tries to autosave
      • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? 
    • 36h
      • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    • No
      • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves?
    • I cant load any Savegame, the Console kicks me everytime back to Dashboard
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors?
    • over 100GB
      • Number of saves created:
      • Number of saves created that show as corrupted:
      • Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu:
      • Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu that show as corrupted. If possible, please include the date these corrupted saves first start appearing:

• morphasm
    3 posts

@deadghxst
    I'm experiencing the same issue! As soon as I start the game and load in it says an error happened and I can't save the game and have to restart the game. When I try saving it says data corrupt and when it tries to autosave it gives me the error warning again that it's unable to save and I have to restart my game in order to save again. Any idea how to fix this ? I Uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it but it's still not working

• Garbo3
    780 posts

@ubi-thrupney Today I loaded the game,and inmediatly got the error to save progress,straight away. Is getting worse and worse,so I don't bother to do videos anymore. I already did my report and added video aswell.
    But seems to happen all the time now and more often.I fast travel to be able to save my progress.

• K-Taisa
    4 posts

I have the same problem since I installed the siege of paris. especially occurs when approaching paris. once a problem occurs, it will start to occur too in another country. PS5

• bookwormrebel
    1 posts

I have just started the siege of Paris on the ps5. I get a constant error message of not being able to save data. Also every ‘auto save’ is data corrupt. The manual save doesn’t work either. Totally unplayable and wish I hadn’t bothered. I’ve had to go to a previous load to put me back in England as the map wouldn’t let me go back. This is seriously a basic thing being able to save.

• krissyd215
    7 posts

I'm currently having the same problem. It's ONLY happening while I'm in Francia. I returned to England through the Atlas and its saving as normal. I've Uninstalled, deleted all data, reinstalled etc and it happened as soon as I loaded in. This problem is limited to the whole Francia location. Unfortunately, In still also unable to replay Wrath of the Druids as the locations are all completed upon 2nd playthrough.
    My case number: 15167675

• Garbo3
    780 posts

@krissyd215 I was OK until I travelled to Francia, now England is affected too.

• krissyd215
    7 posts

@garbo3 ugh that sucks. So far, it's been fine in England for me but I haven't returned to Francia since I came back. I debated on trying to see if I can do a few missions, come back to England so it saves, then go back but now I'm afraid it'll happen in England too.

• CallumEllwood
    6 posts

I'm also in the same boat. Have been trying since Thursday to play the France dlc and keep hitting the corrupted save data wall as soon as I get to France. How was this not tested before it got released?!?

• guest-DOlc09vj
    1 posts

@deadghxst I have the same troubles with my PS5 disc after installing Paris. There is one place where autosave and manuall save works. „Hidden anchorage“ south of paris. Do your missions and end them there until Ubi fixes the problem.

• DViegas
    1 posts

Been having the same issue as everyone here regarding the "data corrupt" in Francia issue. However, I've actually been able to play through a very small portion of the expansion by saving at specific locations. For example, after I played for a little while, I would go back to Melunois because all of my saves (manual and auto) would be fine there. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a while and now I get the same "failed to save game progress" error as I get everywhere else as well as all my autosaves having the "data corrupt" message. I don't know the reason as to why my saves were fine whenever I went to Melunois nor why it randomly stopped working.

There's another instance at the very beginning of the expansion, when you first get to Francia and you have to travel with the norse girl to Melunois, where one autosave always seems to work: the one that happens at a sort of crossroads, between the Focus on the Frankish scouts and Melunois. All of the other autosaves that happen during the travel give me the "failed to save game progress" error except for that one. I tried several times and every time the same thing happens. Hope it's useful somehow.

• krissyd215
    7 posts

@garbo3 updating to say it started again in England and I haven't even returned to Francia yet. Ugh.

• kavalarias
    6 posts

Hello again am starting to have the same issue everywhere now not only in fancia and i have seen that the game some times it can save for example it saves the game when i gather an opal stone for same reason and plus for an unknown reason when i load the game in any save evior is drunk
    Thats my news for you
    Hope you have a solution quickly it's getting really frustrating

• Tobydal
    1 posts

Same here. Since installing AC Valhalla Dlc, Siege of Paris and progressing to the Slums area the game will not save either auto save or manual save. Every time it tries to auto save the attached screenshot error message happens and also the same when I try to manually save. Now I have a list of corrupt save files.

• Maddox64
    27 posts

Add another PS5 user to those who get this error. I love the game but after waiting 6 months for you to fix the Lost Glory bug while you continued to roll out new content and now getting this error I have lost faith in this team (or at least their testing).

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5
    • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? After Installing Siege In Paris
    • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes, they go hand in hand for me.
    • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? Every now and again but not regularly.
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it?  Yes.
    • How often does it happen? Every Autosave and manual save, but mainly when I am in or near Paris. I was able to fast travel to the furthest fast travel location and then save.
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? I have not lost playtime yet as I do what I can to get a good save before quitting (see above answer)
    • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? I have all season pass content. I have only noticed the save issue in in Siege of Paris Expansion but that is all I have done since it's release.
    • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? I have not tried or checked cloud saves.
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors? 170 GB

• Maddox64
    27 posts

@tobydal So far I have been able to just fast travel to the furthest fast travel locations away from Paris itself and can usually save.

• Catgenie1608
    1 posts

Just another frustrated player.....

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5
    • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? After playing the Siege of Paris DLC for a few hours, having started the game erroneously with the PS4 version, and then tried to switch back to play the PS5 version
    • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes
    • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? Yes, sometimes
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes
    • How often does it happen? Every time the game autosave or when I try to manual save
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? A few hours, as I tried to load the last save before reaching France and gave up the progress
    • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? Yes, I bought the season pass. But no such problem with Wrath of the Druids. Now, the problem occurs also in England.
    • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? Yes, but subsequent auto or manual saves are all corrupt.
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors? 329GB

Thanks

• K-Taisa
    4 posts

In my case, the save fails in the area inside the purple line, as in this image.

Suggested Topics