Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FillyFae
    8 posts

@ubi-woofer

I do own and did play Wrath of the Druids briefly. The last time I was on that map was sometime last week, shortly before Siege came out.

To clarify further the first time I experienced the error was around last Tuesday but I had played for about 4 days prior to that with no errors. The error first happened when I meditated in Ledecestre.

Then when I got Seige of Paris everything was fine. I ran around Ravensthorpe clearing inventory, had a feast, etc. The error happened again as soon as I arrived and got off on the dock to Paris.

I deleted any corrupted save files so I don't have access to those but I did make a save right before travelling to Paris.
    If more videos is something helpful to the devs I could find time to reload and record what happens when travelling there.

• azullFR
    1105 posts

@ubi-woofer

would the development team like to recieve via tickets, from french players (so french tickets) :

1. Filled Templates and Saves from PS4 ?
    2. Filled Templates from PS5 (they can't save on USB) ?
    3. Filled Templates and maybe Save from Xbox (I don't know if they can send Saves) ?
    4. Filled Templates and Saves from PC ?
  • Ibuprofen1200mg
    11 posts

Someone here stated that it fixed his issue after he startet a new game and then loaded the old one.
    If I want to start a new game it tells me that my last autosave will be deleted. Apart from that all my autosaves are corrupt and therefor are deleted, will it affect also my other save games (e.g. the ones in the cloud) or really only the autosaves?

• azullFR
    1105 posts

@ibuprofen1200mg

have a look at @zoz72 post in this topic :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/103291/constant-crashes/2?lang=en-US

first had corruption on AC-Valhalla with Paris DLC, then also on AC-Odyssey... scaring ! 😨

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@azullfr Really???? I dont even know what to say to that without using a bad word.

• Moef01
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I hope this can help the develops. Sorry, if it is the wrong place to submit this:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PlayStation 5
    • When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? Sunday, 15/08-2021. Just finished the "Warlord of Melun" quest and went on exploring Francia.
    • Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes.
    • Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? No, I don't use rest mode but I don't close the application first before shuting down the PS5. (I have played almost 180 hours and never been a problem before).
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes, it happens after a couple of minutes.
    • How often does it happen? I have only experienced it 2 times. Every autosave and manual save is corrupted after the first "Failed to save game progress" notice.
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? Less than an hour. I managed to reload an old autosave and make a manual save before the error happend again.
    • Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? I own both expansions but the error first occur in Siege of Paris and now it occurs in the main game and maps as well.
    • Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? I can load cload saves, older auto saves and manual saves. But I can't create manual saves after the error occurs.
    • How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors? 280+ Gb
    • Number of saves created: I got 3 manual saves and 5 auto saves today, when I got the error again. I deleted all corrupt auto and manual saves yesterday.
    • Number of saves created that show as corrupted: Only one today but yesterday I had 6 corrupted saves. However, the corrupted saves stack up after receiving the first "Failed to save game progress" notice.
    • Number of entries in the "Load Game" menu: Around 8 or 10 (Can't remember).
    • Number of entires in the "Load Game" menu that show as corrupted. If possible, please include the date these corrupted saves first start appearing. None, since I deleted them. But they first started appearing August 15th 2021.

I don't have any videos or photos of the error and I will be busy the next couple of days with work, so I can't help on that front. However, I noticed when the error occured again today, it happened when autosave slot 1 was overwritten. All other auto and manual saves were okay before that happened. So I reload the lasted uncorropted save and created a new manual save.

• azullFR
    1105 posts

@garbo3

I've just realized that the player (zoz72) was "only" speaking of crash, but it was not about data corruption, most probably it was due to PC settings or something like that :
    so, my previous post is somehow too much "alarmist"

• Macri0071980
    12 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi I am Justin,

I have not played in a while but we the fans are all sick and tired of this this is not the "Assassin's Creed" we were promised and we want to have fun doing assassins Creed again all we are asking to upgrade all the files in the update better and more 4k power and we want to have fun and see were it is leading up to AC 1 we want ACV to grow like online modes and other stuff. We also are asking to please make the game stabled like they did with Avengers look how long it took them to finally get it in a working road that is all we are asking.

Justin

• NATAS_LIVE
    1 posts

@daddyhodor
    Same here just now. I have about 144hrs of gameplay and all of my save files just disappeared. I have taken 100's of pics in game and completed the whole map, side quest,world events,collectables and more but only completed a bout 4-5 main story mission.I am playing on Series X and have quit to dashboard and reloaded the game and all I get is "new game" no load game,nothing. THIS NEEDS TO FIXED ASAFP...

• paulcler
    1 posts

This has started happening to me too. Same as everyone else. In all the areas around Paris. At the minute it saves if I go back to home or sometimes if I just keep dismissing the error and playing the mission it will save. I am on PS5. Have season pass. Have lots of GB free. Etc etc.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding the "Data Corrupt" and "Failed to Save Game Data" errors you have been encountering in-game. The development team have provided an updated report template that we would like you to fill out, if you have not already. You can find the report template below:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long?
    • How often does the error appear?
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves
    • How much space do you have on your console's storage?
    • How many saves slots do you have filled? And does this issue happen on all of them?
    • Are you able to create a new manual save (not overwriting your existing one)?

If you play the game on PS4, the development team are interested in collecting a copy of your local save file. This support article will guide you on how to submit your save file for further investigation. Once you have opened a support ticket and submitted your save, please share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure they are forwarded to the development team.

Additionally, the development team are still interested in collecting videos/images of the error happening in-game. If possible, please can you also send us any of the following:

• A video which shows:
      • That you have TU 1.3.0 installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu
      • Your current saved games, showing all of the saves that have the "Data Corrupt!" error, as well as any saves that are unaffected. It's important to see the number of saves that are affected by this issue.
      • If there are any specific triggers to the "Data Corrupt!" error, please can you include these in your video.
    • Image(s) which show(s):
      • Any specific error messages relating to your save game(s) that you receive aside from the "Data Corrupt!" marker on the save file(s) themselves.

If you are able to share images/videos with us, please can you upload these to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive)? This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread that we can include in your report to the development team.

@FillyFae - Thanks for providing us with some more information about your own experience with this error. We'll add this to your report.

@azullFR - If players would rather share their reports via support ticket, they are more than welcome to! I would use the template we have provided above, as this is the most up-to-date.

@Ibuprofen1200mg - Starting a new game will overwrite your last autosave, as it will begin autosaving your new game. Any manual saves will be unaffected, and any older autosaves will remain available until they are automatically overwritten by the autosave feature. If you'd like to start a new game, I would recommend creating a manual save to ensure that no progress is lost in your current game.

@Moef01 - Thank you for taking the time to fill in our report template, and to provide us with all of the requested information. I've now shared this will the development team.

@Macri0071980/Justin - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when playing "Assassin's Creed: Valhalla." If you're encountering these save errors, please can you fill in the report template provided above? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

@NATAS_LIVE - I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your save data. Just to clarify, did you receive any "Data Corrupt!" or "Failed to Save Game Data" errors before this happened? If you have not encountered these errors, please can you share your report in our Megathread about losing save game progress. This will allow us to investigate your issue separately.

@paulcler - To help us to investigate the errors you're encountering in Francia, please can you fill out the report template provided above? We can then forward this to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • CallumEllwood
    6 posts

Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)? PS5 Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? NO Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long? NO How often does the error appear? AS SOON AS I GET OFF THE BOAT AT THE START OF FRANCIA If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? YES BUT ONLY FROM AN UNCORRUPTED SAVE AND AS SOON AS I START FRANCIA IT CORRUPTS AGAIN Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves How much space do you have on your console's storage? 68GB CONSOLE STORAGE How many saves slots do you have filled? 10 SAVE SLOTS EITHER MANUAL, AUTO, QUICKSAVE AND CLOUD And does this issue happen on all of them? ALL SAVE TYPES ARE AFFECTED Are you able to create a new manual save (not overwriting your existing one)? NO ALL SAVES ARE CORRUPTED.

Is there any updates as to what's causing this and when a fix is due? rather than just reposting the questionnaire??

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@ubi-borealis "updated" template? Am I missing something? This template seems to be word for word the same as the first that was posted...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello there!

@CallumEllwood - Thank you for taking the time to fill in the report for us. We'll pass this along to the development team for them to take a closer look at. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all regarding the investigation into these save errors, including any news of a fix. Rest assured that as soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

@WERMWOOD - The template has been updated as some of the information requested (such as "How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any?" and "Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)?") is no longer needed by the development team. We've also streamlined the report to be more concise, making it easier for affected players to provide all of the requested information, as well as for this information to be forwarded to the development team.

As you've noticed, many of the questions in this new template are similar to our previous templates, which is why we're only asking players yet to share a report with us to use this template. We don't need player to repeat the information they have already provided to us using the previous templates 🙂

We have also had a new request from the development team for local PS4 saves. We have now included this request in the updated template, as well as steps on how to submit your local PS4 save for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • gun414
    4 posts

So everyone has been answering the questionnaires that you send to the development team can you get us an update or estimate? Also will this ever be on the known issues 1.3.0 post? It’s obviously affecting a lot of your customers. Thank you for working on this but please make this transparent if there is any timeline.

• Orotourbilol
    29 posts

"Rest assured that as soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread".

9 Mount and soon More for corrupt save. 👏

• flynner19
    5 posts

@callumellwood that seems like you filled out the form for me exactly lol
    No difference in problems I am having with exact same issues etc
    Hopefully it will get sorted soon

• flynner19
    5 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    PS5
    When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors? Upon arriving at dock in francia
    Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?" Yes
    Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? Close first no rest mode
    Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? Yes
     How often does it happen? Everytime I reach dock in francia during 1st mission for expansion
    How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? None as I reload uncorrupted save and don't play siege of Paris
    Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)? Yes both
    If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? Only on arrival in Francia
    Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully? Yes providing it is not corrupted Or does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves? All saves become corrupted on arrival. Have not progressed past 1st mission to travel up hill past scouts
    How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors? 322.5 GB

• JHandibode
    21 posts

After siege of paris i can no longer save game and get save error message. So like save bug prior , i have to wait 2 to 3 months for patch for fix on game? Come on ubisoft, with all money you make, bugs still come and break whole game? Corrupt files return to hit saves . Please fix or many like me will stop playing again until fix. I dont want to lose hours of play.

• CallumEllwood
    6 posts

@flynner19 I'm just so fed up with games and updates coming out broken. I used to ignore it like it was a one off but its happening more often now to the point that it has actually changed how and when i purchase/play games. there's lots of issues in the videogames industry and ubisoft is part of that problem and they all need to be addressed quickly and taken seriously as its clearly affecting everyone across the board.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics