ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WolfieWinter7
    2 posts

Hey all of my save games on Valhalla are corrupted what can i do to fix this?

• Metr0p1ex
    4 posts

@metr0p1ex After checking local files and uninstalling again, re-clearing cache, the game installed and 24 hours later auto updated to 1.3.2. Once this was done my saves were no longer corrupted. You would think the developers/programmers would have put in a version check and display the saves are not from the current installed version and at least let you know the version the saves are from not just display "Corrupted". There is still no way to check for updates to make sure you have the latest version which is now 1.4 and Epic still shows the CU1.3 as the installed version. Older saves can be loaded into newer game versions but not newer saves to older game versions.

• MadMacks_23
    2 posts

Same Problem on PS4. All saves show "Data corrupt!"
    Have checked cloud and reinstalled game.
    Saves also show 0h 0m played. I've put serious time into Valhalla so this is wrong.

• MadMacks_23
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Same Problem on PS4. All saves show "Data corrupt!"
    Have checked cloud and reinstalled game.
    Saves also show 0h 0m played. I've put serious time into Valhalla so this is wrong?

• Marmadankk420
    2 posts

I have recently come back to play AC: Valhalla on PS4 and every single one of my saves is corrupted!! I had nearly 300 hours of gameplay!! Now all the saves are showing is that there's 0H 0M 0s. I'm assuming all progress is gone?! Is there anything I can do get these back?!?!

Thanks in advance!!!

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 641 posts

@Metr0p1ex I'm glad to hear that the issue resolved after the game updated! I appreciate, and will send along, the feedback provided as well

As for everyone else still experiencing this issue, would you answer the following questions for me if you haven't already done so?

• Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long? 
    • How often does the error appear? 
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves. 
    • Do you own either of the expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansions content or do they also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    • How much space do you have on your console's storage? 
    • How many saves slots do you have filled? And does this issue happen on all of them? 
    • Are you able to create a new manual save (not overwriting your existing one)? 
    Official Response
  • Marmadankk420
    2 posts

I have all dlcs never usually keep the game minimized, I have recently reinstalled Valhalla as I'd finished all story, DLC, collectibles, etc. I was able to start a new game and save but the save went corrupt instantly. I always do manual saves. I have a fair amount of free space on on my console. I have filled 2 slots, 1 for my 290+ hour game and a new game. Awaiting update to install to see if it gets fixed. XD. Edit: I thought it was strange when I loaded it to the main menu it said version 1.0.0 when before it was 1.3.0?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Marmadankk420!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a "Data Corrupt!" error. You mention that the main menu informed you that you have Version 1.0.0 installed, rather than the most recent Title Update version, correct? If this is the case, it sounds like the game has fully installed all of its updates, which may be causing your data to show as corrupted.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please can you verify your game files to ensure that all updates for Assassin's Creed Valhalla have been installed. If there are any missing or corrupted files, this troubleshooting step should help to resolve this.

If your save file still shows as corrupt after trying this step, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1786 posts

@Marmadankk420 now it should say 1.4.1.2 and that's probably why your saves are corrupt, because you're playing much older game with saves from more recent release and there's a conflict.
    Updating should solve the problem.
    @Ubi-Borealis as far as I know, there's no "verify game files" on consoles, as we can't tamper with files in the first place.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your input, @bielik01!

You're correct - players are unable to verify their game files on console using these steps. I'm aware there was an issue previously wherein Ubisoft Connect pushed old updates to several of our titles, which is why I've included the steps on how to verify game files as @Marmadankk420 hadn't specified their platform, but had mentioned they had an earlier update installed.

If you play the game on console, @Marmadankk420, then I'd recommend you try basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. You can find support articles to guide you through this below:

If your data is still showing as corrupted after trying the steps for your dedicated platform, then please don't hesitate to let us know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Chrisodris
    1 posts

I've been playing the game for several weeks on PC through the Epic Games launcher and had an issue this evening where I was getting a black screen on launch. Nothing I tried would fix the issue so I decided to re-install the game. Since doing this all of my save files have become corrupt. Please help.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @chrisodris, I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please answer the following for me? It will greatly assist with the development teams investigation.

• Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long? 
    • How often does the error appear? 
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves. 
    • Do you own either of the expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansions content or do they also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    • How much space do you have on your console's storage? 
    • How many saves slots do you have filled? And does this issue happen on all of them? 
    • Are you able to create a new manual save (not overwriting your existing one)? 

Additionally, If you are still experiencing this issue, please can you verify your game files: (https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/technical-support-c90/general-support-c91/how-do-i-verify-game-files-in-the-epic-games-launcher-a3638) to ensure that all updates for Assassin's Creed Valhalla have been installed. If there are any missing or corrupted files, this troubleshooting step should help to resolve this.

• Dawnfeather1012
    1 posts

I'm not receiving a saved data corruption message, but just simply a game data corruption message on PS4 currently. I've been playing for roughly 17 hours, and this happened to me earlier this evening, regardless of which save I loaded, and none showing as corrupted.

I tried reinstalling the game as the message suggests, and for about 2 hours of gameplay, everything seemed to be going great. But now I'm receiving the message again, and can't continue the story.

Open to suggestions, I've never had any issues with any previous Ubisoft game, AC: Valhalla is the first that's been a problem. Hope there's a fix other than reinstalling the game every couple of hours of gameplay.

The game version is 1.4.2 currently as well.

I did read where someone mentioned autosaving was the problem for them it seemed, I'm not sure if that's what's going on here, but if there's a way to turn it off I will try that as well.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Dawnfeather1012! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble with game data corruption. You mention that none of your saves are showing as "Data Corrupt" within the "Load" menu. Is that correct?

Can you let us know what the exact error message you're receiving on your PS4 is? If you can provide a screenshot showing any error codes, that would be helpful for us as we look into this issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • PeroDoma69
    1 posts

Hi I have a problem with My AC Valhalla My file is corrupted is there any way to fix it i have put almost 200 hours in this game and i have completed 100%please any advice

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @perodoma69, thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that. To help us investigate the issue further, could you please answer the questions I posted earlier? I will also post them below for you:

Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long? 
    How often does the error appear? 
    If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves. 
    Do you own either of the expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansions content or do they also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    How much space do you have on your console's storage? 
    How many saves slots do you have filled? And does this issue happen on all of them? 
    Are you able to create a new manual save (not overwriting your existing one)? 

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Txrpid
    3 posts

@ubi-gizmo Hi there, play on PC, and whenever I launch Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the game itself opens up but whenever I try to load into a game save or try to continue the screen goes black, and then the game just crashes. This happens every time I try to play and I am really disappointed as I only recently got the game. But if I try to play the discovery tour, the game works perfectly fine.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Txrpid!

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues whilst loading your save. Just to clarify, have you encountered a "Data Corrupt" error when loading your save? Or does the screen just turn black and the game crash?

This information will help us to better understand the issue you're encountering and provide you with the right troubleshooting steps.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Blakkerson88
    1 posts

Having the same issue, this is my 3rd time reinstalling the game and it keeps crashing. The game was working fine a month ago where I would save manually on different files and didnt overwrite any files. Now I've completely deleted the game.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 225 posts

Hi @blakkerson88 and sorry to hear that you're also affected. Are your saves corrupted or the game is just crashing after the black screen while trying to load? Could you please provide a screenshot? Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics