ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Caue_Guion
    20 posts

Auto and manual saves are getting corrupted. And with that, all game progress is lost. And it happens all the time, making it unbearable and frustrating to play. This was one of the most serious issues in the game and one that Ubisoft had fixed. But now with Dawn of Ragnarok, that problem has returned. It's very sad, but I'll have to stop playing. Please fix this issue again urgently. It is absurd to make the same serious mistake twice.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@caue_guion

This problem is with the i3D.net server Ubisoft is working on it again when they finish some of your save will come back

• Caue_Guion
    20 posts

@aorus2017 Thanks for the feedback. So Ubisoft already knows that this problem has reoccurred and is already working to solve it? Do you know when Ubisoft will release the patch to resolve this issue?

• Bojan-77
    30 posts

So on the forum everything is written, I sent before and save you, Youtube video, screenshoot, and now please do not waste two months, again, for this same problem, so again it is impossible manual and autosave! Data corupt has come! You know everything, and the last time you release a DLC the same thing. The problem is when you play and start auto save it blocks everything with notifications about the impossibility of auto save and data corupt, I'm writing now for PS5, then it was PS4 Pro. So for PS5 I can't auto save and manual save at all, only auto save cloud works! Please fix as soon as possible.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Bojan-77,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a "Data Corrupt!" error when trying to save your game. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about your experience? We can then ensure that your report is included in the correct investigation for the issue you're encountering.

• Do you use Quick Resume/Switcher? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long?
    • How often does the error appear? Is it every time you try to save, or does it only happen occasionally?
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves
    • Do you own any expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?
    • How much space is available on your console storage?
    • How many total saves slots do you have? How many have the Corrupt error?
    • Are you able to create a new manual save (without overwriting your existing one)?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@ubi-borealis I answered you all a few months ago, you have everything here on this forum, everything, but I received this answer from one user of the forum, so forward to where the problem is, and that helped, as soon as I put on the original equipment on Jomsviking, you waited for the cloud save and then reset the game. If I changed the equipment again, corrupt save would occur, means the problem is in the visual change to Jomsviking:

Rammst0ne 11 posts
    Mar 25, 2022, 5:40 PM
    @bojan-77 I don't know if this will help you but I had this corrupt problem previously and it was tied to which items you had equipped on your Jomsviking. Go to the woman just to the right of you when you fast travel to the settlement and change all the items equipped on your Jomsviking. This solved the issues I had with corrupt save game on multiple occasions

• quique1977
    2 posts

Bonjour,
    J'ai 255h de jeu sur valhalla.depuis hier, mon profil n'est plus reconnu je ne peux plus du tout accéder à mes sauvegardes c'est marqué contenu endommagé y compris dans le cloud je n'y comprends rien. 

• azullFR
    2417 posts

@quique1977

Bonjour, ce problème est connu d'Ubisoft depuis, minimum, le 10 Novembre 2020,

Je ne sais pas si c'est ton cas mais je mets çà ici pour tout le monde :

• à l'heure actuelle il est toujours fortement déconseillé d'utiliser la fonction "mise en veille" du jeu ou de la console (ou du système)
    • Pas garanti à 100% : Pour limiter les risques de corruption = mettre le Jomsviking avec son équipement de base, celui qui lui est octroyé par défaut (il semble que certains équipements causent la coruption)

Si jamais tu y arrives (pas du tout garanti) :

1. quitte Valhalla, éteins la PS, débranches là 5 à 10 minutes pour faire un reset de la mémoire cache
    2. Redémarres et essaies de voir si Valhalla veut bien te lancer une partie
    3. Si c'est bon, change de suite l'équipement de ton Jomsviking

Bonne chance et bon courage à toi 🤞

[SOURCE] : Forum Ubi anglais = https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82641/data-corrupt-error-on-save-games-post-here?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@quique1977 Hi there, and thank you for reaching out to us on the Ubisoft Forums. Per our Forum Rules, we can only assist here in English. We invite you to kindly translate your message into English moving forward, or reach out to us on our French Forums.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2417 posts

@ubi-spacecats
    sorry, I thought we were on the French Forum

so, @quique1977 was saying that after playing Valhalla for a total of 255 hours on PS5 , all datas, profile included became corrupted

I answered (quick resume) to try, if possible, after quitting game and shutting down PS5 for 5 or 10 minutes with no power cord, to try again to launch a save and if successfull to revert as soon as possible to the default Jomsviking gear, aswell to avoid using any "Pause" or "Sleep" game or PS5 option 🙂

[SOURCE] : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82641/data-corrupt-error-on-save-games-post-here?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@azullfr Thank you so much!

@quique1977 Moving forward, I am going to merge this post with this megathread so that all the information is one place. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Caue_Guion!

I'm sorry to hear that your saves are becoming corrupted. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about this?

• Can you confirm that you have the latest Title Update installed on your platform (TU 1.5.0.1)? You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner on the main game menu.
    • Are all of your saves showing as corrupted, or only some of them?
    • Are you receiving any error messages or pop-ups when trying to create a save file?
    • Are you able to save at all? Or do any saves you create (manual/auto/quick) show as corrupted?

This information will help us to look into this issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Caue_Guion
    20 posts

Auto and manual saves are getting corrupted. And with that, all game progress is lost. And it happens all the time, making it unbearable and frustrating to play. This was one of the most serious issues in the game and one that Ubisoft had fixed. But now with Dawn of Ragnarok, that problem has returned. It's very sad, but I'll have to stop playing. Please fix this issue again urgently. It is absurd to make the same serious mistake twice.

• Bojan-77
    30 posts

I received this answer from one user of the forum, and that helped, as soon as I put on the original equipment on Jomsviking, you waited for the cloud save and then reset the game. If I changed the equipment again, corrupt save would occur, means the problem is in the visual change to Jomsviking:

Rammst0ne 11 posts
    Mar 25, 2022, 5:40 PM
    @bojan-77 I don't know if this will help you but I had this corrupt problem previously and it was tied to which items you had equipped on your Jomsviking. Go to the woman just to the right of you when you fast travel to the settlement and change all the items equipped on your Jomsviking. This solved the issues I had with corrupt save game on multiple occasions.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4278 posts

Hi @caue_guion apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your saves.

I have merged your post with a megathread that we have created for this particular issue.

Could you please confirm the following:

• Do you use the suspend/resume feature for rest mode whilst playing the game?
    • How often does the error appear? Is it every time you try to save, or does it only happen occasionally?
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves
    • Do you own any expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?
    • How much space is available on your console storage?
    • How many total saves slots do you have? How many have the Corrupt error?
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @Bojan-77, and for letting us know that changing your Jomsviking to the default cosmetics resolved the data corruption error. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to find a workaround!

I've heard similar reports to this before, and I'd be interested in collecting some additional information from you. You mentioned that the "data corrupt" error occurs again if you try changing the gear of the Jomsviking. Would you be able to capture a video of this, as this will be really useful for the ongoing investigation into this specific trigger for the error. I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Would you be able to provide us with the following information as well:

• Are all of your saves showing as corrupted, or only some of them?
    • Are you receiving any error messages or pop-ups when trying to create a save file?
    • Are you able to save at all? Or do any saves you create (manual/auto/quick) show as corrupted?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@ubi-borealis Honestly, I have no will to answer to you and your colleagues always the same, always the same questions, for 6 months ... disaster of incapacity, so far at least when the problem arises I managed with cloud save, now as an option for cloud save is nowere to find it at all, I can't change the equipment for Jomsviking either, because I have no save for reload, I give up, I deleted the game, and ended up with Ubisoft as a preorder, as a fan I will buy AC after two years on the market, but before need to check the forums for problems ...

• RockLou
    3 posts

I reinstalled the game and this happened...

'

• RockLou
    3 posts

I fixed my problem by verifying games files in epic. It took like 3 hours though

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4278 posts

Hi @Bojan-77 @rocklou apologies for the late response.

@Bojan-77 I have merged your post with this megathread that we have created for this issue.

I'm afraid that we have to gather the required information that the development team requested to help with their investigation. I can only apologise that you have encountered this issue with your saves.

Once we have further information about this issue we will update this megathread.

@rocklou I'm pleased to hear that verifying your game files resolved the issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics