ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• amikee58
    2 posts

I can not play because any attempt to save a game, reload or reboot makes no difference. Seemed to start after latest Ostara festival
    Its not divers, its not the system, its Ubisoft.
    This is getting very frustrating
    Would like to see Ubisoft fix this soon, without offering the usual mucking around options for the users to try
    Obvious when your systems doesn't change and it worked before then this issues come from Ubisoft

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @amikee58!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Just to confirm, have you been encountering a "Data Corrupt" error whilst playing the game? Or are you having trouble saving your progress?

If you are encountering a "Data Corrupt" error on your saves, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Do you use the suspend/resume feature for rest mode whilst playing the game?
    • How often does the error appear? Is it every time you try to save, or does it only happen occasionally?
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves
    • Do you own any expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?
    • How much space is available on your console storage?
    • How many total saves slots do you have? How many have the Corrupt error?

This information will help us to investigate the issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@ubi-keo When I saw 50 opal, reinstall game on PS5, same problem, can't manual, auto, quick save. Now there is only a cloud, which is not always, I guess the time activated. What exactly do you need, I recorded a Youtube video before, sent a copy of the save, write exactly what you need and who answers to fix?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

Hey @bojan-77

Can you clarify if you see the Data Corrupt messages as shown in the image 5 posts above yours? If not, please can you start your own new thread about your issue and post a link to your video.

If you do have the same messages about data corrupt, please just answer the same questions Ubi-Borealis mentioned in the post directly above yours.

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@ubi-froggard

If you are encountering a "Data Corrupt" error on your saves, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Do you use the suspend/resume feature for rest mode whilst playing the game? - No, never.
    • How often does the error appear? Is it every time you try to save, or does it only happen occasionally? - Every time the game tries autosave, or if I make a manual or quick save. The only save I have is the cloud, in each of these three options. .
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves - No, the last three months, reinstall games too, it does not help .
    • Do you own any expansions? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? - I have a season pass, and Dawn of ragnarok
    • How much space is available on your console storage? - Depends, over 300 GB, and I tried to switch to WD BLACK ™ SN850 NVMe ™ SSD with Heatsink - 1TB, same problem.
    • How many total saves slots do you have? How many have the Corrupt error? - At this point, not counting Cloud, 3 save, a few months old, every corrupt save I delete.

For the Youtube video, I will make a video, in two days and I will upload and put a link.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 225 posts

Hi @bojan-77 and thanks for the info!

I passed your information on to the development team for further review. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums and the patch notes. Thanks!

Official Response
  • dorinash1
    85 posts

Same here. The error pops everywhere in England and the rest of the lands.

• Bojan-77
    30 posts

@ubi-auron Every time you try to save the game, "Data corrupt" comes, the only thing that passes is CLOUD save for manual, auto, quick. PS5. As I’ve written before, this has been going on for months, on the advice of one forum user, I needed to change equipment at Jomsviking at the campground, and it helped me finish the last DLC and game, but when I finished the game and started a new festival, it wasn’t anymore helped and it happens inscribed, every save pop "Data corrupt", anywhere on the map. If necessary, I can send a save file to you to check. By the way, I have old saves, and if I use it, I tried it, saves work normally for about 3 minutes and then the same problems.

YouTube video:

• dorinash1
    85 posts

That's so f***d up! After all this time they still can't fix this error. The game is UNPLAYABLE Ubisoft! Shame on you!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your additional reports and @Bojan-77 , thank you for your clip, they've been passed on the team as they continue to investigate this.

We'll let you know as and when we hear more.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • chippenham78
    5 posts

Game crashes a lot... and the last 2 days it crashed every 5-10mins.
    So finally I gave up and reinstall..... then DATA CORRUPT show up....
    According to Epic, I have played worth of 7days - There is no way I am going to restart this game

What can I do to recover?
    Can I get my money back?

This is with ver 1.0.2.

• chippenham78
    5 posts
    Game crashes a lot... and the last 2 days it crashed every 5-10mins.
    So finally I gave up and reinstall..... then DATA CORRUPT show up....
    According to Epic, I have played worth of 7days - There is no way I am going to restart this game

What can I do to recover?
    Can I get my money back?

This is with ver 1.0.2.

I used ubisoft launcher to verify games files, and it said need repair.
    After repaired, then it stars downloading the update - don't know why it didn't do so after first install??

It looks like it fixed the problem and at least I can load latest save for now

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

@chippenham78 Hey there, glad to hear that repairing your files fixed the issue! Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other issues.

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

AND? Did you find the problem? When will the solution work, will it be before you roll out NG +?

• JamesLogan491
    139 posts

@bojan-77 "before you roll out NG +"
    That is quite optimistic of you to be so sure a NG+ is going to happen.
    I'm not going to say it is likely but it wouldn't be surprising if Ubisoft had given up on this idea and just haven't made it public yet.
    They've given up o "future features" already so if you want to have expectations of content yet to come I would advise caution to mitigate any frustration or disappointment.

• Bojan-77
    30 posts

@jameslogan491 They announced yes, NG +, but only when they finish the support, meaning witj all various DLC, if there weren't a lot of glitches, this game would be very, very frustrating because of grinding ... so they are counting on Helix ... but half a year ago the problem started with save file, has not been resolved yet, and they do not even say that they are aware of the problem ...

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hi @bojan-77 and @JamesLogan491! Our team is investigating the data corrupt error message players have encountered. I apologize for any frustrations this has caused you, but if you do run into the error and verifying your game files does not help please let us know here. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@UbiSushiVamp

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/98905/failed-to-save-game-progress-error/41?page=3&lang=en-US

Just to remind all, in less than a month it will be exactly one year since I made the first post about the "save" problem, and more than a year with the impossibility of playing the game and I'm definitely giving up on preordering any more Ubisoft games... If a new AC comes out, only one year or two after the release and end of support, live service AC big no no, with of course reading whether there are problems... if you are not able to fix this in a year, you never will, there is no chance for a refund, or you just don't care....

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 225 posts

Hi @Bojan-77 - I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this.

I've just check the status of the report and we don't have any updates on this for now, but I can assure you that it's still open and being investigated. Have you already tried verifying your game files to see if it helps?

Official Response
  • Bojan-77
    30 posts

@Ubi-Auron

Tried everything in my power, once PS4, now PS5. A year and no solution? There won't be, and neither will my purchases of Ubisoft games, maybe AC and Remake, if it ever comes out, but without microtransactions.. I mean, today you are the company with the largest percentage of players who hate it, you brought EA down, and it really took an effort, canceling ownership of purchased DLC or bug-filled games that you stop supporting when you can no longer milk players, anyway, I'm not mad at you, you're just working on the forum, I'm sorry because I'm a Big AC fan, I'm too disappointed today, that's all...

Suggested Topics