Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ssota1
    2 posts

I have the same problem on my PS5. Only the Cloud-Savegames seems to work.

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis I know you guys and gals are busy but my complete Valhalla experience has been ruined truly ruined, I replied to your reply but still know response. This save file corruption issue is unacceptable, 1300+ hrs and hundreds of dollars literally in helix credits ruined so I say Thank you very much for this, Ive deleted all files both console and cloud side and theres know point playing it because this issue will persist. I feel robbed at this point so i say it again thank you for this, truly heartbreaking.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3624 posts

Hello there @FranchyZ4L,

I apologise for the delayed response. Please note that it may take longer than anticipated to respond when contact volumes in the forum are high. Rest assured that a member of the player support team will reach out as soon as they are able to.

Thank you for providing us with all of that additional information. I've passed your report along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. I can see that they've shared a recent update, and will deploy a fix for corrupted saves in a future update. We don't currently have an ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have any more information to share about the fix the development team are working on, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

While the team continue to investigate this issue, we would advise to not delete your current save files. I can see in your update that you have chosen to do this, and I am sorry to hear that you have come to this decision. I appreciate that you put a lot of time and effort into the game, and I understand that you would have not made this decision lightly.

Please note that you should still be able to access any Helix Credits items you have purchased if you choose to start a new save. You will also be able to access any Helix credits you still have. Your Helix credits are bound to your Ubisoft Account, rather than your save file, so these items will not have been lost. You can re-download them into the game at any time via the Animus Store. You should also be able to access and re-play any additional content, including Season Pass content or bonus quests like "The Way of the Berserker."

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank You so much for the response, i did indeed get in touch w/ ubi support and gave them everything they have asked for, i did notice that an update just hit as of this reply, i dont know if this is the patch you where refering to but if not i look forward to that update. As ive said i love this game more than most and look forward to resuming Eivor's adventure, while losing all those hrs truly hurt it isnt the end of the world and when fixed ill jump right back in and live the best Viking life! Cheers to you all, i still have faith in everyone of you!!!!!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @FranchyZ4L! The update that was just released (TU 1.2.2.1) was a hot fix addressing some lingering crashing issues and restoring the missing Feast UI elements following Title Update 1.2.2. There was no additional fixes included in this update, such as a fix for the "Data Corrupt" error. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

Once we have any more updates regarding the future fix for this issue, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

I hope you can continuing living your best Viking life!

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @JEDIKNIGHT_234 & @ssota1!

I've merged your posts into this ongoing Megathread about "Data Corrupt!" errors on save games. This helps us to keep all updates and information from an investigation in one place. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this merge.

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering "Data Corrupt!" errors in-game. Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us. The development team have shared that they will be deploying a fix for corrupted saves in a future update. We don't currently have an ETA for when this update is to be released. Once more information is made available, we will share this in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

While the team continue to investigate this issue, we would advise to not delete your current save files. 

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • dorinash1
    65 posts

After the last patch (June 29) I'm unable to autosave or manual save the game except for Ravensthorpe area, entering and exiting the river raids and fast travel to Odin mines hideout Mastery Challenge (the only non-Ravensthorpe place where I can fast travel). The rest of the map is unavailable for saving. I've tried to fast travel to different areas, to travel on horse, with the longship but nothing worked. After leaving the Ravensthorpe area the save data corrupted error gonna keep pup-up. The daily opal quests don't get saved as well, except for the one in Ravenstorpe when you kill the wolf.
    And i tried all the methods to restart the game, reloading a previous save and all that. Nothing worked. From this point the game is unplayable for me. PS4 platform

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@dorinash1 Sorry to hear this, ive been dealing with this game breaking bug for months, Ubi has no fix for this as of yet but as time goes by without any resolution im loosing hope. Ive had 1300+ hrs of files corrupted both console and cloud side, all gone. I feel for you and hope this gets fixed asap cause i cant play a game i paid for, its truly heartbreaking.

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Hey Ubi, im just checking in to see if theres any headway on this save file corruption issue, this has to be top priority and nothing else, the recent reveal of infinity has been a kick in the nuts! One handed swords, new armor sets come on really this is nonsense, please get to bottom of this because as you know its cost me 1300+hrs so far and a hell of alot of money as ive already stated. Im loosing out on content because of this issue and its unacceptable. Please be and do better!

• dorinash1
    65 posts

@franchyz4l i feel you bro! I have 800+ hours of play on my PS4 and as well don't want to lose my progress, plus all the money invested in helix packs and season pass. And all the previous AC games with all DLC, all Far Cry and Watch Dogs series. Ubisoft just don't care about us. All they care is green. Imagine what they gonna do with this new Infinity project. More and more money to milk from the costumers. I won't support this anymore. This is disgusting

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@dorinash1 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to save your game outside of Ravensthorpe, and that you're encountering trouble when completing Opal quests. This behaviour sounds particularly strange, and I'd like to collect some more information for the development team. Would you be able to provide us with some additional videos so we can take a closer look at some of the issues you're encountering:

• You mention you can only fast travel to the Odin Mines Mastery Challenge. What happens when you try to fast travel somewhere else? Could you send us a video which shows this behaviour in-game?
    • Can you send us a video which shows what happens when you save in Ravensthorpe compared to when you save elsewhere? This will help the team to better understand the behaviour of the "Data Corrupt!" message you're getting.
    • Just to confirm, did this behaviour only start occuring following TU 1.2.2.1? If you can provide us with as much information about the events that lead up to the issue occuring in-game, this will be very helpful for further investigation.

@FranchyZ4L - Thanks for reaching out to us again! Please rest assured that the development team has been looking into this issue further, and I am sorry to hear that it has affected your gameplay experience in a negative manner.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have any new information to share regarding "Data Corrupt!" errors and future updates, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • dorinash1
    65 posts

@Ubi-Borealis - I can't share no videos, cause I don't have the technology for it. No PC, no great smartphone to record it, only my ps4. But I can answer you with some details I noticed. When I fast travel to Odin mines hideout Mastery Challenge the game autosaves or manualy saves just fine. In the Ravensthorpe area the same. But when I leave those areas it starting to pup-up the data corrupt error. When I fast travel to other regions like Glowecestrescire, Hamtunscire, East Anglia and the rest of them immediately gonna pup-up that error. Today I've tried a trick and worked. Fast traveled to Glowecestrescire, killed there some soldiers, avenged a death (all this time the error pupped-up, and I just pressed ok (X)). After that returned to Ravensthorpe, deleted the error data files accumulated there (around 6-7) and did a manual save. And it did saved that progress from the Glowecestrescire area. And this started after the last update, and I suspect after the 50 river raids ubi club challenge for 5 opal.

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for responding, emotions do run high when something you love very much is not playable, forgive me if i was being to aggressive. I know the team cares deeply and really is trying to resolve this issue asap, at my age (50) i should practice more patience, im really missing playing the game as you could tell and want to jump back in asap, your doing a great job for what you have to deal with everyday, i hope to hear great news soon so i can continue my Viking journey. Cheers!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@dorinash1 - Thank you for sharing some more information about the issue you're encountering with us, and for letting us know that you have been able to find a workaround by creating a manual save. Has this fully resolved the issue for you, or do you still encounter "Data Corrupt!" errors after some time?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble sharing videos with us. If you play on PS4, you should be able to capture a video using the "Share" function, and can then upload this to Twitter or YouTube. If you are able to, I would recommend using this function to capture a video as this will help the team to have a better understanding of the "Data Corrupt!" behaviour you're experiencing in-game.

@FranchyZ4L - I understand that this issue has placed you in an inconvenient situation, and I do apologise for any problems that has been caused by this error. I know from our interactions that you're very passionate about this game, and I would like to assure you that the development team are addressing reports of this issue seriously. As soon as we have any updates to share about the fix the development team intend to deploy, we will let you know within this thread and the News & Announcements forum.

If you do have any questions or concerns about the "Data Corrupt!" error, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll gladly assist further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Its all good, i know this must be a pretty bad bug to deal with and I know you guys will get it figured out. I really miss playing it so i do apologize for any of my emotions running high, you doing a great job at communicating back w/ me and i do appreciate it a great bit, so i look forward to hearing from you with some great news soon i hope. cheers mate!

• JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis I too have this problem now, only since the last update I think, recent anyway. PS4 1TB. I am another 50+ yr old, not super tecy but Ok, have same issues as the other 2 you answered, only areas away from home, Ireland is the worst, sometimes can manual save without currupt data warning, mostly not, sometimes can keep doing small kills etc and can get a normal save but mostly not, can usually travel to Ravensthorpe and it saves fine.
    Love this game even with the 1000 gliches, lol, but this is making the game unplayable.
    Please hurry the fix, thank you for your time.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@FranchyZ4L - Thank you for your understanding, as well as your kind words 🙂 Rest assured that once we have any news to share regarding the fix for this issue, we will let you know as soon as we are able to within the forums.

@JustBlessed22 - Welcome to the forums 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors in-game as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, as well as the areas where this issue occurs the most. Thank you for letting us know that you're able to save successfully in Ravensthorpe as well. I know it's not ideal to keep returning to the settlement, but I am glad that you're able to successfully save your data in one location without any errors.

As soon as we have any news to share about the future fix, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis I played after posting and travelled around to see where it was happening and it hardly gave any data corrupt warning! Complete difference to last few days, so seems random, poss link/trigger to Avenge quests popping up, (mine pop up 250+m away, should they?) Or other small quest such as Pigeon coup and Redas.
    I am now deleting corrupt saves immediately and carrying on or travel home until can save normally.
    I'm level 430, 47 masters, completed all areas inc Ireland, completed river raids have bronze silvers and golds in Mastery, so have played 600+ hours without this problem.
    My PS online all time, assume the game is? I connect to ubisoft challenges etc. PS4 slim 1Tb
    I have always used auto save until this issue.
    No crashes before or after this happening but have had lag in gameplay and loading, which I'm sure is in game not my wifi as other things fine.
    Very random, think you must have upset the Norse gods or Loki is in the data up to his tricks, lol.
    Thanks again

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @JustBlessed22! I'm glad to hear that you haven't been encountering the "Data Corrupt!" error as much since your last update 😄

Thank you for taking the time to share some more information about your gameplay experience and set-up. I would be unable to speculate on what may be causing this error to happen to players. I can provide a answers to some of your questions, but I would be unable to confirm if any of these are the causes behind the data corruption.

I can speak from personal experience that I've had avenge quests remain on my map from 250m+ away. If you decide you no longer want to take part in an avenge quest, I'd recommend making a quick manual save then immediately reloading. This has helped me to avoid avenge quests I decided I no longer wanted to take part in. You can also restart your game and continue your most recent save as well.

The game is also actively online, as long as you have an internet connection. The online connection ensures that any core/timed challenges you're taking part in are tracked correctly, as well as granting you access to online stores (such as the Animus Store and Reda's Shop). The game can also be played offline, though, with some reduced access to some features (such as Reda's Shop).

You mention that you've been experiencing lag and slower loading times in-game. As a fellow PS4 player, I've experienced this issue in-game as well. We've reported the issue to the development team, who are currently investigating this issue further. I'd recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates about PS4 loading times and lag.

I hope Loki decides not to cause any further trouble for you! If you have any additional questions or concerns about the "Data Corrupt!" error, or anything else Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you my friend, im looking forward to hearing from you soon. Keep up the great work!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics