Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• derek7877
    2 posts

Been dealing with this for several weeks now. Started on PS4 Pro. Restored a save that caused me to lose about 10 days worth of progress, but cloud saves always corrupt. Tried to switch to PS5; now the game is unplayable. Won't save at all. If I have to lose 390 hours of gameplay, I will just uninstall. I'm sick of this!

• c_r_h
    6 posts

Playing on PS5, 295 hours.
    I am also getting "Failed to Save Game Progress" with both autosaves and manual saves consistently. It started two days ago, The two newest saves in the list are now marked as corrupt.
    I tried closing the game and restarting it, reloading the last cloud save, restarting the PS5, shutting down the PS5 and unplugging it for a minute. I don't want to reinstall the game unless I have no other options to avoid corrupting even more saves.
    So far I can find only old articles from last year, which suggested the actions listed above. If anyone has an idea of what I should do, I would much appreciate it.

• c_r_h
    6 posts

Unlike JustBlessed22 for me the corrupted files are consistent other that sometimes a cloud save works. I have deleted all corrupted files, shut down the PS5, restarted it and I am where I am when the issue started.

This appears to be a real bug in the most recent patch. Can we please at least get a progress report of the investigation?

• JustBlessed22
    16 posts

Sorry to say my troubles are back, had a couple of good days, still corrupt saves but much less, but now its doing it more and in Ravensthorpe, but at least I can still get normal saves inbetween.
    To anyone thinking of uninstalling game etc, tried it, didn't work for me on PS4, made it worse for 2 days then much better and back to worse! So guess we will have to be patient guys, the Ubisoft brains are on it already.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there!

@derek7877 - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing corrupted saves on PS4 and PS5, and that this error is preventing you from saving any further. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. I would like to assure you that the development team have been investigating this issue further, and will be deploying a fix in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed date for when this update is to be released. As soon as we know when this fix is to be released in-game, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@c_r_h - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing the "Data Corrupt!" error for a couple of days. Thank you for sharing your report with us, and for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried. Do you remember what actions you did in-game prior to the error occuring? For instance, did it begin after completing a specific quest or after a system update? This could be helpful to understanding what caused this issue to trigger in-game for you.

I'd like to assure you that the development team are aware of this issue, and will be deploying a fix in a future update. As soon as we have more definite information to share from the investigation regarding the fix, we will let you know within the forums.

@JustBlessed22 - Thank you for sharing an update with us! I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering "Data Corrupt!" errors again. I'm glad to hear that you're still able to get some normal saves in-between. Just to confirm, the errors are occuring less than they did before? Additionally, now these errors occur in Ravensthorpe whereas before they didn't occur in the settlement. Is this correct? I'm just ensuring that I have the best understanding of your own situation as possible 🙂

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, thanks for reply. Yes more often now and in Ravensthorpe, as soon as game loads even but can still get a save eventually, getting harder tho. I've noticed it sometimes saves currupt and then saves again normally, instantly without me moving, which is quite handy, lol but still random and annoying. Thank you .

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for clarifying that additional information for me, @JustBlessed22! I'm sorry to hear that these errors are now occuring in Ravensthorpe. I thought we'd found at least one safe space for you to reliably save in 😖 We don't yet have a confirmed release date for when the fix for this issue will be deployed. The team are checking in with the investigation regularly, so rest assured that as soon as we know more information, we will let you know within this thread.

If the issue continues to get worse and you can no longer save at all without an error, please don't hesitate to reach out! In the meantime, we would advise that you refrain from deleting any saves that are marked as corrupted.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks will take your advice about saves, I believe you did mention it beforehand but I forgot, oops, my bad.

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hey there i wanted to check in with you to see if theres been any headway on the save file corruption issue that has plagued the game for me as well as so many others as of yet? I know theres a patch up incoming and if this isssue will be addressed in it? Since our last message ive tried 1 lst idea to see if it would help, 1st i uninstalled game then cleared PS5 cache then did a data rebuild then reinstalled game but have been reluctant to try it because i dont want to be heartbroken even more if doesnt work so thats why im hoping theres any news on your side, thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis Update: Stopped deleting data currupt saves, now almost every save currupt, auto or manual, have to keep going to get normal save which is taking longer now. I'm having a break until update now, thanks again.

• FranchyZ4L
    12 posts

@justblessed22 hey there ive been suffering this issue for months and corrupted all my files on both console and cloud side, ive been working w/ these guys for weeks and waiting for an update, today (7/24/21) i got an email saying case closed when in fact nothing has been done to fix the problem, truly a insult to all of us who have suffered this issue.

• JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@franchyz4l Installed the new update today, first and almost all "save currupt" as usual, travelled to Ireland and was just making me sleep (in the same house as letters and tattoos are) wake up, screen dark, saving/loading and then repeat, had to close the game to stop it. Don't feel to turn it bck on, so disappointing, I feel you're pain.

• ssota1
    2 posts

Since title update 1.2.1, my PS5-Version of the game keeps saving as "Data Corrupt" by every auto-, manual- or quicksave. The game always shows a message that reads "Failed to save Game Progress".
    And under title update 1.3.0 the problem is still there. Please address this issue soon. Thank you.

• c_r_h
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Update: Manual and autosave still does not work after newest update (1.3.0) No change in behavior. I consider the game unplayable right now. Was looking forward to the new DLC, but without saves that's not going to work. Pity, I was one of the ones who liked and defended the game towards a lot of the hostile forum denizens. Right now I can't really say anything. I've tried everything I could think of. Quit game, erase corrupt saves and quit game, quit and reboot console, install update, try manual and autosave.
    This has been a known issue for ages, maybe Ubisoft could put some new features on the back burner and fix fundamental functionality.
    Edit: Playing on PS5

Further edit: Saving in Ravensthorpe does not work either.

• Limelys
    4 posts

I have been having the same problem on my ps5 since "Wrath of the Druids" came out, and I think update 1.2.1. It seems to corrupt my saves whenever I fast travel to Ravensthorpe. Today I tried to fast travel to the fast travel point that is closet to Ravensthorpe, and ride to Ravensthorpe, and the game continued just fine.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding corrupted saves within this thread. I understand that this issue is causing you to be unable to access save files and lose progress, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by this.

I've checked with the development team regarding the investigation into "Data Corrupt!" errors in-game, and this issue was marked as resolved following the release of TU 1.3.0. I am unable to speculate if this resolution is to fix saves currently showing as corrupted, or if it is to prevent the issue from occuring with future saves. I've reached out to the development team to see if we can get more information regarding this update. As soon as we have more clarification regarding this recent update from the development team, we will let you know within this thread.

If you are receiving the error message ""An error has just occurred that is stopping your game from being saved. Please restart your game to be able to save your progress again" when trying to save the game, please can you exit to the main menu and close the application fully before restarting your game. Your progress should then save as normal.

If you have TU 1.3.0 installed on your platform and your saves still show as corrupted, can you please provide us with a video which shows the following:

• You have TU 1.3.0 installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu
    • Your current saved games, showing all of the saves that have the "Data Corrupt!" error, as well as any saves that are unaffected. It's important to see the number of saves that are affected by this issue.

Can you also let us know if you receive these errors in any specific locations (such as only when you save in Ravensthorpe), or if this happens anywhere you try to save the game. We can include this information in your up-to-date reports to the development team following TU 1.3.0.

@JustBlessed22 - The development team are aware of an issue introduced with TU 1.3.0 wherein players are stuck in a sleeping loop upon fast travelling to Dublin. They're investigating this issue further. I'd recommend following the linked Megathread for future news and updates from this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustBlessed22
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis I tried quitting to title screen and closing application yesterday no change. I will follow new thread and this but not playing A C, too frustrating, sticking to Lego, complete contrast, lol. Thanks for responding tho, appreciated.

• c_r_h
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis I still have the problem with the new patch.

I am running 1.3.0 on PS5 (Verified in main menu). Playing the PS5 version (verified in 'Game Version).

My free space is 263.8GB. Valhalla takes up 77.76GB. Save data synced is 78.65MB

I tried the game both from cold start and from sleep.

Continue works, but every autosave and every manual save produces the black box stating that the save failed.

Saved games show up in 'Load' as corrupt and can not be loaded (x grayed out)

I have 5 corrupt saves as of now. I tried to erase corrupt saves a few times but that does not make a difference.

Both manual and auto saves fail. The corrupt file show the correct time and date and 0h, 0m, 0s played

• Limelys
    4 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

Here is a video showing what happens to me. After I took the video I did a bit more testing, and my data gets corrupted no matter where I am, not only in Ravensthorpe. When I start the game, I can fast travel to one location, but if I fast travel, then my data gets corrupted. Hope it helps.

• davetheking26
    3 posts

@c_r_h Exact same experience since patch on ps5. In the final story arc with just a couple trophies remaining and [censored]. Unplayable when it tries to autosave every five seconds.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics