Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zer0Darknezz
    2 posts

Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    PC
    When did you first start experiencing "Data Corrupt!" errors?
    Just today, after finishing the first Assassination mission in Paris
    Do you also receive the error "Failed to Save Game Progress?"
    Yes, twice before, hence why I deleted some manual saves to make room.
    Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? 
    I don't use rest mode at all.
    Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it?
    Yes, it does. Verifying the files didn't fix it. Problems started occuring after installing the latest patch.
    How often does it happen? 
    First time this has happened.
    How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? 
    155 hours in. The only manual save I can load is before starting siege of Paris and the Beowulf questline, so about 10 hours back.
    Do you own the expansions (Wrath of the Druids / Siege of Paris)?
    I got Season Pass and all expansions are installed.
    If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    For now it only occurs in the siege of paris. Haven't checked anything else.
    Are you able to load your cloud saves successfully?
    No.
    Does this error prevent you from creating/loading saves?
    Don't know for sure. Scared that saving will delete even more progress, seeing as I only have 3 saves in total in the DLC in total.
    How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors?
    150 GB

• Harry47kel
    1 posts

PC
    Just today, but yesterday (before 12gb patch that i got today) i killed one of druids from templar order without any notes just randomly met him (In DLC Wrath of druids). I'm not 100% sure but probably it was last in the down left corner.
    Didn't try to do that.
    Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? 
    I have issue that throw on my desktop. But last time i closed game correctly.
    Yes, it does. Verifying the files didn't fix it. Problems started occuring after installing the latest patch. But probably main reason that i killed templar randomly.
    First time this has happened.
    136 hours in. The only manual save I can load is before starting before main storyline ends - 20 hours.
    I got Season Pass and all expansions are installed.
    If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game? 
    For now it only occurs in the wrath of druids. Haven't checked anything else.
    No.
    Don't know for sure.
    How much space is left on your device from when you first received these error
    226-324GB

Is it possible to send you my saves to fix them? At least the last one. I don't want to replay it once again.

• tomliviu
    2 posts

PC
    Just today, after finishing some old raids on River Dee.
    No, Never.
    I don't use rest mode at all.
    Yes, it does. Verifying the files didn't fix it.
    First time this has happened is now 08.09.2021 - 16h00
    i have lost 2 weeks of playing the game!! My last update is from 25.08.2021
    No
    I don;t have the DLC.
    No.
    i don't know.
    How much space is left on your device from when you first received these errors?
    1,5 TB

Today my game updated twice. One update around 11GB and another one 26,49GB.
    After the last update I could found my save.

• CitizenNowhere
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    249 posts

I played since 2 hours on PC with no issues and suddenly i got the cant save popup. Saves are corrupt and the game and Ubisoft Connect are offline.
    I dont know if i lost my profile and i have for sure no issues with the connection.

The launcher is still showing errors and i am not able to login

Isnt not funny anymore how Ubisoft behave to us. Since release only issues but every week Shop Items. I wasnt able to use my Ultimate Items for month...no refund..no excuse..
    Also the Ubisoft Website have issues

• Kumimatsu
    4 posts

I just launched the game again and I can load my saves again. I did nothing to fix it and I don't even think there was any updates. I'm happy that I can play again. Might come back though if I get more issues.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there!

We are aware of an issue wherein saves were becoming corrupted due to Ubisoft Connect reinstalling TU 1.3.0 following the release of TU 1.3.1. This issue should now be resolved, and you should be able to reinstall TU 1.3.1. This should allow you to access your saves again.

Can you please confirm if you're able to successfully access your saves now, or if they are still showing as corrupted? We can then forward your reports to the development team for further investigation.

@Kumimatsu - Thanks for confirming that the issue has now been resolved for you, and that you can access your saves again.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • amandubey_
    3 posts

Hello i have been facing this issue after I re installed the epic games launcher. Now when I launch the game it says your save or data has been corrupt. How can I resume the game where I left it.

@kumimatsu i am not able to do do my manual saves are there in the ubisoft folder but I just cant seem to load it again

@ubi-borealis hello there. My patch is set to 1.0.2 and I am getting the data corrupt prompt. Day before yesterday I got the patch 1.3.1 and now its set back to 1.0.2 and its saying data is corrupt. Please help.

• amandubey_
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • amandubey_
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1183 posts

Hey there @amandubey_ - welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your save games becoming corrupted in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As a quick heads-up, I've merged your three posts into one to keep things neat and tidy in this megathread. Please do tag individual users using the @ symbol in a single post if wishing to reply to multiple people at once, rather than making individual posts in reply to each! Thank you. 🙂

Regarding the issue at hand, it sounds as if your game is not fully updated at present, and requires updating. Have you fully updated the game through the game client, and also checked in-game that the game version you are currently running is the latest one? For reference, the latest title update was version 1.3.1.

Please let me know if you're unsure how to update the game, or if after doing so, you're still seeing corrupted saves listed. We can try to look further into this with you then, but I'm afraid I cannot promise that the files can be recovered if it is a genuine issue of save corruption rather than a visual error.

Official Response
  • Macri0071980
    12 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi,

I am Justin I have xbox one X and I want to report my Assassins Creed games are crashing as well and Black Flag is acting up like when Edward climbs his hands move like when a car's tire turns to the right. Both Black Flag and Rouge had 2 crashes during Game Play and I do not know what is the problem with the error stuff does it have to do with having the game files in second external Hard Drive?

Justin

p.s. please give these games a quick hot fix and please give Rouge and Black Flag a new loading Boot screen.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey there @macri0071980 - thanks for coming to Discussions to report the issues you're experiencing with your Assassin's Creed titles on Xbox One X.

This thread is exclusively for data corruption and save game errors in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, so I'd like to ask that you create a separate thread for the issues you are having over in our legacy Assassin's Creed games section, so that it can be properly addressed in the correct Player Support section. One of my colleagues will be able to pick up your queries there and assist you further.

For now though, I'd recommend that you run through our Xbox One troubleshooting and see if that helps! Best of luck! 🙂

Official Response
  • paradoxe5445
    1 posts

Hi,

Will this issue will actually be solved one day ? It ‘s been a year since we can see « Ubisoft is aware of the problem », and yet i spent 2 hours yesterday to finally beeing able to play again on ps4. Is there any solution except playing offline ? Cause that’s annoying, i cant do opals achievements and contracts then. And seeing the state of the game I’m too scared to even launch it online now and lose all my saves.

Is there a way to deactivate the cloud auto save for ps4 ? (i did it on the Ubi connect pc app but i doubt it apply to my ps4 game too). I dont want and dont need Ubisoft to save the game for me, especially when its game breaking like that with no fix since a year… Please need answers and solutions.

• LinxWolf1
    1 posts

Same thing happened to me when playing on PC, the game was auto saving and I got an error saying that I have to restart the game in order to save due to an error. I tried to manually save before closing the game and I got the same error and my save games showed Data Corrupt. After closing the game I received an error when it tried to sync my saves and achievements with the cloud

• thexray
    2 posts

@linxwolf1 same happened to me now with 1.3.2, the game crashed to windows, and when i alt-tabbed back into the game, it says there was an error saving and i should restart the game to be able so save again. i tried saving the game and it shows DATA CORRUPT.
    when exiting the game it says, that the cloud save is not working as well.
    great, did i just loose all my game progress?????

• breusch1234
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi,

My data on Assassin's creed valhalla has been corrupted for the second time in 2 days. The first save contained +70 hours of gameplay and after my second save got corrupted i've given up on ever playing the game again. If there is any way i can get back to the old save i would be happy to hear from you. 

Best regards,
    Anders

• Ubi-Woofer

@paradoxe5445 - Welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here, and pose your questions with relation to cloud saving / save data. To clarify, can you please confirm whether you are experiencing any "data corrupt!" messages on any of your save files? If not, can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing, as it is a little unclear to me from your post? If you could also let me know if you mainly use autosaves or make manual saves as well, that would be beneficial. In terms of cloud saving, do you mean disabling the in-game cloud saving to the Ubisoft servers, or the external cloud saving whereby your save data is backed up to the PlayStation cloud if having a PlayStation Plus subscription active on your account?

@LinxWolf1 - Welcome to Discussions as well! Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error message you receive when trying to save your game / load your save game? Do you see a "data corrupt!" message against all of your available save games showing in the in-game menu at the moment, or only some?

@thexray - A warm welcome to Discussions to you as well! Can you please advise me of whether you have been able to load into the game again by now? If not, can you share a screenshot of the error message with me, as well as clarify if you have tried reinstalling the game on your system as yet?

@breusch1234 - Welcome to Discussions, Anders! I am very sorry to hear that you have had your data corrupt twice in two days. Can you please clarify which system / console you are playing on, and also if you have checked for any local or cloud save games on the respective available services you have accessible to you? (e.g. the PlayStation Plus cloud server on PS4 or PS5). If you can also tell me whether you have been relying on autosaves, or have been making your own manual saves frequently, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all! 🙂

Official Response
  • breusch1234
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi - thank you for the reply!

I'm playing on ps4. I've made several manual saves, and i've downloaded the 72hr save from the cloud but it still doesn't wonna load it.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested Topics