ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved "Data Corrupt!" Error on Save Games | POST HERE

19 likes/748 replies/25593 views
    Elite-Holter
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

My fiancé has Valhalla on her PS4, she recently got a ps5 and she data transferred everything to her ps5, upon loading valhalla it has corrupted every single save of hers. Manual and Auto saves.
    Is there anything that can be done about this as she is distraught and had 300+ hours on the game. It is currently downloading the latest update which she already downloaded on the ps4, could that be why they are corrupting, does this download need to finish first before her saves come back?
    Thanks.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1475

@Elite-Holter Hey there, sorry to hear your girlfriend experienced this. Are her saves still showing as corrupted after installing the latest update?

official-response
  • JamesLogan491
    ubisoft:x-posts, 140

@Bojan-77 Hey, hope you are doing fine. Remembered this exchange we had after I read the last update. Should I say "I told you so"?

Bojan-77  Jun 21, 2022
    AND? Did you find the problem? When will the solution work, will it be before you roll out NG +?
    JamesLogan491 Jun 22, 2022
    @bojan-77 "before you roll out NG +"
    That is quite optimistic of you to be so sure a NG+ is going to happen.
    I'm not going to say it is likely but it wouldn't be surprising if Ubisoft had given up on this idea and just haven't made it public yet.
    They've given up o "future features" already so if you want to have expectations of content yet to come I would advise caution to mitigate any frustration or disappointment.
    Bojan-77 Jun 23, 2022
    @jameslogan491 They announced yes, NG +, but only when they finish the support, meaning witj all various DLC, if there weren't a lot of glitches, this game would be very, very frustrating because of grinding ... so they are counting on Helix ... but half a year ago the problem started with save file, has not been resolved yet, and they do not even say that they are aware of the problem ...

• Bojan-77
    ubisoft:x-posts, 34
    Bojan-77  Jun 21, 2022AND? Did you find the problem? When will the solution work, will it be before you roll out NG +?JamesLogan491 Jun 22, 2022@bojan-77 "before you roll out NG +"That is quite optimistic of you to be so sure a NG+ is going to happen.I'm not going to say it is likely but it wouldn't be surprising if Ubisoft had given up on this idea and just haven't made it public yet.They've given up o "future features" already so if you want to have expectations of content yet to come I would advise caution to mitigate any frustration or disappointment.Bojan-77 Jun 23, 2022@jameslogan491 They announced yes, NG +, but only when they finish the support, meaning witj all various DLC, if there weren't a lot of glitches, this game would be very, very frustrating because of grinding ... so they are counting on Helix ... but half a year ago the problem started with save file, has not been resolved yet, and they do not even say that they are aware of the problem ...

You were right, unfortunately even though they said NG+ should be, I listened to them, but only at the end of support, apparently the greed is too great.. I upgraded everything, I spent 4/5 of the game grinding, and I was waiting to repeat the game again, but this time only in the story, like with Origins, when they said there was nothing from NG+, I deleted it from PS5, maybe after same year, but on super easy, without grinding.. Also gave up preordering the next game, Mirage, only when it's on deep discount..

• Awn_kanji47
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

I am having some of the same issues with corrupted data on PS4 that is now causing it to be useless to play. It started when I updated to version 6 patch. I downloaded the patch which took such a long time (8hrs) but I did not see any issues. I started my game again and all of my saves where corrupted. I tried several fixes to resolve the issue but ultimately had to delete the game off of my PS4. I am able to play version 1.10 with no issues but can't continue playing without installing version 7.20 which also has the same problems. I am posting this as a fair warning to anyone who may have the same issues as me and to notify Ubisoft that until this issue is resolved I will not be playing this game.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3343

Hey there @Awn_kanji47 , thanks for reaching out about this issue. I understand you've found your save games to be corrupted, and I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd really like to add your report of this issue to our ongoing investigation. Can you answer the questions below for me?

• Do you use Quick Resume, where the console is in rest mode with the game running, so that when you switch the console on it goes straight to the game? Do you leave the game minimized at all, and if so, how long? 
    • Do you own any of the expansion content? If so does this issue only occur while playing the expansion content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?
    • How much space is available in your console storage?
    • How many saves slots do you have filled? And does this issue happen on all of them?
    • You mentioned you're able to play the game on the default 1.10 patch - do the saves appear uncorrupted on that patch version, and then only appear corrupted after patching?

Thanks once again for letting us know about this. Please let me know if I can clarify any of these questions.

official-response
  • J-ROKZ35
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

@UbiStorm updated valhalla ..lost all my data..corrupted with the update. Whyyyyyy would ubisoft do this to the AC community. It's all gone..can't even access my season pass. Bought ragnarok can't even access that now. I feel robbed of all the hours and $$ spent on DLC.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5467

Hey there @J-ROKZ35

Apologies for the delay and to see you've lost your save.

Your save shouldn't have anything to do with your DLC though, so the expansions should still be owned.

May we please know the platform you're playing on?

And if your DLC is still inaccessible, could you please elaborate on this, does it show as unowned on the platform you purchased it or just in-game?

As if you've lost your save, you'd need to play to a certain point to access DLC content again.

official-response

Suggested Topics